Windows 10: Windows 10 not asking user while startup

Discus and support Windows 10 not asking user while startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 users on my Windows 10 .Whenever I turn on my laptop, Windows directly logs in into the user which was accessed last time I logged in. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MadhuraSawant, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not asking user while startup

I have 2 users on my Windows 10 .Whenever I turn on my laptop, Windows directly logs in into the user which was accessed last time I logged in. I thought it should ask me which user to use during each startup . There are some problens in settings I think. Can somebody tell what I should change in my settings...?

:)

MadhuraSawant, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 not asking user while startup

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not asking user while startup

1. Windows 10 not asking user while startup - Similar Threads - asking user while

2. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  3. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup: I set up a pin but it will not ask me for it on startup. It works if I lock the computer, but if I restart from the lock screen, it goes right to the desktop with no prompt for the pin. netplwiz does not have the check box for "Users must enter a username and password to use...
  4. Windows 10 will not ask me for PIN on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Show all users at startup - Windows 10

Show all users at startup - Windows 10: Hello,Updated my laptop as it was forced down my throat and now I miss all users that I can select at startup.When logged in and restart, it shows that user to login and not giving an option to switch/change account.I would like to have this back and I do not need anyone...
  6. Paint Shop Pro 7 - asking for User directory on startup

Paint Shop Pro 7 - asking for User directory on startup: i have had the well-documented problem of Paint Shop Pro 7 ancient i know putting up a dialog to select a user folder - apparently this happens when windows updates 10 are pending and the program files/Jasc folder is no longer available to store user info - the easy solution...
  7. Windows 10 user login and startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 user login and startup: Community: On my DELL XPS 8900, running Windows 10, once previously and today, the lock screen would not dismiss to the sign on screen after multiple interrupts, mouse taps, key hits, for 25 minutes of waiting and tapping. Previously I rebooted, today just about...
  8. Windows 10 user login and startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 user login and startup: Dell XPS 8900, freezes in starting Desktop, Slideshow pane appears but taskbar does not, mouse and keyboard clicks do not respond, Windows button does not respond, have to power down and restart...
  9. User switching on startup windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User switching on startup windows 10: Hello I am currently trying to solve this issue. Yesterday i created my girlfriend account on my PC with your online service. Problem comes out that when I turn off the computer and the turn it on again, we are not able to get a choice which account we want to login. If I...
  10. Windows ask for pincode at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows ask for pincode at startup: Not sure if this goes here or in User Accounts etc. but it´s system security, so. I want my computer to ask for my pincode every time I start it up and when it comes out of Sleep or Screensaver. When I Google this question I get 10 million hits on how to DISABLE the login...