Windows 10: windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

Discus and support windows 10 not backing up to hard drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba hard drive. I can manually copy files to it; it appears on the File Manager as an F drive. Despite trying a number of steps, I cannot... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WhoknowsWH, Apr 21, 2019.

1. windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

I have a Toshiba hard drive. I can manually copy files to it; it appears on the File Manager as an F drive. Despite trying a number of steps, I cannot get Windows to back up to the drive. I can manually copy and paste files from the PC to the HD and that works. The 'Back Up' settings on control panel are set to back up to the hard drive and when I press back up it appears to run smoothly and eventually says backup is is finished but there are no new files on the HD. I have set File History to this drive but again this does not result in it backing up to the HD. There is a current update to my File History. It must be somewhere on my C drive; when I search for it, a current version comes up. I can open the files but there is nothing under 'properties' except the word 'preview' so I cannot trace it's location - except that no update appears on my HD.

I've turned system protection on and off but this makes no difference.

Can anyone help me? Many thanks

:)

WhoknowsWH, Apr 21, 2019
  2. little cat, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

1. windows 10 not backing up to hard drive - Similar Threads - backing hard drive

2. Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.: Does anyone know how I can back up my important information like my edited photos from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop as well as my important files to OneDrive and my external hard drive at the same time automatically? OneDrive already automatically backs up. But I don't want...
  3. Connecting a Segate Back-up + external hard drive USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting a Segate Back-up + external hard drive USB: when I connect the device to a usb port I get the error "unknown usb device (driver error)" I have tried to resolve the issue in device manager by installing the device and then scanning for hardware changes. This did not work. I checked Segates web site for a driver update...
  4. Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...: Please advise how I can replace the hard drive. I would back up the contents to a flash drive in the USB port, follow instructions in the manual to remove and replace the hard drive, reinstall,...
  5. backing up my pc to external hard drive

backing up my pc to external hard drive: I want to back up my PC to an external hard drive, can you advise how I do it easily or manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backing-up-my-pc-to-external-hard-drive/67268df7-b95b-46be-8afd-8d2d85f87e24
  6. Backing up one drive files to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up one drive files to external hard drive: For added security I like to back up my one drive files to an external hard drive. This may seem unnecessary but I like to have my files on my pc hard drive, the one drive cloud and another external hard drive. This is been working until recently when the backup app does not...
  7. windows 10 will not recognize my back up hard drive

windows 10 will not recognize my back up hard drive: the device manager shows it as a usb to ata bridge but will not let me access the files on it. It worked just fine in windows7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-will-not-recognize-my-back-up-hard/119631e1-a5c4-4742-aa3d-328d12bbed5f
  8. Backing up from Windows 10 to a Touro MX3 external hard drive

Backing up from Windows 10 to a Touro MX3 external hard drive: Trying to back up from Windows 10 to a Touro MX3 external hard drive; it worked with Windows 8 but it isn't "talking" to Win 10, even after somehow stumbling on the "Format" facility and re-formatting the Touro from Win10. Is there a "place" on the settings menu -or...
  9. How watch videos backed up to hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How watch videos backed up to hard drive?: Hi folks the absolute IMO 100% easiest way for watching videos or listening to music from HDD is simply to install KODI - it will play things that VLC won't even do at times. Also KODI works on phones, tablets etc too. If you have an amazon fire TV stick you can...
  10. Backing up to a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to a external hard drive: After reading about ransomware etc. it got me wondering about backing up my information to an external hard drive. It would serve double duty in the event of a drive failure or the unlikely event of ransom ware. I've never used an external drive for backup so I have a few...