Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting, only displaying hp logo

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting, only displaying hp logo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. My Windows 10 machine is not booting. I switch on the computer, the hp logo is displayed then disappears. I can access the bios and checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CatHat, Jul 11, 2016.

1. CatHat Win User

Windows 10 not booting, only displaying hp logo

Hi. My Windows 10 machine is not booting. I switch on the computer, the hp logo is displayed then disappears. I can access the bios and checked the boot sequence is correct. Any ideas what to do next? This is really frustrating, any help would be great.

:)

CatHat, Jul 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 screen blank on initial start up

I have an HP laptop which never had any issues until I upgraded the OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When I start the laptop the screen displays the HP logo but then goes black. If I unplug the power it will display the screen but this turns off as soon
    as the power cord is plugged back in. The only way around this is by restarting the laptop and when it comes back on the screen displays as normal. Is there any reason for this and how do I get it to boot up with a display every time whether on battery or
    power?

Dave_Barclay, Jul 11, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Black HP logo on startup is missing!!! Windows 10 not booting, only displaying hp logo :(

Hi Rohan, did you reinstall Windows 10 at any stage?

For the OEM logo to appear, Windows 10 must boot in the HP UEFI environment

As long as you did not turn off Secure Boot, if you update your BIOS from the HP website, the HP OEM Logo should return to the Boot Screen . . .

DaveM121, Jul 11, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Jul 12, 2016
  5. CatHat Win User
    Thanks NavyLCDR. I should have used a tool like the one you suggested. Instead I found my windows 8.1 recovery dvds, changed the boot sequence to dvd/cd and started from scratch. Now I'm updating to windows 10.

How does Macrium Reflect differ from using a recovery USB disk? What options does the utility provide that a recovery USB doesn't?

CatHat, Jul 12, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Many people, including myself, have found that Macrium Reflect will fix booting problems that the standard Windows repair process won't fix. Also many people have discovered that Macrium Reflect imaging and restoring is much more reliable and versatile than built-in Windows backup and restore.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not booting, only displaying hp logo - Similar Threads - booting displaying logo

2. Boot Logo Not Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Logo Not Windows Logo: My question is how the company logo comes on the boot screen. Like if I am using a hp laptop, the hp logo comes then the windows logo. Same with like dell, if I use a dell laptop, then the dell logo will come first. So how does it work? What happens if I build a custom pc,...
  3. Boot Logo Not Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Logo Not Windows Logo: My question is how the company logo comes on the boot screen. Like if I am using a hp laptop, the hp logo comes then the windows logo. Same with like dell, if I use a dell laptop, then the dell logo will come first. So how does it work? What happens if I build a custom pc,...
  4. HP LOGO ONLY

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP LOGO ONLY: anyone Please help me.my lap is stuck at hp logo.i am trying to boot from a usb please anyone help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-logo-only/c6e17104-92b3-41be-a2bd-2c9042dd0c19
  5. HP LOGO ONLY

HP LOGO ONLY: Anyone please help me i just booted my lap with bootable usbwin10.its stuck at hp logo.Please help me[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-logo-only/0025c45d-10a7-4d44-bd5d-80f6782fa51c
  6. windows 10 boot logo

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 boot logo: hello, I want to know if it's ok to change the windows 10 logo boot? if it's legally or not. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-boot-logo/72cc4c45-8d2d-4833-ab45-398188262a92"
  7. No windows 10 logo on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    No windows 10 logo on boot: Hey, I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series, recently i removed linux partitions with fedora os, which was installed next to my windows 10. After this I removed the dual boot menu using this tutorial:...
  8. Windows 10 boot with Windows logo instead of HP

Windows 10 boot with Windows logo instead of HP: Hello, this time I have a question with my other computer, which is a HP Elite Slice running the newest version of Windows 10. Nowadays I've seen that the boot screen with the Windows logo looks better than the one that I got, the modified HP logo. Do I have a way for the...
  9. HP boot logo goneee

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP boot logo goneee: I reinstalled my windows from the factory installed windows... that one booted with an hp logo but this one boots with the windows 10 blue logo... I want the hp boot logo back... I need a bootres.dll file with hp boot logo... I have tried editing my current bootres.dll...
  10. Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 won´t boot up, only hp logo shows: hp ProBook 6440b, Win 10 Pro. After removing printern (USB) and DisplayPort/HDMI (via adapter) connections the screen turned black. Trying a reboot only gave a black screen with the hp logo in the center, "Press the ESC key for Startup Menu" in the lower left hand corner and...