Windows 10: Windows 10 not automatically connecting to WiFi after 1909 update

Discus and support Windows 10 not automatically connecting to WiFi after 1909 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is anyone else seeing this problem? After updating to 1909 build of Windows 10, my laptop does not automatically connect to WiFi. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Waldy, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Waldy Win User

Windows 10 not automatically connecting to WiFi after 1909 update

Is anyone else seeing this problem? After updating to 1909 build of Windows 10, my laptop does not automatically connect to WiFi. I have tried selecting forget on both the 2.4 and 5G connections and reconnecting them with the Connect automatically when in range option set to On. Every time I restart the laptop it does not connect. It connects if I select a connection manually and if I run the troubleshooter, it says problem fixed and it connects after the adapter reset.

:)

Waldy, Nov 30, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 30, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not automatically connecting to WiFi after 1909 update - Similar Threads - automatically connecting WiFi

2. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  3. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  4. Windows 10 Wifi does not connect automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wifi does not connect automatically: The wifi is connecting for the first minute and then since the internet has not loaded yet. The "Action Required" message appears when the modem is fully connected to the Internet again. I have no problem with this modem with smartphones. Only this Windows 10 laptop gives up...
  5. WiFi not connecting automatically on start up after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi not connecting automatically on start up after update: Since the last update W10 will not connect to WiFi automatically. Have to manually connect.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-not-connecting-automatically-on-start-up/ebb556ec-f29b-4336-8b23-6889ebca6979
  6. WiFi won’t connect automatically after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi won’t connect automatically after BIOS update: I recently did a BIOS update because I was putting in a new processor, but after I put in the new processor and did the BIOS update, my PC won't automatically connect to the WiFi. Can anyone help. Another thing to note, I'm using a PCI WiFi card if that matters. Things I've...
  7. Windows 10 1909 WIFI connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1909 WIFI connection issue: I had an issue with my hp aio 20-c304l . Windows version is 1909 b 18363.1139 It was intermittently disconnected from my HOME WIFI. later I discovered it disconnets after few minutes but now it cannot connect at all. 1- I did reinstallation (very clean install) 2- I did...
  8. Wifi Not Automatically Connecting

Wifi Not Automatically Connecting: Hi, I recently installed windows10 pro 64-bit edition on my wifes laptop (legally) with authentic key. I've already updated the driver for her wifi adapter, upon startup most of the time it fails to automatically connect to our wifi signal. When it does it shows the the...
  9. Windows 10 Wifi not automatically connecting after restart (Solution)

Windows 10 Wifi not automatically connecting after restart (Solution): Hi there! For a very long time now, I had this persistent issue that my wifi would never automatically reconnect to my router after a restart, or cold bootup. I had to manually click on my wifi and reconnect it every time after a restart, or I had to disable wifi and enable...
  10. WiFi not automatically connecting on startup after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WiFi not automatically connecting on startup after Windows 10 update: Today I received yet another Windows 10 update and now my WiFi (Wireless) does not connect automatically on start up despite my configuration says 'automatically connect'....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1909 network drive does not re-connect on sign in

2. Windows 10 1909 wifi automatically connect

3. wifi does not connect automaticly after 1909 update win 10

4. windows 10 1909 wifi not connecting,
  5. problems with 1909 windows update wifi,
  6. windows 1909 not connecting to wifi after update,
  7. windows 1909 not connecting thru wifi dongle after updating