Windows 10: Windows 10: "Not Enough Disk Space" - Need Help!

Discus and support Windows 10: "Not Enough Disk Space" - Need Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I am at my ends wit and have absolutely no idea what is going on with my PC. I have Windows 10, and use it for my daily computer (web browsing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anasazigb, May 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10: "Not Enough Disk Space" - Need Help!

So I am at my ends wit and have absolutely no idea what is going on with my PC.

I have Windows 10, and use it for my daily computer (web browsing, occasional photoshop, youtube).

But I literally don't really have anything on my computer...But for the past 4 months, it's been telling me that my C: Drive (110 GB) is almost full. Right now it says I have only 550 mb of space left on my C: Drive.....

• All big files (Photoshop, Adobe, Movies etc... I have saved to an external HDD)
    • I have absolutely NO CLUE what is taking up so much space
    • I even have an additional internal HDD (F: Drive) that has 250 GB of space) but my computer still prompts me every time I turn it on that I have no space left.
    • I went through my C: Drive and clicked Properties on every folder listed there. Upon doing so, the Folder listed "User" had 66 GB taken up. Naturally I thought this a good place to start looking. Upon opening "Users", I clicked every folder in there, and none of them are over even 1.0 GB.....
    • I even tried to do Disk Cleanup for C: Drive, and it scanned and said "You can save 3.34 MB" of space..............like that's going to do me any good.
    • When I open my Storage, it says for C: Drive that "Apps and Games" is taking up 77 GB, but when I open that tab to list the Apps/Games, the biggest app size is my Outlook with 2 GB......

I have literally NO IDEA what is taking up so much space on my computer.

• Does Windows 10 Installation literally take up my entire 110 GB?
    • Is there hidden files somewhere that I'm not seeing?
    • Has anyone else had this problem?
    • Why is it still prompting me even when I have an additional F: Drive Internal HDD that's practically empty?

ANY FIXES AND SOLUTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS EVERYONE!

submitted by /u/anasazigb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anasazigb, May 28, 2020

2. Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 28, 2020
  3. How to Free Up Disk Space in Windows 10

Hello,

There are factors to consider should you are running low on disk space in Windows 10. One reason is the
    temporary internet files being saved on your hard drive. We suggest
    performing a disk clean up to help you free some hard drive space. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, May 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10: "Not Enough Disk Space" - Need Help!

free disk space error in Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Low disk space error in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

We suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10: "Not Enough Disk Space" - Need Help!

1. Windows 10: "Not Enough Disk Space" - Need Help! - Similar Threads - Enough Disk Space

2. xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xcopy "not enough disk space" in win10: Hi there. I have an issue with win10 and xcopy. Every time I buy an external hdd or ssd I own a lot of those, both kinds, mainly used for backups, and not stressed much I check if it works, by formatting it and fill it with rubbish. The process goes like that, I create a...
  3. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough disk space for Windows update: Hi,I'm using Widows 10 64 bit on a Surface Pro2. I don't have enough disk space for Windows Update. I've connected an external disk but Windows Update doesn't see it. What can I do?Best regards...
  4. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not enough disk space for Windows update: Hi,I'm using Widows 10 64 bit on a Surface Pro2. I don't have enough disk space for Windows Update. I've connected an external disk but Windows Update doesn't see it. What can I do?Best regards...
  5. Not enough disk space for Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  7. factory reset, not enough disk space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    factory reset, not enough disk space: i was gonna factory reset my laptop but it says i don’t have enough disk space. i’ve forgotten the password to my admin account and don’t have any local accounts so i can’t clear up some space that way. is there a way to clear up space without having to log in or force it to...
  8. factory reset, not enough disk space

9. Not enough disk space to update windows 10

Not enough disk space to update windows 10: I am trying to update to windows 10 on a laptop with 32GB and I keep getting the not enough disk space error. Several articles and forums talk about a button that gives you the option to use an external drive, but the Windows 10 update assistant doesn't have that button. It...
  10. not enough disk space.

not enough disk space.: I am trying to update windows 10 but it tells me I do not have enough disk space. I have added a flash driver and a sdhc but still says not enough disk space....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not enough disc space to update windows 10