Windows 10: Windows 10 not correctly recognizing printer

Discus and support Windows 10 not correctly recognizing printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then, my PaperPort scanner software cannot function with my Canon PIXMA MX472 all-in-one using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GDSnyder21, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not correctly recognizing printer

Recently I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since then, my PaperPort scanner software cannot function with my Canon PIXMA MX472 all-in-one using the USB TWAIN connection required to use the scanner software interface. I updated the Kofax scanner software with no success, so I removed printer using the Devices and Printers interface , updated the printer drivers, and tried to re-install. Windows 10 misidentified the Canon all-in-one as an Epson all-in-one, and required me to indicate my printer was not found. Windows 10 found a Canon MX472 fax, Canon MX472 printer, and Canon MX472 XPS printer in its list of updated drivers, but neither printer driver worked. When I checked the driver status for the Canon MX470 series imaging devices using Device Manager, I find this :

Device USB\VID_04A9&PID_1774&MI_00\6&1139b859&3&0000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_05DA&PID_30D8\5&2D41F132&0&4

Class Guid: {6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF122

Present: false

The printer function is working with no problems, and support calls to Kofax and Canon traced the problem to Windows not properly installing the necessary drivers for the scanner to communicate with PaperPort using TWAIN. I am able to use the scanner using WIA connections, but the user interface is much clunkier than the PaperPort user interface.

Has anyone else had a similar issue and found how to fix it?

Thanks.

:)

GDSnyder21, Mar 14, 2021

2. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Error: Printer is not recognized on Windows 10

Hi Julie,

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted printer drivers.

Let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter

Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the printer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 not correctly recognizing printer

Windows 10 will not recognize printer

Hi,

What is the make and model of your printer?

Check these methods below:

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Method: 2 Set default Printer

I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select device manager.
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer)

Did you download the printer driver for Windows 10?

Method 3: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the printer drivers from your printer manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

You can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not correctly recognizing printer

1. Windows 10 not correctly recognizing printer - Similar Threads - correctly recognizing printer

2. numpad not recognized correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    numpad not recognized correctly: im tryna do some soundboard stuff but everytime i bind a numpad key to a sound instead of something like numpad1,2,3,etc its like end,down,next,home,pageup etc what going on...
  3. numpad not recognized correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    numpad not recognized correctly: im tryna do some soundboard stuff but everytime i bind a numpad key to a sound instead of something like numpad1,2,3,etc its like end,down,next,home,pageup etc what going on...
  4. correct password not recognized

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    correct password not recognized: win 10 wont recognize my correct password. I cant get past the opening screen. tried all the fixes i saw on line. nothing works. Not a tech guy and need the computer. frustrated. Any fixes microsoft???...
  5. Can’t get windows 10 to recognize headset correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t get windows 10 to recognize headset correctly: The headset is a xiberia with a usb and a single audio jack. I have two computers. One with two jacks in the front and is more of a gaming computer and another with one jack that’s a standard dell. On the dell it’s plug and play. I can just plug it in and listen and speak...
  6. HDD Not being recognized correctly by Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Not being recognized correctly by Windows: Hello, I've been having a very weird problem recently. I have a notebook with a 250gb M2 SSD as my main Windows disk, with a 500gb HDD for other files. So, on monday last week october 19 I sent my notebook to repair a a small part of the hinges. On thursday I got it back,...
  7. Network printer not recognized in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network printer not recognized in Windows 10: I have two Windows 10 workstations and a Canon Pixma printer on my home network. One workstation can detect the printer and the other cannot (although it did until about a week ago). Why would this be happening? I am 99% sure it is not the printer settings, but an OS...
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing printer

Windows 10 not recognizing printer: Hi, Bought a new Acer computer with windows 10 that will not recognize my Canon MF4150 printer. Old computer had 10 on it and printer worked fine. I've added new drivers, and done everything I could find for advise but nothing works. Canon's website says the printer...
  9. Printer not recognized

Printer not recognized: How do I install an old printer on a new Windows 10 ThinkPad? The printer is an HP LaserJet 2200. Windows can't find it, even when I tell it to search for an older printer....
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing network printers

Windows 10 not recognizing network printers: This is the problem: whenever I bring my laptop computer turned on (sleep mode or totally on) into my office, automatically detecting my workgroup at the office and connecting to it, and send a document to print, windows sends the message saying that the printer is offline,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xC0000719 epson