Windows 10: Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor setup. I have 2 AOC e2252V monitors that would work fine on Windows 7. I have all updated drivers. I've checked the internet for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kendeg, Dec 10, 2015.

1. kendeg Win User

Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor

I have a dual monitor setup. I have 2 AOC e2252V monitors that would work fine on Windows 7. I have all updated drivers. I've checked the internet for multiple solutions but everyone's problem seemed to be that they didnt extend their displays. My problem is that both windows 10 and my graphics card are not detecting it. They are both connected to the DVI-D connections on my MSI R9 390 graphics card (installed with the latest drivers from 11/30/2015 on the MSI website.) One monitor is hooked up from VGA through a DVI-D adapter to connect to my graphics card. I assumed this wasn't the problem because I did the same thing on my previous card where it worked just fine. I checked to see if one of my DVI-D connections were faulty on the card, but my one monitor hooked up directly through a DVI-D cable (no adapter) works on both of them. If I hook up my TV through HDMI connection, it will detect my TV. I wonder if this is a problem with Windows 10, MSI R9 390, or the adapter. If anyone has a solution or advice, that would be greatly appreciated.
    These are pictures of some of what I'm talking about.
    Imgur [1]
    2 X DVI-D Digital Dual Link male 24+1 to VGA HD15 female Converter Adapter New 100003844974 | eBay[2] This is a link to the adapter I am using. VGA from the monitor, connected to this adapter, into the graphics card.

:)

kendeg, Dec 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 update not detecting my 2nd moniter

I had just downloaded the windows 10 update, before both my laptop, and my 2nd monitor via HDMI was working, after the update however, Windows 10 doesn't detect the 2nd monitor, But my monitor detects its plugged into my laptop. Any help is appreciated
    Im going to try restarting my laptop real quick though ill update this if it works

joseph blain, Dec 10, 2015
  3. 2nd monitor not being detected

Received a software update for windows 10. Upon restart my 2nd monitor was no longer working. Went to the display section in Settings and it is not being detected. Pushed the detect button and nothing. How do I get this back. My 2nd monitor is more
    important than any new things in the update.

TomKlein28, Dec 10, 2015
  4. Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor

Have you tried just one monitor using the adapter? That way if it works you have eliminated the adapter as the problem.

Commodore Pet, Dec 10, 2015
  5. kendeg Win User
    Tried using the monitor with the adapter by itself in both ports, still didn't work. Restarted both times. I forgot to mention in the original post that every time I go to all control panel items->troubleshooting->view all->hardware and devices it always tells me that I have to restart my computer to correctly install drivers and updates. Imgur

kendeg, Dec 10, 2015
  6. I went on the MSI website and they mention that to get the latest drivers go to the AMD website.

Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor [​IMG]

I would suggest you go to the AMD site and get the latest driver. Uninstall your current driver and install the new one. It is worth a try.

Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor [​IMG]

Commodore Pet, Dec 12, 2015
  7. Commodore Pet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor

1. Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor - Similar Threads - detecting 2nd monitor

2. AMD Radeon error - to detect the 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon error - to detect the 2nd monitor: Hi. I've just updated from 8.1 to Win 10. I saw a notification about AMD Radeon doesn't work with Win 10. In the device manager, the AMD Radeon driver is having trouble. I've tried to uninstall it and update, but it doesn't work. I saw other people's trouble, so I went...
  3. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  4. 2nd monitor

2nd monitor: with windows 10 , can,t setup second monitor w/hdmi cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/3e3c12e4-18e5-473a-a791-fc5bc512acbd
  5. 2nd monitor not detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2nd monitor not detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...
  6. 2ND MONITOR

2ND MONITOR: Hi, I just purchased a brand new Dell 3G laptop and a Dell D3100 docking device. I am trying to synch my Samsung 42" tv with my laptop with extended screens. I have it set up and I can see my extended screens on both devices but my mouse won't cross over from my TV to my...
  7. 2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10

2nd monitor using DVI-D to VGA won't detect on Windows 10: I have windows 10 now and I wanted to use multiple monitors, I have both connected to my GeForce GTX 1080 Ti one through HDMI (This one works fine) and I have one running through a DVI-D to VGA adapter which connects to my other monitor and it doesn't work. I've tried...
  8. Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update

Windows 10 - 2nd monitor not detected after update: I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 and Office 365. Just completed the latest update (1803) and now it will not detect the 2nd monitor. I have tried rebooting, running the Troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices - nothing. I have tried connecting the 2nd monitor direct...
  9. Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor but it did before.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 not detecting 2nd monitor but it did before.: I have a new Lenovo AIO that came with Windows 10. From the start, it successfully detected a second monitor connected by HDMI. Yesterday I disconnected the second monitor in order to move to a new location. Now Windows is not detecting the second monitor. I've disconnected...
  10. No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No signal,didn't detect 2nd monitor: Monitor says "No signal", Display Setting on PC say "didn't detect another display"... Nvidia Gforce GTX 970 card all drivers up to date DVI-D to VGA cord is new and plugged in tightly at both ends 78672