Windows 10: Windows 10 NOT Detecting VGA Display at Boot (so no screen at all)

Discus and support Windows 10 NOT Detecting VGA Display at Boot (so no screen at all) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have kindly been given a newish fully working windows 10 base PC unit for my kids to use for school / college work. However when i connect the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ijudd, Apr 19, 2019.

1. ijudd Win User

Windows 10 NOT Detecting VGA Display at Boot (so no screen at all)

i have kindly been given a newish fully working windows 10 base PC unit for my kids to use for school / college work.

However when i connect the old and fully wirking VGA display to the new windows 10 base pc unit NOTHING is detected so i have no screen or display to be abke to do anything or troubkeshoot anything...

what do i do to firce windows 10 to detect and output to the VGA display ?

:)

ijudd, Apr 19, 2019

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 19, 2019
  3. BeckyCook Win User
    No VGA detected

New PC with Windows 10 pre-installed.

After a week of working fine, I now have no display. I have tried several monitors with no luck. Monitor has message: no VGA detected.

Is there anything I can do while waiting for seller's support tech to reply?

BeckyCook, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 NOT Detecting VGA Display at Boot (so no screen at all)

screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 NOT Detecting VGA Display at Boot (so no screen at all)

1. Windows 10 NOT Detecting VGA Display at Boot (so no screen at all) - Similar Threads - Detecting VGA Display

2. Third display screen detected but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third display screen detected but not working: My boss utilizes his laptop Dell Inspiron 15 with a dock connecting him to his monitor & his TV. He's been using this same set up for the past 2 years, but last week he unplugged his dock & since plugging it back in, he has not been able to get the TV display to work.We...
  3. Windows 10 Not Detecting Multiple USB to VGA Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Not Detecting Multiple USB to VGA Devices: I have a 2019 Acer Predator Helios 300 running windows 10. I need to run three external monitors. I only care about graphics on one monitor, so I'm running a single Acer gaming monitor off the single HDMI port. My other two monitors are Elo touchscreens with VGA only. I have...
  4. Laptop not detecting HDMI or VGA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not detecting HDMI or VGA: Hello everyone, About a week ago I woke up and connected my lenovo thinkpad to my HDMI and all of a sudden, it would not project onto my monitor. I have been displaying for a whole year, and never had a problem. The solutions I found online to delete my drivers and update...
  5. Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings: Hi all, Recently come across an issue at work involving a laptop with 2 attached monitors using extended display. 1 display is frozen on a pdf doc and can't even hover the mouse to that screen. Strange thing is, when i open display settings, this display isn't even...
  6. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  7. External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    External VGA Monitor detected but displays black screen: I'm having a problem with an external VGA monitor connected to my Win10 home PC. When I plug in the monitor (to VGA port), it is detected but the display blinks on and goes black immediately. I have to unplug and re-plug up to 12 times and finally the monitor comes on and...
  8. display so white letters and all

in Windows 10 Customization
    display so white letters and all: my alphabet are so white I darken the screen but it didn't help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-so-white-letters-and-all/25060ea9-7115-41a5-bc97-a306c407db3f
  9. BSOD with External Display VGA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with External Display VGA: Hello, I have been experiencing BSODs when using the VGA out on my laptop, most of it generally happen when the computer goes to sleep, and I wake the computer afterwards. Then it would just show a blank screen until I unplugged the VGA connector and it will BSOD with the...
  10. Can't detect VGA cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't detect VGA cable: Hello, i have a custom built PC and an LG monitor plugged in already for a while with HDMI. Now i got a second monitor (Dell) with VGA cable but Windows 10 says it can't detect the second monitor Any help? - Graphics card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4G - Thanks in...