Windows 10: Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Discus and support Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Machtyn, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Machtyn Win User

Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions)

Okay, I'm having an interesting issue. A desktop that was upgraded from Windows 7 64bit to Windows 10 64bit using the normal upgrade path. I forgot to uninstall my internet security software (Comodo) so I had to fight the "no wifi after upgrade" issue. I got that resolved by following the steps others have found.

However, now my wifi is not saving the password nor is it remembering the "Connect Automatically" settings. That is, I uncheck the box for all other available connections, (even the one I want to automatically connect to eventually), but after reboot, the box is checked again.

Solutions I've tried.
    1. Uninstall the wifi adapter in Device Manager. Unplug device. Reboot to Windows 10 desktop. Plug adapter back into the USB slot. Setup wifi connection with automatically connect checked. Reboot and no automatic connection.
    2. In Manage WiFi Settings, remove any "known networks" from the list. The Forget button is not available in the popup list from the tasktray. Reboot. Reset. Reboot and no automatic connection.

Are there any other tricks I may try that I've missed in my search?

:)

Machtyn, Feb 12, 2016
  2. gunnarmey Win User

Can't connect to Microsoft account after reset to 8.1

I've reset my Lumia 930 from Windows 10 to 8.1. Afterwards it is not possible to connect to my Microsoft account again (yes, it has connection to the internet). I've read several posts with the same issue, but nobody posted the solution, if there is one.

So to everybody who has the same issue: is there a solution for this and if so, what is the solution?

Thanks

Gunnar

gunnarmey, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Can't connect to a wifi network, it shows the available ones, but it gets the exclamation on the tray icon

Original Title: Can't connect to wifi

I can't connect to a wifi network, it shows the available ones, but it gets the exclamation on the tray icon.

I've already tried the drivers for w7, 8 and 10,besides other possible solutions that I've read on the Internet, nothing works.

My laptop is a Asus n61 jq.

Thanks in advance.

SérgioLeitão, Feb 12, 2016
  4. Machtyn Win User

I had not noticed, but the Edimax Wireless Utility was installed. I could not find an uninstaller for it, so I quit the application, renamed its application folder (C:\Program Files(x86)\edimax.old), rebooted and the wifi came alive and connected properly.

Machtyn, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not automatically connecting (I've read other solutions) - Similar Threads - automatically connecting I've

2. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  3. Windows reading some DVDs, not others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reading some DVDs, not others: Trying to watch DVD movies on my laptop and some of them are viewable while others aren't. The ones that do not work just say "Please insert a disc and it seems that it's 50/50. Nothing else is wrong. Do I need special software or drivers?My Laptop is a Lenovo V570. The DVD...
  4. Windows Automatic Repair loop solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Automatic Repair loop solution: After changing processor core number to 12 from msconfig in Windows without entering bios got endless loop with entering Automatic Repair in result. I can't enter Windows or msconfig at all nor with safe mode neither with recovery. Also reseting doesn't help. Is it solvable?...
  5. Windows Automatic Repair loop solution

Windows Automatic Repair loop solution: After changing processor core number to 12 from msconfig in Windows without entering bios got endless loop with entering Automatic Repair in result. I can't enter Windows or msconfig at all nor with safe mode neither with recovery. Also reseting doesn't help. Is it solvable?...
  6. Windows Automatic Repair loop solution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My PC can't find 5ghz signals and i've tried other solutions

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC can't find 5ghz signals and i've tried other solutions: So i searched this up and the internet tells me to go to device manager and then click wireless network and see it's advanced properties and find the 810.11n or some code like that. the problem my advanced settings has nothing like this code, it just has these stuff like...
  8. Think I've found the solution to 'can't read JPEGS from Tablets in Win10'

Think I've found the solution to 'can't read JPEGS from Tablets in Win10': Dear Everyone. Found a great long thread here, and similar in other places, about not being able to open .JPGs in Windows from Lenovo Tablets. Couldn't do it myself either, that's why I came here, then the penny dropped. I'm betting all the people who couldn't do it...
  9. [Solution] How to delete other file on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Solution] How to delete other file on Windows 10: i Solved other file hidden file storage on windows 10 issue as per below image Download https://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free Run as administration-select C drive Locate -$GetCurrent-right clickdelete this folder & solved the issue for me [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 Wifi not automatically connecting after restart (Solution)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wifi not automatically connecting after restart (Solution): Hi there! For a very long time now, I had this persistent issue that my wifi would never automatically reconnect to my router after a restart, or cold bootup. I had to manually click on my wifi and reconnect it every time after a restart, or I had to disable wifi and enable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. comodo automatic repair endless loop