Windows 10: Windows 10 not detecting the correct monitor model which does not give me the correct...

Discus and support Windows 10 not detecting the correct monitor model which does not give me the correct... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an AOC AGON AG241QX which is a 2560x1400 144hz monitor. Windows is detecting it as model AG241QG4 at only 120hz. I have an Nvidia 2080 RTX with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MisterB123, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not detecting the correct monitor model which does not give me the correct...

I have an AOC AGON AG241QX which is a 2560x1400 144hz monitor. Windows is detecting it as model AG241QG4 at only 120hz. I have an Nvidia 2080 RTX with the most recent drivers(version 431.36) as of 07/09/2019. I am connected via a display port cable and it did work at one point at 144hz but an update seems to be causing the issue. I have also connected an older Acer GD235hz 1920x1080 120hz monitor via an HDMI and HDMI to DVI cable and it is not being detected properly either by Windows. It's only showing up as a different model and only giving me 60hz. I ran a windows update just now and no driver installed for my monitor as per the AOC support. In the Device manager the monitor is showing up as a generic PnP monitor.

:)

MisterB123, Jul 22, 2019
  2. RWOne Win User

Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, Jul 22, 2019
  3. LoeToe Win User
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture:
    Windows 10 not detecting the correct monitor model which does not give me the correct... [​IMG]

When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my pc recognises the monitor but does not show the correct screen resolution. I have tried everything, from reinstalling the drivers to downloading about 10 apps that claim to change the screen resolution but end up doing completely nothing. Please help me before i shoot myself from fustration. Thanks!!

LoeToe, Jul 22, 2019
  4. MovingUp7 Win User

Windows 10 not detecting the correct monitor model which does not give me the correct...

Windows doesn't have correct resolution for External Monitor

I have an Asus Laptop running windows 10. Just purchased a used HP L2208w monitor. using HDMI to VGA adapter since monitor doesn't have HDMI. I have googled for a couple hours and can't find a solution anywhere.

Laptop monitor, everything is great.

HP monitor is blurry, most likely due to the wrong resolution set by windows, which is 1024 x 768. Monitor recommends 1680 x 1050.
    How do I get windows to let me change the resolution to 1680 x 1050 for the external monitor?

I've Tried:

1. "updating" graphics driver to each of the three drivers on my computer by going into device manager.
    2. I went to HP website and downloaded latest driver for this exact monitor. restarted PC. no change.
    3. Connecting my wife's mac, which recognized and knew it was projecting to external monitor, but the monitor itself turned off, apparently detecting no signal. Couldn't get the mac to actually display on the monitor. Interestingly, in the display settings,
      the mac also didn't find the correct 1680 x 1050 setting and ALSO defaulted to 1024 / 768 (with no option that I could see for the correct resolution).
    4. Various restart and unplug/plug combinations.
    Please help!

MovingUp7, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not detecting the correct monitor model which does not give me the correct...

1. Windows 10 not detecting the correct monitor model which does not give me the correct... - Similar Threads - detecting correct monitor

2. GPU not detected correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not detected correctly: Hello guys, it's me again.I managed to fix my laptop so I could update my windows and it worked. But there's a problem, after a few times of tampering with the drivers, my Linked gpu AMD Radeon HD 8670M series got uninstalled by itself and I couldn't fix it. So I Googled it...
  3. GPU not detected correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not detected correctly: Hello guys, it's me again.I managed to fix my laptop so I could update my windows and it worked. But there's a problem, after a few times of tampering with the drivers, my Linked gpu AMD Radeon HD 8670M series got uninstalled by itself and I couldn't fix it. So I Googled it...
  4. GPU not detected correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brother DCP357C is not detected correctly by Windows 10

Brother DCP357C is not detected correctly by Windows 10: Hello I have Brother DCP357C. When it's plugged in Windows detects it as USB Composite Device. Three weeks ago I reinstalled my system. Since then I didn't use my printer, and just now I have noticed this issue. I also can't install any drivers or software for this...
  6. Which model name is correct?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Which model name is correct?: I was checking out some of my system software and troubleshooting some battery issues on my Lenovo laptop when I decided to check my system model. I first went to the bottom on the laptop and it said that it was 80K3 80K30017US. However, when I opened up my DxDiag DirectX...
  7. Windows 10 not detecting bluetooth earphone correctly

Windows 10 not detecting bluetooth earphone correctly: Hello! I purchased JBL Reflect Contour 2 earphones a few weeks ago, and have since been trying to connect them with my PC but to no avail. My PC has Windows 10 installed on it. When I search for available bluetooth devices, the earphones are detected as "Bluetooth device" as...
  8. Windows 10 not detecting the correct driver SUBSYS

Windows 10 not detecting the correct driver SUBSYS: Windows 10 x64 17134.407 I've a capture card X8502 with the chipset CX23885 that works fine with Windows 7, it stop working after upgrading to Windows 10. Looking in to driver details, looks like Windows 10 is not detecting the SUBSYS correctly. This how Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Calendar will not give correct Reminder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calendar will not give correct Reminder: My newly installed Windows 10 has a Calendar programme which works OK but the Reminder for events will not do so for the One Week which I require every time, only a 12 hour reminder. This is despite my clicking the Save & Close button on exit having set up up the one week....
  10. Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct: i bought a new monitor yesterday (AOC E2270SWHN) and i found that the screen was really stretched out when I connected it to my pc. Here is a picture: [img] When I went into the settings I found that there was no option for 1080x1920 and was very confused. Like I said, my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not detecting correct monitor

2. not detecting correct monitor