Windows 10: Windows 10 not detecting sound card properly

Discus and support Windows 10 not detecting sound card properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows 10 OS installed in a Dell Inspiron 14 laptop. In there, Speakers work fine but microphone is not working at all. I tried all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Siddarth Hegde, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not detecting sound card properly

Hi,

I have a windows 10 OS installed in a Dell Inspiron 14 laptop. In there, Speakers work fine but microphone is not working at all. I tried all the troubleshooting, i.e, Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, I even refreshed PC but still Microphone is not detected. It used to work fine when it was in windows 8.1. How to fix this issue?

Regards,

Siddu

:)

Siddarth Hegde, Sep 26, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Card Cannot be found on ACER aspire E5-511P

"sound card cannot be found". Does the Device Manager list it, and with an error? Or is it no listed in the Device Manager?
    If its not listed at all, that suggests the BIOS is not detecting it or there is a BIOS error. Windows will not detect it if the BIOS does not.

You can try a BIOS reset and see if that helps, if its not being detected by the BIOS.

fireberd, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Sound driver is not working properly

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What is the make and model the computer?

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    c. Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.
    d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.
    Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps follows for Windows 10 also)

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 26, 2018
  4. Windows 10 not detecting sound card properly

Sound problems with Windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not detecting sound card properly

1. Windows 10 not detecting sound card properly - Similar Threads - detecting sound card

2. Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected: Hello ,I have a problem with Wifi connection on windows 10 . I don't know why it happened because I used ethernet connection for some months and it must have been some update I did. My computer is a PREDATOR HELIOS 300 and there is not even the wifi logo anymore Everything...
  3. Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected: Hello ,I have a problem with Wifi connection on windows 10 . I don't know why it happened because I used ethernet connection for some months and it must have been some update I did. My computer is a PREDATOR HELIOS 300 and there is not even the wifi logo anymore Everything...
  4. Windows 10 : Wifi card not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 not detecting the wireless card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not detecting the wireless card: Hi Microsoft, I got this fenvi fv 102 ngff to PCIe adapter today, I got an intel AX201 installed correctly, mount it and when I turned my computer on, I installed all the drivers using ethernet and restarted it, nothing happened, windows 10 only shows that I have ethernet on...
  6. Sound card not detected

in Cortana
    Sound card not detected: Hi I cannot see my sound card in the device manager, I have tried to run troubleshoots and placed it in the other machine to confirm if it is working and it appears in the different computer, how to make it be seen in my machine?...
  7. Sound card drive not detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound card drive not detected: Hi, since I updated my Windows 10, the sound card drive has been removed and cannot be identified. Please help, the sound card has been deactivated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-card-drive-not-detected/3e677c93-51d6-43c7-8c07-f77b85ebd026
  8. No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio After Update Sound Card Detection: My HP PC had an update today - after the restart it cannot detect a sound card. I have no audio. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-update-sound-card-detection/f8853bb4-f9cb-473b-ad92-a2342e69efc4
  9. Sound card no longer detected - like, it's gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound card no longer detected - like, it's gone: Hello, I have an old HP desktop from 2012. Obviously, it came with Windows 7, but I took advantage of the free rollout of Windows 10 and upgraded to that when it was available. It has been buggy lately, so I figured it was time to buy a new computer, but when I looked at my...
  10. 2 sound card detected?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 sound card detected?: So lastly (right around when the anniv. update occured) my sound stopped working on my windows 10 tablet, ive researched it on the web for about a week, reinstalled windows, tried to update the driver but nothing is seems to work. The fact that my tablet is an INSIGNIA...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not detecting sound card

2. windows not detecting sound card

3. win 10 not detecting soundcard

4. wndows 10 does not detect sound card,
  5. windows10 mis detecting sound card,
  6. window 10 1809 not detecting audio,
  7. windows 10 speker card update,
  8. bios shows audio card windows 10 does not