Windows 10: Windows 10 not detecting 5.1 setup

Discus and support Windows 10 not detecting 5.1 setup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought a new 5.1 soundbar, I use this for my audio for my pc. I have hdmi running form my radeon 5700 to a LG 43UM7300PUA TV. I then use arc to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grumpy Wolf, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not detecting 5.1 setup

I just bought a new 5.1 soundbar, I use this for my audio for my pc. I have hdmi running form my radeon 5700 to a LG 43UM7300PUA TV. I then use arc to run sound from hdmi 2 on the tv to the soundbar. I've messed with every setting possible on the tv, nothing changes what windows detects in sound setttings. Always just stereo when I try to configue speakers. I usually just run sound from the pc to soundbar then out to the tv/monitor, but in this case there is only 1 hdmi port on the soundbar. Is there any way to make this work or should I just return it and look for something else with 2 hdmi ports?

:)

Grumpy Wolf, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Get the six core CPU's I listed, at 3.3Ghz per core they will more than handle any calculations you throw at them for years to come, and with matching RAM in tri channel you will have a very strong setup.

My only other suggestion is a full RAID card like the one I listed with SSD's (in RAID 1)for the OS and programs, and then a RAID 5 array for backup and any large files on the board with a offsite final backup

Steevo, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 21, 2020
  4. georgetok Win User

Windows 10 not detecting 5.1 setup

Is it possible to easily setup Raid-1 on this system ?

Thank you so much.

Dell system I am buying as a back has Xeon E5645 2.2 GHz & 12 GB ECC RAM

They don't offer Xeon W3680 that you suggested

So would that be good enough ?

Thanks

georgetok, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not detecting 5.1 setup

1. Windows 10 not detecting 5.1 setup - Similar Threads - detecting setup

2. PNP Detected Fatal Error - Windows Update Intel - System - 8.3.10209.6897

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PNP Detected Fatal Error - Windows Update Intel - System - 8.3.10209.6897: Hello, Still new to the forum so please tell me if this post is in the wrong place. I work in the IT department of my company and starting yesterday 10/22/20, we're had three users to date get BSODs with the error code PNP Detected Fatal Error. I've been able to get each...
  3. Windows doesn't detect my Corsair headset's microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows doesn't detect my Corsair headset's microphone: I recently bought a new headset, Corsair HS35 but the microphone doesn't work. I've tried all the basic things, it's plugged in, unmuted and everything. The computer doesn't seem to detect the microphone at all. The earphones work perfectly. I have Asus ROG G750JX...
  4. Recent Trojan Detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recent Trojan Detection: I was recently notified that windows defender caught 7 trojan threats. Has anybody seen this before or have any experience with this specific detection? Six of the threats showed the following info: Detected: Trojan:O97M/Mountsi.D!ml Affected Items: amsi:...
  5. Windows update troubleshooter detects a problem

Windows update troubleshooter detects a problem: I am currently using windows 10 Home 2004 version and whenever I run the troubleshooter it detects something which is described below: IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates IsPostback: False WaasMedicService Issue found by: EnableUUPsScanPlugin IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates...
  6. BSOD then restart then automatically opens BIOS Setup without detecting my SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD then restart then automatically opens BIOS Setup without detecting my SSD: So Im having this kind of issue... I have both an SSD system file and HDD . One time, I was playing an offline game and my laptop goes BSOD and goes restart. After that, it automatically opens BIOS. In the BIOS, it cannot detect my SSD so I can't quit the BIOS set-up and boot...
  7. Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDE9DE.tmp\SQL Server...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDE9DE.tmp\SQL Server...: I keep getting this error when attempting to install a program. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-has-detected-that-the-file/1913f5c4-92d4-4314-94a7-9f4504d842b7
  8. Setup has detected an incompatible build .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setup has detected an incompatible build .: Help , first time into computers and i cant play any games due to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setup-has-detected-an-incompatible-build/3cc56631-08c9-468a-aba1-dde43e63cc62
  9. Secure boot violation. Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup. Ok.

Secure boot violation. Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup. Ok.: After shut down and updating I turn on my computer and it started for 10 minutes. I did press shut down botton and that is. There is only bios. Specifications: Notebook Asus Zenbook UX52VS Bios Version 2.15.1226 Copyright 2012 American Megatrends Version 202 GOP Version...
  10. Had Dual-Screen setup, Crashed during Project64, doesn't detect HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Had Dual-Screen setup, Crashed during Project64, doesn't detect HDMI: I have a dual-screen setup, my laptop screen and a monitor hooked up via HDMI. I was opening Project64, a Nintendo 64 emulator for Windows, when my system crashed and forced me to restart. Upon restarting, my computer no longer detects my monitor when I plug in my HDMI cable....