Windows 10: Windows 10 not automatically backing up

Discus and support Windows 10 not automatically backing up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I'm running Windows 10 on my HP Computer and I can't get it to do an automatic backup to my external hard drive for the life of me. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KyleMarler, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not automatically backing up

Hey Guys,

I'm running Windows 10 on my HP Computer and I can't get it to do an automatic backup to my external hard drive for the life of me.

I've spent at least 4 hours in total on the phone with support who can't seem to figure it out either.

We've tried re-installing Windows 10 to no avail. I've also gone into some of the settings to ensure everything is set to run automatically and it still won't work.

A manual backup works, but it's just not doing the automatic backup.

Someone please help.

Thank you !

:)

KyleMarler, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 not automatically backing up

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not automatically backing up

1. Windows 10 not automatically backing up - Similar Threads - automatically backing

2. Monitors go to sleep automatically and don't turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors go to sleep automatically and don't turn back on: So I've been having this issue where my monitors would just go into sleep mode after a random amount of time even if I have been using my pc and they just don't turn back on, the audio still works , i can still control my computer, but the screens are black and the LED keeps...
  3. How do I stop "Real-time protection" for turning back on automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop "Real-time protection" for turning back on automatically?: Hi, this thing is causing constant stutter for me when playing games so I always turn it off when I start up a game to avoid the stutter, the thing is it turns itself back on after a while which results in the stutter returning. I have two monitors, I had my main monitor with...
  4. Suddenly cannot click on anything and the back button seems to be automatically pressed as well

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suddenly cannot click on anything and the back button seems to be automatically pressed as well: Hello there, I've been having this issue for a while now but it's kind of intermittent. I have no idea how I got rid of it temporarily but was just doing virus scans and a couple of other fixes that I found online but it sadly didn't work. It always happens...
  5. Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop monitor doesn't turn back on after automatically turning off due to power settings.: One of the laptops I have has been having this issue for a long time. I've had it for about 2 years now and it wasn't doing it when I first bought it, at least, not to my knowledge as it was plugged in almost every time that I use it. I know that it's not good for the battery...
  6. Power plans automatically reverts back after each plug in-out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power plans automatically reverts back after each plug in-out: Hello. Recently I've been struggling with an odd issue. I unplug, use balanced mode. everything is fine until i plug it in again. Suddenly it reverts back to high performance again, while using battery. P.S: I use Nitro-sense appIn built app for Nitro laptops , which i think...
  7. Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back: Greetings, We are seeing some weird issues with Windows 10 1903. We have installed the latest wifi adpater to resolve an issue with the older driver on the device. After several days we notive the driver is reverting rolling back to the old driver and our users start...
  8. Google Photos can now automatically back up pictures from Canon camera

in Windows 10 News
    Google Photos can now automatically back up pictures from Canon camera: Photos often represent our most important memories—from everyday moments to the biggest events in our lives—and it should be easy for you to access them in Google Photos and beyond. Since launching our Google Photos partner program two years ago,...
  9. My mouse automatically reverts back to center of my dual display when I navigate from one...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse automatically reverts back to center of my dual display when I navigate from one...: I didn't face this issue before one week, it was working perfectly. This doesn't happen in my local machine, this happens only When I take remote desktop of my office machine. Check the below gif. This is really making my wfh life hell. How to fix this ? [ATTACH]...
  10. Screen automatically changing from normal to high contrast mode and back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen automatically changing from normal to high contrast mode and back: Hi guys! My laptop screen is automatically changing from normal to high contrast mode and back. Keyboard is also not responding for certain time. I have reinstalled the windows but problem is still there. Help me guys....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not backing up