Windows 10: Windows 10 not automatically backing up

Discus and support Windows 10 not automatically backing up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I'm running Windows 10 on my HP Computer and I can't get it to do an automatic backup to my external hard drive for the life of me. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KyleMarler, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not automatically backing up

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows 10 on my HP Computer and I can't get it to do an automatic backup to my external hard drive for the life of me.

I've spent at least 4 hours in total on the phone with support who can't seem to figure it out either.

We've tried re-installing Windows 10 to no avail. I've also gone into some of the settings to ensure everything is set to run automatically and it still won't work.

A manual backup works, but it's just not doing the automatic backup.

Someone please help.

Thank you !

:)

KyleMarler, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 not automatically backing up

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not automatically backing up

1. Windows 10 not automatically backing up - Similar Threads - automatically backing

2. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on: Hello guys I tried disabling the windows update using the services program which runs after restarting windows. I also tried using the registry editor way which didn't work. I don't want to enable metered connection. Is there any other way to disable the windows 10 update...
  3. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on: Hello guys I tried disabling the windows update using the services program which runs after restarting windows. I also tried using the registry editor way which didn't work. I don't want to enable metered connection. Is there any other way to disable the windows 10 update...
  4. How do I disable automatic Windows 10 updates until I manually turn it back on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...
  6. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...
  7. Attempting to login automatically sends me back to the start page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to login automatically sends me back to the start page: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 and I'm encountering an issue where whenever I try to enter the credentials login page, it will automatically send me back to the start page. I have tried so much already and I don't know what else to do. I have restarted and completely reinstalled...
  8. Attempting to login automatically sends me back to the start page

Attempting to login automatically sends me back to the start page: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 and I'm encountering an issue where whenever I try to enter the credentials login page, it will automatically send me back to the start page. I have tried so much already and I don't know what else to do. I have restarted and completely reinstalled...
  9. Attempting to login automatically sends me back to the start page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. All files with grey x were automatically deleted after signing back into one drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files with grey x were automatically deleted after signing back into one drive.: So, today I was trying to access a file and it had a grey x and there was an error code and the solution was that I needed to sign back into one drive. Once I did, every file that had a grey x on it was deleted. I can’t find the files anywhere. I’m most upset about the fact a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not backing up