Windows 10: windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

Discus and support windows 10 not backing up to hard drive in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a Toshiba hard drive. I can manually copy files to it; it appears on the File Manager as an F drive. Despite trying a number of steps, I cannot... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WhoknowsWH, Apr 21, 2019.

1. windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

I have a Toshiba hard drive. I can manually copy files to it; it appears on the File Manager as an F drive. Despite trying a number of steps, I cannot get Windows to back up to the drive. I can manually copy and paste files from the PC to the HD and that works. The 'Back Up' settings on control panel are set to back up to the hard drive and when I press back up it appears to run smoothly and eventually says backup is is finished but there are no new files on the HD. I have set File History to this drive but again this does not result in it backing up to the HD. There is a current update to my File History. It must be somewhere on my C drive; when I search for it, a current version comes up. I can open the files but there is nothing under 'properties' except the word 'preview' so I cannot trace it's location - except that no update appears on my HD.

I've turned system protection on and off but this makes no difference.

Can anyone help me? Many thanks

:)

WhoknowsWH, Apr 21, 2019
  2. little cat, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 not backing up to hard drive

1. windows 10 not backing up to hard drive - Similar Threads - backing hard drive

2. Back up of a hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back up of a hard drive: Hello Community; I have a Dell desktop PC with windows 10 Home operating system.SCENERO : I had a dell PC, the hard drive DIED and I lost a lot of files etc. which I don't want to happen again, so the only thing I could do was to buy a new pc and set it up. Now for my...
  3. Back up of a hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back up of a hard drive: Hello Community; I have a Dell desktop PC with windows 10 Home operating system.SCENERO : I had a dell PC, the hard drive DIED and I lost a lot of files etc. which I don't want to happen again, so the only thing I could do was to buy a new pc and set it up. Now for my...
  4. Back up of a hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No Windows back up to external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Windows back up to external hard drive?: I just downloaded Windows 11. I thought I would hate it but it is actually quite nice! I use an external hard drive for my back up and do not want to use OneDrive but even though I have read several instructions on how, my page does not have all that the others do? All I have...
  6. No Windows back up to external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Windows back up to external hard drive?: I just downloaded Windows 11. I thought I would hate it but it is actually quite nice! I use an external hard drive for my back up and do not want to use OneDrive but even though I have read several instructions on how, my page does not have all that the others do? All I have...
  7. external hard drive not backing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not backing up: every time i press back up it does its backing up thingy then it says you havent backed up your drive ive tried 3 times and many different things online please help me i need to fix it before wensday cause they gonna take my computer and fix it and they might need to wipe it...
  8. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  9. back up hard drive

back up hard drive: I have two hard drives. My back up program selected one of the hard drives for backing up. How can I change so that my second hard drive is the one that my backup program uses?...
  10. Backing up to a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to a external hard drive: After reading about ransomware etc. it got me wondering about backing up my information to an external hard drive. It would serve double duty in the event of a drive failure or the unlikely event of ransom ware. I've never used an external drive for backup so I have a few...