Windows 10: Windows 10 not displaying desktop or applications

Discus and support Windows 10 not displaying desktop or applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On a Windows 10 computer, one person can log into their account and everything looks fine. For another person, when they log in, they get a blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by glen95, Dec 18, 2019.

1. glen95 Win User

Windows 10 not displaying desktop or applications

On a Windows 10 computer, one person can log into their account and everything looks fine.

For another person, when they log in, they get a blank screen... no desktop or task bar. When the windows key is pressed, the start menu shows up just fine. After starting some applications, nothing is visible. However, pressing Alt+Tab shows the normal task selector. Using Win+R i can type Explorer and it starts. But nothing is visible on the screen. Pressing Alt+P shows the project options, but changing them doesn't help. Interestingly, when "control panel" is typed into the start menu, it doesn't find the local app and only does a web search.

Any suggestions?

And remember, it works fine for another account, so there is nothing wrong with the computer or the base Windows installation.

:)

glen95, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing Windows Desktop Program for Desktop Application Analytics

Source: Introducing the Windows Desktop Program for Desktop Application Analytics - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not displaying desktop or applications

Windows 10 desktop icons large space

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the screen resolution and check if it helps.

• Right click on Desktop and select “Display Settings”.
    • Under Display settings click on “Advanced Display Settings”.
    • Under resolution select the resolution as ‘1966*1080’ and save the changes.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not displaying desktop or applications

1. Windows 10 not displaying desktop or applications - Similar Threads - displaying desktop applications

2. display issue with Virtual machine via Remote Desktop Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display issue with Virtual machine via Remote Desktop Application: I am facing display problem in remote desktop application. however it works with my credentials for same VM from my colleague's laptop. So need help to check the settings in my laptop....
  3. No Remote Desktop Connection application on WIndows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Remote Desktop Connection application on WIndows 10.: I can't find Remote Desktop Connection on my PC, instead there is a RemoteApp and Desktop Connections application. But this application is different from Remote Desktop Connection in such a way that it only provides conections through Email address or connection URL. I would...
  4. No Remote Desktop Connection application on WIndows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Remote Desktop Connection application on WIndows 10.: I can't find Remote Desktop Connection on my PC, instead there is a RemoteApp and Desktop Connections application. But this application is different from Remote Desktop Connection in such a way that it only provides conections through Email address or connection URL. I would...
  5. Application display in High Resolution Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application display in High Resolution Desktops: Hi there,Is anyone facing the same issue when running an app in high resolution desktop, the display of the app becomes so small that you can hardly make out the words and letters?Is there a way to just change the resolution of the app without changing the actual resolution...
  6. Application display in High Resolution Desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application display in High Resolution Desktops: Hi there,Is anyone facing the same issue when running an app in high resolution desktop, the display of the app becomes so small that you can hardly make out the words and letters?Is there a way to just change the resolution of the app without changing the actual resolution...
  7. windows 10 - no screen display for desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 - no screen display for desktop: My Windows 10 Pro is in a strange state where the splash screen, where you enter your PIN to login, displays, Ctrl-Alt-Del brings up the task manager stuff, but the screen is black otherwise, with only the cursor showing. The cursor moves fine. What could cause Windows to...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop not displaying on television

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Desktop not displaying on television: Hey all! I have a home media system set up that until recently was based around my older laptop and connected via HDMI. I just purchased a new computer today Acer TC-885 and I'm having trouble connecting it to my television. I can connect it to my older Acer moniter via the...
  9. desktop on windows 10 is not displayed

desktop on windows 10 is not displayed: When I open the computer, the desktop is not displayed. Instead the downloads page of google chrome is appearing. That page is not closing. If I click the icon on the right side of the page it is showing my computer window. I am unable to see desktop and taskbar. I am unable...
  10. Windows 10 Desktop: Source Folder for Desktop Display

Windows 10 Desktop: Source Folder for Desktop Display: I have a laptop that is frequently used off-line. There is a single "User" and the "User" has OneDrive personal. the laptop is frequently used for presentations in location with extremely limited or non-existent network connection. Unfortunately the displayed "Desktop"...