Windows 10: Windows 10 not connecting to internet at first

Discus and support Windows 10 not connecting to internet at first in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The OS of my 6-year-old Lenovo 64 bit desktop was changed just from Windows 7 to 10, but now it will not connect to the internet on the initial boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joelham, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Joelham Win User

Windows 10 not connecting to internet at first

The OS of my 6-year-old Lenovo 64 bit desktop was changed just from Windows 7 to 10, but now it will not connect to the internet on the initial boot up. It does connect, though, after the computer is restarted. The initial start-up happens very quickly, but the restart takes much longer. Is there any fix to have the computer connect initially? This was never a problem with Windows 7. Thank you

:)

Joelham, Aug 3, 2019

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Aug 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Aug 3, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Did you run the Windows 10 connection troubleshooter?

Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Also, check in the "Device Manager" to see if the network adapter is ok.
    You may need to un-install it and then "Scan for new devices".

This is published by HP; however, it gives some good info on troubleshooting with the device manager.
    HP PCs - Device Manager Information (Windows 10, 8)

95Viper, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not connecting to internet at first - Similar Threads - connecting internet

2. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  3. No internet connection through ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet connection through ethernet: Please can you help me fix my ethernet not working. My WIFI works fine. My ethernet connection says 'Unidentified network' and 'No internet access'. I was having trouble with it and yesterday I managed to get it to work somehow but today it won't work like usual. The new...
  4. Laptop don’t have Wi-Fi button to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop don’t have Wi-Fi button to connect to internet: The Wi-Fi button is missing on my computer. I am not able to connect to the Internet at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dont-have-wi-fi-button-to-connect-to/e1d38c98-1833-43c8-aba8-0fdeb83cb133
  5. Laptop don’t have Wi-Fi button to connect to internet

Laptop don’t have Wi-Fi button to connect to internet: The Wi-Fi button is missing on my computer. I am not able to connect to the Internet at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-dont-have-wi-fi-button-to-connect-to/e1d38c98-1833-43c8-aba8-0fdeb83cb133
  6. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  7. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  8. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  9. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  10. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...