Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting - install log location?

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting - install log location? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop suddenly stopped booting, following my iphone. It booted up normally at first, with all the autostart(mostly win32) apps launched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4004, Apr 9, 2019.

1. 4004 Win User

Windows 10 not booting - install log location?

My Windows 10 laptop suddenly stopped booting, following my iphone.
    It booted up normally at first, with all the autostart(mostly win32) apps launched working ok, however Forza Horizon (a modern app) wouldn’t start (splash screen and crash to desktop). I restarted, and wasn’t able to get it to boot since.

All of the options in WinPE (apart from the reinstall) were tried. Update rollback didn’t work. sfc found no issues, DISM didn't work in PE. Start up repair didn’t work. Safe mode won't boot either. Couldn’t find the ntbtlog after enabling boot logging, so presume that didn't work either. System restore didn’t work (0x80070026, failed to extract directory - renaming WindowsApps did not fix).

I’ve recently installed iTunes 11 (win32) instead of the one from MS Store, as well as libusb and a minor update to a driver checker. System Restore also shows an update (25.0->26.0) for an update (KB4023057) - not sure if it affects anything.
    Could anyone advise what other ways there are to check the boot/install log from WinPE so I can try to diagnose what's the cause?
    Did I miss any options (apart from a reinstall) in my process to fix booting?
    If I reset (keeping personal files), can I re-import Windows.old (Appdata, Prog Files etc) and a registry backup to restore previously installed software?

:)

4004, Apr 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 9, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not booting - install log location? - Similar Threads - booting install log

2. Windows 10 installed Location

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 installed Location: Hi Everyone, I am going to install a new SSD on my laptop and I was thinking about changing the installation location of my Windows 10. When I did purchase my laptop, I had it with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. But now, I am just wondering whether I can reinstall Windows 10...
  3. Adobe Virus Log file location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adobe Virus Log file location: C:\windows\system32\catroot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Adobe-Flash-For-Windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384 C:\Windows\System32\catroot2\dberr.txt C:\Windows\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames\9f3925df7991d401439c000040079008.atmfd.dll...
  4. How to change install location of windows 10 apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change install location of windows 10 apps?: Hi guys, I can only save it to 1 place which is D:\ but I want to save it in D:\Program Files (x86). Every time I move the folder or rename it, it makes another. Is there a way around this? Help me asap.......
  5. No log file locations in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    No log file locations in Event Viewer: I opened Win 10's Event Viewer (first as myself, second as Administrator) and tried to create a Custom View. I chose reporting By Log, but when I clicked on the drop-down menu for log locations, none were listed. What gives?...
  6. Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode: Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me because I’m on the verge of Insanity. I have a Windows PC, with the Intel 2600 K processor, a Geforce GTX 580, 16 GB ram and 1 TB hard drive. I’ve had the same computer since 2011, filled with many personal files videos and...
  7. How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Boot Log in Windows 10: [IMG] Booting the computer system involves loading an operating system from the various boot devices like drivers, network, and USB drives when the computer is switched on. Once the startup sequence finishes loading the operating system, the system hardware will be [...]...
  8. Windows Boot-up security & Logging

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Boot-up security & Logging: I'm trying to research into more ways of locking company devices down. From the worst case if they were ever stolen it would be hard for your average Jo to access anything and general access on day to day usage/privacy. Currently using Bitlocker 256 on all HDD's. Few...
  9. Where are the logs for a full drive format located?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the logs for a full drive format located?: I just ran a full format of a new 2tb hdd. The full format is supposed to scan for bad sectors. So how do I know the results? The format ended after 6 hours but gave zero notifications afterwards. Where can I see the results of the format/health of the new drive? The only...
  10. Log of who's querying location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Log of who's querying location?: Anyone know where to find the log of who's querying, how often etc? 61486