Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting after an itune update

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting after an itune update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Try's to do the start up repair but fails. Best I can do is open the command prompt, which when I ask for the c drive (c:\) comes up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobbyWilson, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not booting after an itune update

Try's to do the start up repair but fails. Best I can do is open the command prompt, which when I ask for the c drive (c:\) comes up with x:\windows\system32

Has done this ones before and I had to take the PC to a repair shop.

:)

RobbyWilson, Sep 4, 2018

2. itune update not installing

Hi Narayan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to update the iTunes. We will help you.

• Are you trying to update the iTunes from the application or from the Windows updates?
    Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: Perform a clean boot
    and check updating the application.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you
    run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Step 2: Try uninstalling the Apple iTunes and reinstall
    it and check updating the application.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Programs and features.
    • Select the Apple iTunes, Right click uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and reinstall the application and
      check for updates.
    If these steps doesn't help, Download the latest version of iTunes from the Apple site and check if it helps.

Refer: Apple iTunes download

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2018
  3. how to unistall then reinstall itunes in Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to try uninstall iTunes from the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps to uninstall iTunes:

• Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Select iTunes and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.
    Step 2:

I suggest you to install iTunes in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the iTunes and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the iTunes install and then check the functionality.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Windows 10 not booting after an itune update

Itunes Update

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• What happens when you try to update iTunes?
    I would suggest you to uninstall iTunes and re-install the latest version from the Apple Support website.

Note: Kindly save iTunes files before uninstalling it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not booting after an itune update

1. Windows 10 not booting after an itune update - Similar Threads - booting itune update

2. Windows 10 wants to update iTunes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 wants to update iTunes: Each time Windows 10 starts a modern UI box opens telling me iTunes is being updated. iTunes itself starts as normal and does not report that it needs updating. Microsoft Store does not indicate that an update is outstandingWhy is this message coming up?...
  3. Windows 10 wants to update iTunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 wants to update iTunes: Each time Windows 10 starts a modern UI box opens telling me iTunes is being updated. iTunes itself starts as normal and does not report that it needs updating. Microsoft Store does not indicate that an update is outstandingWhy is this message coming up?...
  4. Windows 10 wants to update iTunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 will not boot after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not boot after update: I am having an issue in which after a Windows update installs and restarts, the screen will go blue and state Windows is having a problem.In the windows boot options, repair and attempting to uninstall updates fails. I can start in safe mode or from an earlier OS save state...
  6. Windows 10 will not boot after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not boot after update: I am having an issue in which after a Windows update installs and restarts, the screen will go blue and state Windows is having a problem.In the windows boot options, repair and attempting to uninstall updates fails. I can start in safe mode or from an earlier OS save state...
  7. Windows 10 will not boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. iTunes Won't Open After Windows 10 Update

iTunes Won't Open After Windows 10 Update: I just recently updated Windows 10 now iTunes won't open. I tried a system restore and even tried uninstalling iTunes but it wouldn't uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-wont-open-after-windows-10-update/02bd1282-5922-4fd6-afa1-cb9691106ffe
  9. itunes not recognizing device after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    itunes not recognizing device after update: I just updated my iTunes through the Microsoft app store and now I am getting an error message within iTunes that says "Driver not installed, iTunes is waiting for Windows Update to install the driver for this iPhone. You may need to the Windows Settings app to check for...
  10. iTune Error after Win 10 update 1809

iTune Error after Win 10 update 1809: [ATTACH] After updating Win 10 to 1809, iTunes no longer loads with this error message. Any solutions? Not long lectures as though I have a PhD in Computer Programming!...