Windows 10: Windows 10 not detecting usb dac (Sennheiser gsx1000)

Discus and support Windows 10 not detecting usb dac (Sennheiser gsx1000) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, recently i got a sennheiser gsx 1000 dac. The dac lights up 2 times during boot up but went to sleep mode at the login page. Need to replug the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chrischua309, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not detecting usb dac (Sennheiser gsx1000)

Hi,

recently i got a sennheiser gsx 1000 dac. The dac lights up 2 times during boot up but went to sleep mode at the login page. Need to replug the usb to wake it up. I have reformated my pc;turned off fastboot and power saving of the usbs. Sennheiser has kindly replaced a new dac for me but the issues remain. Further the pc company has sent a technician to take a look at my system and upgraded my psu but to no avail. Would appreciate any advice please.

:)

Chrischua309, Nov 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 problem with USB DAC

I have a USB DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that allows me to play music through my speakers.

It has worked fine for a long while but recently it has started to abruptly stop working randomly (over 10 times per day).

I can get it to work again if I:

• Unplug the DAC from usb and immediately replug it in.
    • Disable and them immediately enable the device in the windows "playback devices" window.

I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia high definition sound drivers
    • Disable USB selective suspend setting (this is a PC not a laptop).
    • Troubleshoot sound problems
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: The device is this one:

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/dacs/ehp-o2di-desktop-headphone-amplifierdac-3/

It is plug and play and I have never installed drivers for it.

lloydchristmas, Nov 19, 2018
  3. B0LTiaX Win User
    Cant select dolby atmos spatial sound with usb dac.

Hi, i have dolby acess (windows 10 creator) and i cant select dolby spatial sound or windows sonic. Im using a dragon fly audioquest + game one sennheiser headset. The thing is: when i plug the headset
    directly to pc 3.5mm i can enable dolby atmos, but when i connect my headset to the usb dac dragonfly audioquest i cant. Any suggestion? Thanks!!

B0LTiaX, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 not detecting usb dac (Sennheiser gsx1000)

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not detecting usb dac (Sennheiser gsx1000)

1. Windows 10 not detecting usb dac (Sennheiser gsx1000) - Similar Threads - detecting usb dac

2. Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC: I have a Geshelli J2 DAC that has worked flawlessly. However, while updating a new monitor's firmware, Windows, for some reason, has stopped recognizing the device altogether. I have restarted the computer multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled device firmware, and used...
  3. Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC: I have a Geshelli J2 DAC that has worked flawlessly. However, while updating a new monitor's firmware, Windows, for some reason, has stopped recognizing the device altogether. I have restarted the computer multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled device firmware, and used...
  4. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized: I have a problem with my Schiit Hel DAC in Windows 10. It does not show up as a device, I can't use it as input nor output. I have tried new cables, different ports, no luck.The device is connected to a tabletop PC, to USB 2.0 ports, as instructed by the manufacturer, on the...
  5. chrome usb dac issues

chrome usb dac issues: hi all, how come when i open chrome the audio with vlc stops? happens only with the usb dac, not with the integrated? Thank you. 180256
  6. usb dac issues

usb dac issues: hi, I recently bought a usb dac, model lusya fever from aliexpress, when connected to the pc vlc stops when listening to mp3 songs and also when restarting the speakers emit a bump. What can it be ? I deactivated the integrated sound card but nothing, with ubuntu live the...
  7. Windows no detect DAC

Windows no detect DAC: This week I purchased a DAC, the "Optoma NuForce uDac-3".This should be plug and play and replace the pc's integrated dac.The problem is thatwindows cannot see it, it supplies power to the dac, but it cannot see it.It is directly connected to the "MSI z370 Gaming Plus"...
  8. usb dac not working overnight

usb dac not working overnight: Just bought myself a all-in-one amplifier with usb dac - Audiolab M-One. I used the usb dac for the audio output from my pc. Installed the driver from its official website and the dac worked fine. Then it happened that the other day it will show "device descriptor...
  9. USB audio output to external DAC

USB audio output to external DAC: Hi There, My USB audio driver is constantly dropping. I tried 100 different approach, nothing worked. Please help. Of course Intel NUC is connected to my Sony TV using HDMI and I wish to output audio via USB to my external DAC. Intel NUC8i5 all hardware driver updated...
  10. Viability of a USB DAC?

Viability of a USB DAC?: Hey guys, any audiophiles in here that can help me out? Anyway, for as long as I can remember i've been dissatisfied with the audio that comes out of my computer(s). (PC and laptop) This doesn't change. I've plugged in anything from cheap apple earbuds to C$400 Bose...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sennheiser gsx 1000 driver installation

2. sennheiser gsx 1000 not powering off at login

3. sennheiser gsx 1000 usb device not recognized

4. windows not playing through sennheiser gsx1000,
  5. gsx 1000 settings not working,
  6. usb senheiser headset not recognised on boot up windows 10,
  7. sennheiser gsx 1000 have to unplug,
  8. game dac not detected on startup,
  9. sennheir gsx1000 usb not being recognized,
  10. USB DAC NEEDS USB UNPLUGGED TO WORK?,
  11. gsx1000 windows 10 problems,