Windows 10: windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?

Discus and support windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used NetPlWiz to uncheck 'password required' and applied it entering my password, but now it still asks for pin/password and in addition shows a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Supashaka1, Aug 12, 2020.

1. windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?

I used NetPlWiz to uncheck 'password required' and applied it entering my password, but now it still asks for pin/password and in addition shows a second account (with a white background instead of my account pic) but it has the same name, when I select it, it asks me to put in the account name IN ADDITION to the password. I don't get what's going on? Is this my local account vs microsoft account?

Also amd crash defender keeps notifying me it needs to restart the PC even though I've shut down my PC multiple times?

submitted by /u/Supashaka1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Supashaka1, Aug 12, 2020

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 12, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?

Is it possible not to enter the password/PIN at Window startups?

You may have missed a step. After the un-check, click apply, then the next screen will ask for the Pasword twice. Enter and OK. Then OK again. That should do it.

windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup?

1. windows 10 not disabling password/pin on startup? - Similar Threads - disabling password pin

2. I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD STARTUP ON WINDOWS 10!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD STARTUP ON WINDOWS 10!: I TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!! I think the only way left is to change the type of my account to a local account. Why you guys so obsessed to force us to enable the password? Like, I don't understand! PLEASE! HELP!!!!!...
  3. I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD STARTUP ON WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD STARTUP ON WINDOWS 10!: I TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!! I think the only way left is to change the type of my account to a local account. Why you guys so obsessed to force us to enable the password? Like, I don't understand! PLEASE! HELP!!!!!...
  4. I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD ON WINDOWS 10 STARTUP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD ON WINDOWS 10 STARTUP?: I TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!! I think the only way left is to change the type of my account to a local account. Why you guys so obsessed to force us to enable the password? Like, I don't understand! PLEASE! HELP!!!!!...
  5. I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD ON WINDOWS 10 STARTUP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I CAN'T DISABLE PASSWORD ON WINDOWS 10 STARTUP?: I TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! LITERALLY EVERYTHING!!!! I think the only way left is to change the type of my account to a local account. Why you guys so obsessed to force us to enable the password? Like, I don't understand! PLEASE! HELP!!!!!...
  6. password/pin at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password/pin at startup: I had a new hard drive installed in my Windows 10 laptop... now it doesn't ask for the password at startup... I would like that feature back... thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/passwordpin-at-startup/dfc21509-7438-4ca7-ac2c-0bfd1102430b
  7. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?

How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?: Windows specificationsEdition : Win 10 Pro Version : 20H2Installed on : 22/2/2021OS build : 19042.928 Experience : windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0I have windows 10 with configuration as above , I want to disable the password prompt every time I sign in to my...
  8. How to disable Password prompt on Startup in Windows 10?

How to disable Password prompt on Startup in Windows 10?: I know there are tones of similar threads on this forum, but I seem to have not got the same option box of "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." on the netplwiz UI. Any solutions? [ATTACH]...
  9. Disabling the startup password is a pain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling the startup password is a pain: Hi there. Please help me if you can. Or if you wish to relate a similar frustration, let's hear it. Please scroll to "The question/TL;DR" if you don't want details. I have a preference for not using a password or a pin to start Windows. I prefer pressing the power button and...
  10. how to disable password at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable password at startup: Last night I thought I disabled the Login password from the Start menu. When I restarted my computer I didn't have to login. But this morning when I start my computer the Login password box is there again. If anyone knows a way where the Login password is disabled I'd...