Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried everything to fix this and all the suggestions but all did not work until I discovered this. This fixed my issue and I was able to get my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by samfromnewyork, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer

I tried everything to fix this and all the suggestions but all did not work until I discovered this. This fixed my issue and I was able to get my driverless printer for Windows 10 to work. I hope this helps you as well. I appreciate the suggestions and wanted to share this as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXp20niu8vE

:)

samfromnewyork, Feb 27, 2020
  2. keithjr Win User

Windows 10 Driver for HP LaserJet 4

I tried this after doing a clean install of Windows 10. The list of printers that comes up does not include the Laserjet 4 plus which is the printer I am trying to connect via usb. How do I get that to come up?

keithjr, Feb 27, 2020
  3. ahowardaz Win User

for those who have a HP (Hewlett Packard) Laserjet 4 or Laserjet 5M I finally found how to connect up the computer to these great printers when OS is Windows 10. Follow step-by-step. This really works!! I love my old printer:

Win 7 with Win 10, and as others have reported the drivers for my older printer did not load.
    Although it is a HP Laserjet 4 plus, that appars to be not so important, other than the fact that the original cable has been replaced with one with a USB connector for my more modern laptop.

After struggling and Googling for far too much time, here is what worked very well.

--press teh Windows icon in the lower left corner
    --select "settings"
    --select "devices"
    --select "add printers & scanners"
    --select "add a printer"
    -- it probably will scan and deliver a message like "printer ----- isn't listed"
    --click on that message
    --scroll down to "add a local printer"
    --accept "use existing port" then scroll down and select USB001(virtual port for USB)
    --it is possible that if you are using the original cable that the default LPT1 is the correct choice.
    --that will lead to the same list of printer drivers that you would have had with Win 7 (my understanding, or misunderstanding, is that when Win 10 loaded it retained the Win 7 printer drivers, but did not make them particularly accessible.
    --select your printer
    --print a test page
    --all done
    --you may need to make that your default printer

ahowardaz, Feb 27, 2020
  4. CountMike Win User

Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer

There's a line missing in that guide.

Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer [​IMG]

The printer I want is not listed

Clicking on it will bring you to port selection

than

Than it should download all possible drivers from which you can choose. I already di that so can't show you further procedure but here it is on mine.

CountMike, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer

1. Windows 10 Not Detecting HP LaserJet Older Printer - Similar Threads - Detecting LaserJet Older

2. Windows 11 and older HP LaserJet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and older HP LaserJet: Windows 11 dell computer prints Faded color on HP LaserJet 1-- color MFP M175nw . Nothing else wrong with the printer except the change to the new computer. Are they compatible? Or do we need a new printer?...
  3. Windows 11 and older HP LaserJet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and older HP LaserJet: Windows 11 dell computer prints Faded color on HP LaserJet 1-- color MFP M175nw . Nothing else wrong with the printer except the change to the new computer. Are they compatible? Or do we need a new printer?...
  4. HP laserjet 1012 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laserjet 1012 printer: I purchased a new desktop, a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 10 or 11. I can't seem to get my "old" printer to work with it. It shows up in my device settings but won't print a test page. I'm unable to locate drivers for it on Dell's website. Is my printer simply too old for...
  5. HP laserjet 1012 printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP laserjet 1012 printer: I purchased a new desktop, a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 10 or 11. I can't seem to get my "old" printer to work with it. It shows up in my device settings but won't print a test page. I'm unable to locate drivers for it on Dell's website. Is my printer simply too old for...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    older hp printer detected but is offline: I have an older HP printer Photosmart C5180 All in one which I was running with my PC Windows XP I have just upgraded with a new PC running Windows 10. I downloaded and installed from the HP website the latest driver file name: AIO_CDA_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5.exe. When I go...
  7. HP 3390 LaserJet printer

HP 3390 LaserJet printer: I have a problem with my HP 3390 laserjet printer. I connected it to my new Surface laptop but cannot use it. Can you help me with this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-3390-laserjet-printer/a74a2323-12a2-4215-9d0a-5152cc121e18
  8. Installing HP Laserjet 4 printer with Windows 10

Installing HP Laserjet 4 printer with Windows 10: I have been using my HP Laserjet 4 for many, many years and it's still working. I still have a couple of cartridges to use. I can't seem to print from my new Windows 10 laptop to this printer. I understand the driver may no longer be available. If the HP4 works on the old...
  9. Windows 10 PC -- Will Not Detect HP Laserjet P1102 Printer

Windows 10 PC -- Will Not Detect HP Laserjet P1102 Printer: I have just purchased a new Dell PC and plugged in my HP Laserjet P1102 Printer, but the PC will not detect it. I have tried all the options but to no avail. It does not show up on the Printers and Scanners page on Settings. I have downloaded the requisite drivers. The...
  10. hp color laserjet 3600n printer

hp color laserjet 3600n printer: how do i install driver for this printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-color-laserjet-3600n-printer/b5efc1ed-a20f-4990-b6e7-eaf5aec6485c