Windows 10: Windows 10 not detecting mic from headset

Discus and support Windows 10 not detecting mic from headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've just bought a new headset Rig 300HC and my laptop isn't detecting the microphone and is using the default built-in mic. My laptop is Acer Spin 5.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lina Hamid, May 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not detecting mic from headset

I've just bought a new headset Rig 300HC and my laptop isn't detecting the microphone and is using the default built-in mic.

My laptop is Acer Spin 5. The problem isn't a hardware problem since I have tried the headset on other devices and the microphone is working fine.

I've checked the microphone privacy settings and audio devices but the laptop itself isn't detecting the microphone as a device.

:)

Lina Hamid, May 24, 2020
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, May 24, 2020
  3. Headset Mics not detected

Hi Zach,

This issue may have been caused by an outdated driver.

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the headset detected under Device manager?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    Updating your audio jack driver can help. To update driver in Windows 10, refer to this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 24, 2020
  4. jonmoreno Win User

Windows 10 not detecting mic from headset

Headset mic not working

I've had a turtlebeach headset that i used on my win 8.1 mic and headset working fine.

I upgraded to windows 10 and now it doesn't detect the mic, I've visited the recording devices tab, sound tab. It does not want to detect my mic, but it detects the headset. Please help.

jonmoreno, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not detecting mic from headset

1. Windows 10 not detecting mic from headset - Similar Threads - detecting mic headset

2. Headset mic not detected in Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic not detected in Windows 10 and 11: Why is my headset mic not detected but I can hear audio from the headset. My headset uses a 3.5mm jack port. I also tried updating from WIndows 10 to W11...
  3. Headset mic not detected in Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset mic not detected in Windows 10 and 11: Why is my headset mic not detected but I can hear audio from the headset. My headset uses a 3.5mm jack port. I also tried updating from WIndows 10 to W11...
  4. Windows not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not detecting headset mic: I recently bought a new laptop and plugged the headset in and everything worked like a charm. However due to some issues I had to reinstall windows after which I never get the "Which device you plugged in" option nor does windows identify the mic. I tried putting other...
  5. Windows not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting headset mic: I recently bought a new laptop and plugged the headset in and everything worked like a charm. However due to some issues I had to reinstall windows after which I never get the "Which device you plugged in" option nor does windows identify the mic. I tried putting other...
  6. Windows 10 not detecting headset mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not detecting headset mic: Hello,I recently bought a Turtle Beach headset optimized for PC. When I plug it in, it works fine and all, but my laptop doesn't think it has a mic. The mic works and I used it while playing Fortnite. I saw the device name but it was called "{OPTION}". How do I make sure my...
  7. Mic on headset not working/detected on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic on headset not working/detected on Windows 10.: Hello there,I hope someone can help me with this, because I've tried pretty much everything that has been suggested so far. So, first the basics:I have a Trust Como headset with microphone, which came with a 3.5 mm TRRS jack. I have an Acer ES1-521-24WZ laptop that has a...
  8. Windows 10 not detecting headset mic, or any external mic.

Windows 10 not detecting headset mic, or any external mic.: Like the title says I updated my drivers, i have checked disabled and disconnected devices, i tried troubleshooting from the settings. Those are the only solutions i saw on every forum and none have worked...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop Not Detecting Headset Mic

Windows 10 Laptop Not Detecting Headset Mic: Greetings all! I have a Dell Inspiron 1500 Gaming Laptop with Windows 10. I recently bought a Razer Kraken headset so that I could have a better microphone than the internal one. However, when I plug the headset in, it begins sending audio out as normal. But, when I try to...
  10. Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headset Mic

Windows 10 No Longer Detects Headset Mic: So I've been using my gaming headset to chat with my friends for about a year now, and then today when I logged on, the microphone was no longer detected and is defaulting to the built in laptop microphone. I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 running Windows 10 Home Edition,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use bluetooth headset as windows 10 microphone

2. new pc not detecting headset microphone