Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Running windows 10. I have a new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro Laptop that has Thunderbolt, Mini-Display, and HDMI outputs. I have two monitors that are HDMI.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mikeycantoon, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors

Running windows 10. I have a new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro Laptop that has Thunderbolt, Mini-Display, and HDMI outputs. I have two monitors that are HDMI. THey are detected if I use the thunderbolt and Mini-display but not through the HDMI. I have tried multiple HDMI cables that work on everything else, my game systems, from BD play to TV, they work. I tried in both HDMI 1 and 2 ports on the back of the monitors. Rebooted both the machine and also started with the monitors off and the computer off, turning on the monitors first and then the computer and also vice verse with no joy. I have removed the Nvidia drivers for my GTX980M and did a fresh install with the latest drivers, still no joy. I started thinking there was a problem with my laptop but then my nephew came out with his laptop that had HDMI out also running windows 10. His laptop also didn't detect either monitors via HDMI. The monitors are find because I plugged them into my BD player and both popped up on all HDMI ports. So It's got to be a Windows 10 issues but after all this troubleshooting, I don't know what else to do. I'm an IT manager so this has got me very frustrated that I haven't been able to figure out the problem so I'm now reaching out for some help.

:)

mikeycantoon, Jun 12, 2016
  2. lucyaimee Win User

HDMI connection between Windows 10 laptop and HP monitor

I have a new Asus zenbook with windows 10. I have just bought and HDMI cable and HP pavilion 22cw monitor so I can work on a larger screen. When I attach the HDMI cable to both, first the monitor scanned and couldn't detect an HDMI cable, and now the
    laptop screen goes black (and the monitor still doing nothing!)

lucyaimee, Jun 12, 2016
  3. RP1011` Win User
    XPS 8500 desktop won't accept 2nd monitor?

I have my 2nd monitor connected to the HDMI output on the desktop and then the DP on the monitor (using an adapter-HDMI to DP) .

I have "extended" monitor in Windows 10 setup and tried to get control panel to detect. It seems to sense something for a sec. but decides not, leaving me with 1 monitor. Help!!!!

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category***

RP1011`, Jun 12, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors

1. Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors - Similar Threads - Detecting HDMI Monitors

2. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  3. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  4. HDMI to monitor

HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  5. HDMI not detecting monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  6. HDMI not detecting monitor

HDMI not detecting monitor: Hi,I am WFH at the moment and have been using my laptop and Dell monitor for a dual screen, it was working fine first thing this morning but Windows then did some form of update and now the monitor is not being detected through the HDMI cable, I tried this with another cable...
  7. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  8. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on: Good evening/morning!, Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game (be it gfx intensive or not) after few minutes, my monitor would tend to die out/turn black as if going on sleep (orange led still lit) and has a...
  9. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on: Good evening/morning!, Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game (be it gfx intensive or not) after few minutes, my monitor would tend to die out/turn black as if going on sleep (orange led still lit) and has a...
  10. HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI not detected/no signal on monitor but whole pc is still on: Good evening/morning!, Today I've experienced something strange happening on my desktop, whenever I start to play/open up a game be it gfx intensive or not after few minutes, my monitor would tend to die out/turn black as if going on sleep orange led still lit and...