Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing...

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Last night I was working on a very important project for my internship application process and windows decided it would be a good time to close... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveWasil, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing...

Hi,

Last night I was working on a very important project for my internship application process and windows decided it would be a good time to close out of everything I was working on and do a "Automatic Update", even thought the first thing I did when I build my computer was turn updates off. I was pissed beyond belief. I got over it and said I would redo it in the morning. I went to sleep and woke up to my computer turning on and off. I did a hard-shutdown, and when I turned it back on it started to boot up with the circle of dots, and then would display this message "Attempting to recover installation..., Undoing changes made to your computer...", 2 seconds after it displayed the message, the computer would shutoff and do the cycle over and over again. I booted into the recovery drive and tried everything it offered. Startup Repair - FAIL. All the Command Prompt commands I looked up - ERROR, Uninstall Updates - ERROR, System Restore - ERROR. I cant seem to reset my computer AT ALL. It just wont work. I created a flash drive with a recovery software and got the important files I needed for my internship and decided to reinstall windows. I made a flash drive with windows 10 and tried reinstalling it onto my SSD drive, and it couldn't rewrite the partition, and if I delete all the partitions, I'd have to rebuy windows 10. Like **** windows. This is bullsh*t.

Any ideas on how to reinstall windows?

:)

SteveWasil, Apr 30, 2020
  2. jjjjswan Win User

Windows 10 attempting to recover installation

Appreciate your assistance.

Have attempted your instructions however the windows logo does not appear at any stage in the loop. The loop goes:-

Option ROM

Dell logo

The pc makes a flickering noise

Attempting to recover

Restoring your previous version

The loop then continues.

I attempted the rebooting with the Dell logo with no effect.

Any more suggestions?

jjjjswan, Apr 30, 2020
  3. undo system restore

Yes in the system restore options there will be an Undo button to go back.

1. If you boot to advanced startup options from within Windows 10, you must be signed in as an administrator to undo a system restore.

2. Click/tap on Troubleshoot.

3. Click/tap on Advanced options.

4. Click/tap on System Restore.

5. If you booted to advanced startup options from your Windows 10 installation media, click/tap on your listed Windows 10 OS, and go to step 7 below.

6. If you booted to advanced startup options from within Windows 10, click/tap on an administrator account you want to provide credentials for.

A) Enter the password for this administrator account, and click/tap on Continue.

7. Click/tap on Next.

8. Select the restore point that has Undo for its "Type", and click/tap on Next.

See if that helps.

MikeSnyder61704, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing...

Windows 10 attempting to recover installation

Hi,

The message "Attempting to recover installation" and "Restoring your previous version of windows" usually happens if the system encountered some corruption. This corruption usually occurs if a specific process of Windows got interrupted
    which causes the system to recover from its previous state.

We suggest booting your computer to Windows Recovery for us to perform a repair. Kindly follow the steps below to perform it:

• While the computer is booting up, turn off the computer when you see the
      Windows logo.
    • Turn it back On, wait for the Windows logo again then turn it Off. (Do it for at least three times.)
    • After the third time, Recovery screen should show up.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Troubleshoot then choose Advance options. (See sample picture below.)

Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing... [​IMG]
    • Under Advanced options, select Automatic Repair/Startup repair.
    • Startup Repair will begin diagnosing the problem, wait for the process to finish then, check if Windows will boot normally.

Let us know the outcome so we can provide further assistance if needed.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing...

1. Windows 10 not booting, restoring, resetting. Attempting to recover installation, undoing... - Similar Threads - booting restoring resetting

2. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail: I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot...
  3. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail: I have a Windows 10 activated hard drive that was credit online from Windows 7.It doesn't boot anymore, and all of the tools that come up during Diagnostics have not fixed the problem. I've gone into the command prompt and followed instructions to fix the m b r and the boot...
  4. Win10 won't boot; all recover/reset attempts fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Attempting to recover Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempting to recover Installation: After downloading recent updates my system started installing update. Then after 2 hour it went into infinite loop saying that "Attempting to recover installations" & "Undoing changes made to your computer". I read a post regarding this issue and it said to go into window...
  6. quick flash of 'attempting to recover installation' then 'undoing changes made to your computer'

quick flash of 'attempting to recover installation' then 'undoing changes made to your computer': Advised to update the Windows 10 software and it has crashed the computer. Reviewed previous recommendations and managed to get to the Bios settings, ran the tests which confirmed all ok with machine, opted to restore factory settings but same issue. When switching on the...
  7. Infinite loop attempting to restore installation, undoing changes+ microsoft account...

Infinite loop attempting to restore installation, undoing changes+ microsoft account...: So i left my laptop today and when i returned it got stuck in this weird infinite restarting loop i have an hp pavilion where it quickly flashes something like "attempting to restore installation, undoing changes..." I tried to fix the issue with system recovery pressing f11...
  8. Windows 10 attempting to recover update then undoing changes then restart and loops again

Windows 10 attempting to recover update then undoing changes then restart and loops again: Windows 10 attempting to recover update then undoing changes then restart and loops again And again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-attempting-to-recover-update-then/de7d84bc-49d7-467b-a3ce-9b739991c38f
  9. My windows laptop struck " Attempting to recover installation " and " undoing changes made...

My windows laptop struck " Attempting to recover installation " and " undoing changes made...: Initially I did not shutdown my laptop... After some time I opened my laptop....Then there is a message like attempting to recover installation and undoing changes made to your computer and started restart loop. [ATTACH] To overcome this problem, I tried hard shutdown for...
  10. Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...

Windows boot loop problem ("attempting to recover installation" "restoring your previous...: So I've been having this boot loop problem for two days, lenovo logo shows up and then it says "attempting to recover installation" and then quickly switch to saying "restoring your previous version of windows" and the pc restart again. I've managed to get into windows by...