Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting after a registry key was deleted accidentally. Tried reset PC and...

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting after a registry key was deleted accidentally. Tried reset PC and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After going through a solution posted onilne (given bellow), i endended up getting the following message "You need to sign in as an administrator to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RupeshR K, Apr 16, 2019.

1. RupeshR K Win User

Windows 10 not booting after a registry key was deleted accidentally. Tried reset PC and...

After going through a solution posted onilne (given bellow), i endended up getting the following message "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC" though my pc has an admin account. Right now my pc boots up with Automatic Repair and shows me the same message. The forgot your password only restarts the pc. Please help, i'am a student and need my laptop almost everyday for my college.

:)

RupeshR K, Apr 16, 2019
  2. trodas Win User

Macromedia Flash registry keys non deletable?

Hello, friends.
    On friend machine I made the mistake of installing the Adobe Macromedia Flash, instead of just depacking the installer and copy over the relevant files in Firefox plugins. As result, there are several non-deletable (regeditor refuse to delete them, CCleaner did not delete them as well) registry entries:

Windows 10 not booting after a registry key was deleted accidentally. Tried reset PC and... 2ebv0d2_th.gif

Both from Flash 9b and 10b versions as you can see in the image. Since regedit refuse the delete the keys AND CCleaner also refuse to delete them, I tried even the Registry Booster, yet this one did not even list them as error. If that is significant, I don't know. I just want them to "go away" and don't know how.
    Thinking about Windows PE boot, but not sure if that is safe and if that will allow well me to manipulate with registry... Is not there any other way? There is NOTHING from the flash files in Windows directory at all. All are removed/deleted. I stick with the
    flashplayer.xpt
    NPSWF32.dll
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
    files extracted from the install and put in Firefox / Plugins, so I will not ever install that crap again. Never did on my machine and no problemo. But in case someone do, is there a known way to fix this? Using the Adobe utility to clean up is NOT the way to do...
    Also installing new version did not seems to fix a thing.

trodas, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Windows registry accidentally deleted

Hi Osi,

We acknowledge that you're experiencing an issue regarding the registry and it is possible to restore a deleted registry if you have a system restore point which can take you back to an earlier point before the issue occurred. We would suggest checking the
    post of J W Stuart from this
    thread
    to see the steps that you can follow in restoring from a system restore point.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 16, 2019
  4. asyntax Win User

Windows 10 not booting after a registry key was deleted accidentally. Tried reset PC and...

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not booting after a registry key was deleted accidentally. Tried reset PC and... - Similar Threads - booting registry key

2. I accidentally deleted a registry key to open "folder".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted a registry key to open "folder".: I accidentally deleted a registry key in "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command" that's used to open a folder when you double click on it. Now when i click on a folder it redirects to the home folder %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe. I do not have a back-up of my registry.I...
  3. Accidental registry deletion.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental registry deletion.: I accidentally deleted the highlighted file in the registry editior and now everything isn't working properly, please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidental-registry-deletion/792891b7-a7c6-4164-a0a2-cad33dbf3dd3
  4. Accidental registry deletion.

Accidental registry deletion.: I accidentally deleted the highlighted file in the registry editior and now everything isn't working properly, please help me ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidental-registry-deletion/792891b7-a7c6-4164-a0a2-cad33dbf3dd3
  5. Accidental registry deletion.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Missing registry keys after resetting PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing registry keys after resetting PC?: Hello everyone!Recently I did a clean Windows 10 Home install from USB flash drive, and when I used "winver" command in PowerShell, my MS account e-mail was the only one licensed to use this product. However, after few days I had to reset my PC, using the Windows Recovery in...
  7. Missing registry keys after resetting PC?

Missing registry keys after resetting PC?: Hello everyone!Recently I did a clean Windows 10 Home install from USB flash drive, and when I used "winver" command in PowerShell, my MS account e-mail was the only one licensed to use this product. However, after few days I had to reset my PC, using the Windows Recovery in...
  8. Missing registry keys after resetting PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Accidentally changed Registry. PC not booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally changed Registry. PC not booting: Accidentally, i have changed the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE--->SYSTEM--->SETUP--->SetupType value from 0 to 3. Now, PC not booting. Only HP logo is loading again and again....
  10. Accidentally deleted a registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Accidentally deleted a registry: Hi... I accidentally deleted my "NoClose" policy from registry when i was trying to modify. Please tell me how can i get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-deleted-a-registry/1baf2d1c-3bf2-4081-bd1f-7ec19013c519