Windows 10: Windows 10 not automatically activated after updating from windows 7 to 10

Discus and support Windows 10 not automatically activated after updating from windows 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I do have 2 dell laptop and both came with default window 7 pro version and activated. I have downloaded window.iso on first laptop and upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ANSAR AHAMAD, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not automatically activated after updating from windows 7 to 10

Hi,

I do have 2 dell laptop and both came with default window 7 pro version and activated.

I have downloaded window.iso on first laptop and upgraded using usb.

Windows 10 automatically upgraded and activated after installation.

However i have installed same iso to my second laptop using boot manager.

The second laptop also updated to windows 10 but windows is not activated using digital sign.

I do not have the product key only have product Id as below from my second laptop windows 7.

Please help me to activate my windows 10 on second laptop as well.

Let me know if any additional information required.

Windows 10 not automatically activated after updating from windows 7 to 10 [​IMG]

:)

ANSAR AHAMAD, May 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I did a full clean install of Windows 10 a while back and it will not activate. I didn't do a clean install from Windows 7/8/8.1 it was from Windows 10 (activated) so I expected it to activate just fine since it was fine before hand.

My Windows 10 license wasn't created from a previous Windows 7/8/8.1 key I got it from signing up to be an insider back in Nov of 2014. I installed a preview build on my laptop from the insider program and it worked just fine and it automatically upgraded to newer and newer preview builds and then to the full release automatically, fully activated and working fine. I did a full clean install not long ago (expect it to go through without issue since it was working before) and now it will not activate and I can't find any info on how to get it to activate and I can't seem to find the insider Windows 10 key.

Microsoft online support was useless and the gave me the toll free number to tech support.. I am currently on the phone waiting, they said it could be a 1hr 30min wait.. sigh.. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

LightningJR, May 22, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, May 22, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 not automatically activated after updating from windows 7 to 10

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not automatically activated after updating from windows 7 to 10

1. Windows 10 not automatically activated after updating from windows 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - automatically activated updating

2. Activate windows 10 from windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate windows 10 from windows 7: I have two Elite book 8440p`s that was returned from a client and they were still running windows 7. So i installed windows 10 from a USB that I have but we now need to activate windows. Steps Completed:- Ran troubleshooter which prompts for a product key or to purchase from...
  3. Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7

Activation of windows 10 home after upgrade from 7: I just got a new ssd to replace my old had and installed it in my Sony vaio and installed windows 10 with my USB bootable drive. I tried to activate using the original product key under the battery on the vaio for windows 7 premium and it says servers aren't available right...
  4. Activate windows 10 from windows 7

Activate windows 10 from windows 7: Hi, I am trying to help someone out in these covid times that has a kid at home and no laptop to make homework/distance schooling. I had a old pc lying around i was not using, and i'm now trying to get it up and running, and updating the very old windows 7 to windows 10....
  5. Activating a Windows 10 after Windows 7 Update

Activating a Windows 10 after Windows 7 Update: Hello everyone, I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After about 2 months, Windows 10 will pop up for activation. I presume my genuine Windows 7 license should suffice for Windows 10 activation. However Windows is still requesting activation after running the...
  6. After updating to windows 10 from a genuine windows 7, it asks for an activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to windows 10 from a genuine windows 7, it asks for an activation key: As the title says, I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10, but now it's not activated and asking for a product/activation key. Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated....
  7. Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7

Windows 10 Activation Not working after upgrade from windows 7: HI All, i working as IT Manager for Hospitality group, i had few computers (7) got update issue with windows 7 so i have restore them from the image then i have upgrade them using the upgrade DVD to win 10, but all of them did not get activated, in the other side i have...
  8. ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7

ACTIVATING WINDOWS 10 AFTER FREE UPGRADING FROM WINDOWS 7: CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I CANT USE MY PRODUCT KEY FROM WINDOW 7 ULTIMATE TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10 PRO FREE UPGRADE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-after-free-upgrading-from/282f861b-a36d-44c6-9b73-f0e32f2e5453"
  9. Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Mouse Movement after Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I am duel booting between Windows 7 Pro and Windows 10 Pro. While in Windows 10, some games such as Smite and Fortress-Forever(FF), my mouse will move perfectly vertically or horizontally for about a half a second. This does not happen while moving mouse around in a browser...
  10. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!: Hi, A couple of months ago I decided to finally upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I didn't do a clean install, I just went through the upgrade process. Everything went smoothly, and I've been loving everything about windows 10 since then, but today it started to...