Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting up after installing android x86

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting up after installing android x86 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey when i tried to boot my desktop with lineage os 14.1 it booted up.i installes that os on 100 gb partition that i created.but right now i want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulMons, Feb 9, 2021.

1. PaulMons Win User

Windows 10 not booting up after installing android x86

Hey when i tried to boot my desktop with lineage os 14.1 it booted up.i installes that os on 100 gb partition that i created.but right now i want to use windows 10 but i am not able to.anyone please help me

:)

PaulMons, Feb 9, 2021
  2. spapakons Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 and Android-x86

Hello!

Excuse me if this is the wrong section, please move to the appropriate section. My colleague has an old netbook and would like to either install Android-x86 on it or dual-boot with Windows. As I am a bit more advanced, I decided to try it myself so I can help him step-by-step.

The first attempt was to install Android-x86 only in a USB Flash drive. So I removed my test-notebook's hard disk (to avoid any accidents) and proceeded with the installation. I won't go into details as this is not the purpose of this post. After some attempts I did it right and could boot into Android-x86.

Then I wanted to go a step further and dual-boot with Windows. My Colleague is going to use Windows 7, but I had already installed Windows 10 Pro 32-bit on my test-notebook and wouldn't want to format and install 7. Besides, how different it could be using Windows 10? So I loaded Computer Management, then Disk Manager and shrank the Windows partition by about 10GB to make room for the Android-x86 installation. To identify the space easily within Android-x86 Setup, I even created a new simple volume and formatted it as FAT32 and labeled it Android. Within Android-x86 installation there were no partition names, only sizes in KB, but I managed to identify the correct partition and install Android there. When asked I also installed the Grub boot loader to be able to boot into Android and added an entry for Windows. After reboot I expected to boot into Grub and see selections about Andoid-x86 and Windows. But instead I booted into Windows 10! So I thought to use EasyBCD to add a boot entry for Android. Using the Metro interface made no difference and the computer booted into Windows 10 again without giving me any choice. I then loaded EasyBCD again and this time I disabled the Metro interface, so I had the old good Windows 7 (legacy) boot loader. I could see the entry for Android but I could not boot into that. I tried to add a boot entry with Grub (legacy) connected to the Android partition without any success. Then I tried all other available partitions, naturally nothing again. Once I tried to add a Grub2 entry but all I got was an empty list without boot entries, so I saw a Grub command prompt. I know nothing of Grub, so I cannot use this command prompt to boot into Android-x86.

Is anyone familiar with Grub and EasyBCD to tell me what to do? If that helps, in Windows Disk Manager I see 4 partitions and Android is installed in the third partition which is formatted as ext4. In Android Setup I see more partitions (weird) and the Android partition is sda5. Android-x86 was 6.0 RC1 Marshmallow, but I don't think that matters.

Thank you in advance...

spapakons, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Windows boot option gone after installing Android x86 Dual boot

I recently installed Android x86 and it booted fine at first but after restarting the computer it wouldn't let me boot into Android x86 or Windows 10 the Android 86 option is still there but it says no such device really I'm not worried about the Android
    I want to be able to boot back into Windows 10

Is there a way I can factory reset the computer without being in a boot function or if anyone can help me move back into Windows 10 please help

JORDANMOSIER, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Jumper234 Win User

Dual boot Windows 10 and Android-x86

HEY THERE, can you help to find a solution for low resolution 480x320 and color problem after booting android x86 from grub2win bootmanager with standard settings ,and why after completing the installation i cant found "android x86" ,REMARK im using android x86 last version ,the only solution what i can do is reinstalling android x86 and clicking "run android x86" and thank you

Jumper234, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not booting up after installing android x86 - Similar Threads - booting installing android

2. Delete Android-x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Android-x86: Hello guys!Today without your help, my PC will become a piece of ****.A few months ago, I installed Android-x86 on my harddrive.But then, I wanted to delete it. So first I had to install Windows. For that, I downloaded Windows 7 ISO and created a bootable usb using...
  3. Delete Android-x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete Android-x86: Hello guys!Today without your help, my PC will become a piece of ****.A few months ago, I installed Android-x86 on my harddrive.But then, I wanted to delete it. So first I had to install Windows. For that, I downloaded Windows 7 ISO and created a bootable usb using...
  4. Error After Installing Android x86.org 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error After Installing Android x86.org 0xc0000428: I had experimented.Regrets.I was having a feeling to dual boot android with windows. I went to install android x86 on my Laptop.Specs:Toshiba Portege M930 It's a touchscreenCpu: Intel R Core i5-2450m x64, but OS 32-bitGpu/Igpu: Intel HD Graphics 3000 pretty sure V1Ram: 4GB of...
  5. Error After Installing Android x86.org 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error After Installing Android x86.org 0xc0000428: I had experimented.Regrets.I was having a feeling to dual boot android with windows. I went to install android x86 on my Laptop.Specs:Toshiba Portege M930 It's a touchscreenCpu: Intel R Core i5-2450m x64, but OS 32-bitGpu/Igpu: Intel HD Graphics 3000 pretty sure V1Ram: 4GB of...
  6. Error After Installing Android x86.org 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. HOW TO INSTALL Android x86 and Dual Boot with Windows 10 on ANY PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HOW TO INSTALL Android x86 and Dual Boot with Windows 10 on ANY PC: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gromish1995 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn225j/how_to_install_android_x86_and_dual_boot_with/
  8. Windows 10 not booting up after installing android x86

Windows 10 not booting up after installing android x86: Hey when i tried to boot my desktop with lineage os 14.1 it booted up.i installes that os on 100 gb partition that i created.but right now i want to use windows 10 but i am not able to.anyone please help me...
  9. grub2win (Windows 10 and Android x86) configuration confusion

grub2win (Windows 10 and Android x86) configuration confusion: So I got grub2win working with my current setup, and I did find one topic relating to grub2win and android x86, but im still confused on some steps the version of android x86 I got is android-x86_64-8.1-rc1, and I have 2 HDD's (one for win10, the 2nd is for whatever else),...
  10. Dual boot Windows 10 and Android-x86

Dual boot Windows 10 and Android-x86: Hello! Excuse me if this is the wrong section, please move to the appropriate section. My colleague has an old netbook and would like to either install Android-x86 on it or dual-boot with Windows. As I am a bit more advanced, I decided to try it myself so I can help him...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no boot entry for android x86 after installing on partition

2. how can I install windows 10 after androidx86 cant boot

3. android x86 no boot windows

4. Android x86 issue,
  5. androidx86 not install windows,
  6. Android installed on a drive but not booting