Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting. Account password is incorrect when trying to troubleshoot when the...

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting. Account password is incorrect when trying to troubleshoot when the... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Randomly yesterday after no changes to my ASUS RoG Strix, i turned it on and the screen remained black. Eventually i got an error message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicholasHaverilla, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not booting. Account password is incorrect when trying to troubleshoot when the...

Randomly yesterday after no changes to my ASUS RoG Strix, i turned it on and the screen remained black. Eventually i got an error message saying Windows 10 did not boot. When i try to troubleshoot, whenever it asks for my account password, the password says its incorrect when it is definitely correct. I can log in successfuly on other devices.

Since the password is not working I cant do anything to try and troubleshoot the issue.

:)

NicholasHaverilla, Jan 23, 2021
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

3. Error: "Incorrect password" while trying to log-in after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Melinda,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system with incorrect password error. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I
    get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Also, if you are referring to Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer to the below link about: Why can't you sign in?
    and try to reset the password.

Try to reset your account password from the website, enter the same on your computer and check if it helps.

You may refer to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us (Contact Answer Desk) for the support team you wish to contact for further
    assistance.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of unlocking the device of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 not booting. Account password is incorrect when trying to troubleshoot when the...

Incorrect error message: wrong password

Here are some things you can try:

Power on and off your computer three times

On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment

Click Advanced Options

Click Troubleshoot

Click Reset this PC

Click Keep my files

Choose your account

Enter your password

Click Continue

Click Reset

Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not booting. Account password is incorrect when trying to troubleshoot when the...

1. Windows 10 not booting. Account password is incorrect when trying to troubleshoot when the... - Similar Threads - booting Account password

2. When im trying to troubleshoot my windows 10 it says "Enter the password of this account"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When im trying to troubleshoot my windows 10 it says "Enter the password of this account"...: its been 14 hours now and i still can't log in on my computer because of the password thing wont pop up and when i try to do troubleshooting on my computer it says incorrect password please help ASAP Thank You!!!...
  3. When im trying to troubleshoot my windows 10 it says "Enter the password of this account"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When im trying to troubleshoot my windows 10 it says "Enter the password of this account"...: its been 14 hours now and i still can't log in on my computer because of the password thing wont pop up and when i try to do troubleshooting on my computer it says incorrect password please help ASAP Thank You!!!...
  4. When im trying to troubleshoot my windows 10 it says "Enter the password of this account"...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings: I am running on Windows 10 Pro and I want to log in to my Microsoft account from the Windows settings by clicking Sign In on the profile at the top of the settings. I manage to connect with my password but then the following message shows up :"Next time you sign in to this...
  6. Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings: I am running on Windows 10 Pro and I want to log in to my Microsoft account from the Windows settings by clicking Sign In on the profile at the top of the settings. I manage to connect with my password but then the following message shows up :"Next time you sign in to this...
  7. Incorrect password message when trying to log in to Microsoft account in Windows settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Incorrect password message when trying to access advanced option at boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect password message when trying to access advanced option at boot up: Hey everyone. This is my first time ever asking a question about tech support. But I’m having extreme difficulty to find any help via online or through customer service.Here’s my issue,My computer ran into an issue yesterday and I made the wrong choice to force shutdown. Next...
  9. Password incorrect - No admin user when trying to troubleshoot start up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password incorrect - No admin user when trying to troubleshoot start up: I was on my computer in the morning. I had a hit to my Comcast and then my computer was black. I did a hard shut down and powered it back up once Comcast was back up. When I enter the password it tells me it is incorrect. I tried a restart holding shift and then tried to...
  10. Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in: Hi guys! I have a very weird problem which I'll try to summarize as clearly as possible. I have upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade option. Back then I was using the old hotmail account password. Since it was converted to a Microsoft account, Windows says...