Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Dectecting PS4 Controller at all

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Dectecting PS4 Controller at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after several hours on reading forum posts I have not found anyone with my problem specifically or how to fix it. I recently got a new computer and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KrisSarynti, May 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Not Dectecting PS4 Controller at all

So after several hours on reading forum posts I have not found anyone with my problem specifically or how to fix it. I recently got a new computer and wanted to use a Dual Shock ps4 controller on it to play games. However, it seems windows isn't even detecting the controller in the first place. When going into Device manager "HID Wireless Controller" doesn't show up no matter which usb port the controller is plugged into.

I've tested the usb ports and they work fine with flash drives and mice, so I don't think they're the problem. I tried resetting the controller and that didn't work. I troubleshot hardware and devices, nothing. I read in some posts that you need to do an advanced troubleshoot but I don't get that option any where that I can find. I restarted my pc several times over these series of events and still nothing.

The controller works fine on my old pc and on my ps4. Any fixes I've seen online I can't even do the first step because it doesn't show up in my devices to begin with. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

KrisSarynti, May 8, 2019

2. ps4 controler

can i connect my ps4 controler to laptop win 10

danielfraser1, May 8, 2019
  3. I can't pair my ps4 controller since 1703 update

Hi Irvin,

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing with your PS4 controller:

• Is your PS4 controller compatible with the updated Windows 10?
    • Have you tried using a different controller and still got the same result?
    • Have you also tried connecting a different Bluetooth device and still failed to work?
    • Are you receiving an error message when trying to connect your PS4 controller? If yes, what is the error message you're receiving?

Meanwhile, make sure that your drivers are updated. If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
    link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

Can you create another administrator account and observe if the
    issue persists while using that new administrator account?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Regards.

Michelle Her, May 8, 2019
  4. Irvin22 Win User

Windows 10 Not Dectecting PS4 Controller at all

I can't pair my ps4 controller since 1703 update

• Is your PS4 controller compatible with the updated Windows 10?
    I don't know, but before the update everything is working fine.

• Have you tried using a different controller and still got the same result?
    No.

• Have you also tried connecting a different Bluetooth device and still failed to work?
    No.

• Are you receiving an error message when trying to connect your PS4 controller? If yes, what is the error message you're receiving?
    None. I don't receive any error message. When I plugged the bluetooth to my pc then try to pair my controller the light will blink and stays on a solid color (that means it was connected) then after a seconds the light will turn off
    and my controller will not work but when I look into settings in bluetooth device it shows that my controller is still connected but it's not working.

Irvin22, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Dectecting PS4 Controller at all

1. Windows 10 Not Dectecting PS4 Controller at all - Similar Threads - Dectecting PS4 Controller

2. ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ps4 controller: Hello.My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not workSteam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller. And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio deviceeven tho I disabled it and later...
  3. ps4 controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ps4 controller: Hello.My PS4 controller is being identified as an audio device. I have disabled it, but it still does not workSteam does not recognize it as a ps4 controller. And everytime I reconnect it, it goes back to being identified as an audio deviceeven tho I disabled it and later...
  4. PS4 Controller on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller on Windows 10: Hello everyone,I am trying to use my PS4 Controller on Windows. When I plug it into any USB interface, the usual device connected sound is audible and the Controller appears in the Windows Settings in the category devices as "Wireless Controller", which is odd, because I...
  5. PS4 Controller on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller on Windows 10: Hello everyone,I am trying to use my PS4 Controller on Windows. When I plug it into any USB interface, the usual device connected sound is audible and the Controller appears in the Windows Settings in the category devices as "Wireless Controller", which is odd, because I...
  6. PS4 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 controller: Hi I’ve just bought a PS4 controller and I’ve connected it to my laptop wirelessly it come with a blue light bot no input and I also tried wired but a yellow fading light came on and no input however I tried it on my other laptop and I works perfectly fine what do I do?...
  7. ps4 controller

ps4 controller: did you sort it out with ps4 controller for pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-controller/459772a8-5058-4753-b5ad-33a86a7a34a1
  8. PS4 controller

PS4 controller: When I connect my controller to the pc via Bluetooth, the pc detects it but other programs like Ds4Windows don't. When I connect it via USB the controller turns the orangish light of charging but the pc doesn't detect it either. I also can't find the HID compillant game...
  9. PS4 Controller

PS4 Controller: My ps4 controllers have seemingly just stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them back, but it only shows up after I restart my computer as having the same problem as the last time: driver error. I have googled the...
  10. ps4 control to windows 10

ps4 control to windows 10: Is possible to use a ps4 control to play in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-control-to-windows-10/b4f9a124-9f26-4fdb-bfe2-c08780043919

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ds4 not found in devices

2. ds4 on windows phone

3. windows 10 does not detect ps4 controller

4. dual shock 4 not detected properly windows 10,
  5. win 10 not detecting ps4 controller bluetooth,
  6. Windows Phone does not find my PS4 controller