Windows 10: Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor. I have tried a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ali Reza Topiwala, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor.

I have tried a bunch of things but to no avail.

I don't have any peripherals attached.

Everything was working fine until the last shut down, all drivers were working fine.

System restore did not work, startup repair did not work, I don't have a recovery drive, it will not boot into safe mode of any kind - safe mode boot does the exact same thing, that is, black screen with cursor only now in lower resolution.

I have also done a system reset which also did not work, the situation is the same.

If my hard disk is on it's way out, I think I would've got some error but all works until just before the sign in, after which it's all just black with a cursor.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Laptop in question: Asus G551JM

Was originally Windows 8.1 and now is 10, upgrade was done a while back.

:)

Ali Reza Topiwala, Dec 27, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 27, 2018
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

1. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - booting Black screen

2. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.: Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again...
  3. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.: Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again...
  4. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen: Hello today I was using my computer today and when I restarted it the screen goes black and has a cursor after the windows boot screen. I've tried to get into task manager, but it wont show up. I tried pressing control alt delete and nothing shows up. Going to the BIOS screen...
  6. Windows 10: Failing to boot up, reaches black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Failing to boot up, reaches black screen with cursor: On my first time logging into Windows yesterday, I could tell there were issues with my PC. Google chrome uninstalled itself, discord failed to update after loading. Both programs failed to uninstall when attempted on ccleaner. I chose then to restart my computer massive...
  7. PC boots up into a black screen with cursor

PC boots up into a black screen with cursor: I recently began having problems booting up. The pc starts up on a black screen where nothing works except win+p. I also got another error saying that the boot partition is missing. Is there a way of fixing this without losing any data?...
  8. display has black screen with cursor on boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display has black screen with cursor on boot up: When I boot up my Dell Inspiron Desktop, the display works fine on initial start up, but goes to black screen when loading up. It only displays the cursor. I have to shut it off, then power it back up with a restart in order for the display to work. Everything else works fine...
  9. Booting to black screen with cursor

Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  10. Windows boots to black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen, no cursor: Windows 10 Prof x64 Sager Laptop, i7 NVidia 980M<br /><br /> This morning I resumed my computer back from sleep and different programs started hanging. So, I decided to restart. I restarted my computer and it stayed on the restart screen for ages, like 30 minutes. So I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cursor but not booting

2. windows 10 black screen not booting up

3. cursor working but laptop not booting

4. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor