Windows 10: Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account

Discus and support Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just created a new local account on windows 10 and things are not behaving nicely. Everything works fine when I switch back to my administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Burhanuddin Sh Zohair, May 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account

I just created a new local account on windows 10 and things are not behaving nicely. Everything works fine when I switch back to my administrator account but in the new one they stop working. Here are some of the things I noticed, it seems like all windows apps are having some issues, and not my personal ones1&nb

:)

Burhanuddin Sh Zohair, May 23, 2021

2. New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, May 23, 2021
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 23, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account :(

Zakin, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account

1. Windows 10 not behaving properly after making new local account - Similar Threads - behaving properly making

2. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it also makes the right joystick go up, then when you go right it makes the right...
  3. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller joystick doesn't behave properly: I have two controllers, a ps4 and Nintendo switch controller.. the ps4 left joystick flat out doesn't work and Nintendo switch controller is weirder. Left joystick works but when you go left it also makes the right joystick go up, then when you go right it makes the right...
  4. Controller joystick doesn't behave properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to make Norton behave so other programs can work, properly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make Norton behave so other programs can work, properly?: The expiration of Norton has now arrived, and I do not want to renew at this time. And, Im wondering if anyone knows if it possible to disable Norton through defender. Otherwise I'll have to format It's just a little break!! .', and that will mean a huge loss productivity...
  6. Win 11 - Making It Behave

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Making It Behave: After days of fiddling with this I might be getting somewhere. I found a Registry hack* to put the File Explorer requisites where they are in Win 10 seems that this Registry is based on Win 10. and "Block" in the right place effects a change. The Taskbar is now more like it...
  7. Win 11 - Making It Behave

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - Making It Behave: After days of fiddling with this I might be getting somewhere. I found a Registry hack* to put the File Explorer requisites where they are in Win 10 seems that this Registry is based on Win 10. and "Block" in the right place effects a change. The Taskbar is now more like it...
  8. Apps not behaving properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps not behaving properly: Hi, I would like to address a problem currently affecting my PC.When I booted up my PC this morning, my keyboard acted weird and my G102 mouse started flashing red. Not long after booting, I launched a few apps which took very long to launch and all of those apps I launched...
  9. Hidden files not behaving properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden files not behaving properly: Until yesterday, when I went to a given file's properties and clicked on the Hidden checkbox, the file would remain in its folder but be grayed out. This was the normal and correct behaviour and I've taken advantage of that for many years. Yesterday, the behaviour changed:...
  10. Properly localize Windows/Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Properly localize Windows/Microsoft account: I am having troubles properly localizing my Microsoft account/Windows 10. I currently have several devices (inluding my laptop, a surface go and a couple android devices) all associated with a Microsoft account which I own since a very long time. This accont was created...