Windows 10: Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...

Discus and support Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; CPU: Intel i7-4770GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GBRAM: 4GBx4 16 GB DDR3-1600mhzMOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3SSD/HDD: Apacer 120GB SSD, Toshiba 1.8 TB HDDPSU:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nailedzz, Dec 2, 2021.

1. nailedzz Win User

Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...

CPU: Intel i7-4770GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GBRAM: 4GBx4 16 GB DDR3-1600mhzMOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3SSD/HDD: Apacer 120GB SSD, Toshiba 1.8 TB HDDPSU: Thermaltake 750W Smart BX1Windows version: Windows 10 Home 21H1I have this problem for the past few months. I restart my PC and then my screen turns off and goes idle and it all works fine. But after I put it to sleep and wake it up the next day, it just doesnt go idle anymore until I restart it again. I have no idea why its doing this. Please help.Thanks,

:)

nailedzz, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Louie_101 Win User

discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Stujuho Win User
    Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes

Hi all,

Today my laptop updated windows. Afterwards, my laptop now turns off/falls asleep after 1 or 2 minute idle. If I catch it and immediately move the cursor, it does nothing, I have to press a button to turn it on. I checked my power & sleep settings, the screen
    was set to 10 minutes and sleep after 15 minutes. I changed both to 20, and it is still doing it. I checked my screen saver, and I did not have one turned on, I turned the blank black screen, set to turn on after 10 minutes, but it still doing shutting off/sleeping
    after 1 or 2 minutes idle. This is occurring after the windows update, so I think it is because of that, but I do not know how to fix or what else to change. Thank you for your help!

Stujuho, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...

discord

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in downloading Discord app on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to install Discord?

If you are using an anti-virus, I would suggest you to disable it temporarily and check.

Note: If you disable the security software or firewall, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

If disabling the anti-virus doesn’t help, we can perform a Clean Boot on the computer.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article How to perform a
    clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If Clean Boot doesn’t work, we can create a new user account and check.
    Refer the article Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

You can also try removing the left over files of Discord by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Window logo key + R to open Run window.
    2. Type %appdata% and press
      Enter
    3. From the path that will open delete the %AppData%/Discord and %LocalAppData%/Discord folders.
    4. Restart your computer in the end.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1... - Similar Threads - going idle discord

2. Screen never turns off when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen never turns off when idle: Hello,I have a problem where my desktop computer's screens will not turn off after idling for the configured amount of minutes. I've checked to see if there was any application at all preventing the screens from turning off, but it doesn't seem like there is ever anything.PS...
  3. Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...: CPU: Intel i7-4770GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GBRAM: 4GBx4 16 GB DDR3-1600mhzMOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3SSD/HDD: Apacer 120GB SSD, Toshiba 1.8 TB HDDPSU: Thermaltake 750W Smart BX1Windows version: Windows 10 Home 21H1I have this problem for the past few months. I restart my PC and...
  4. Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not going to idle discord not putting me as afk/screen not turning off after 1...: CPU: Intel i7-4770GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX580 8GBRAM: 4GBx4 16 GB DDR3-1600mhzMOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3SSD/HDD: Apacer 120GB SSD, Toshiba 1.8 TB HDDPSU: Thermaltake 750W Smart BX1Windows version: Windows 10 Home 21H1I have this problem for the past few months. I restart my PC and...
  5. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  6. Screen turns off after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen turns off after 1 minute: I set my time after screen turns off to 5 minutes, but it keeps turning off and locking after 1 minute of inactivity. The weird thing is I tried setting screen saver to 2 minutes and then turned screen saver off and then the screen turned off after 2 minutes, but when I...
  7. Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off/going to sleep when idle only 1 or 2 minutes: Hi all, Today my laptop updated windows. Afterwards, my laptop now turns off/falls asleep after 1 or 2 minute idle. If I catch it and immediately move the cursor, it does nothing, I have to press a button to turn it on. I checked my power & sleep settings, the screen was...
  8. Display turning off or going dim after being Idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turning off or going dim after being Idle: This has just recently started happening and i've noticed it only happens if i'm idle while playing games. I have my laptop set to never sleep or hibernate. I have screen saver off. The display doesn't always just go to a black screen sometimes it'll just dim until I move the...
  9. Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen after 1 min of AFK: My problem is when I'm AFK for around one minute, the computer goes into some kind of sleep mode ( although I have it disabled in power options and set screen-switch-off-after option to 30 min, and hard-drive-switch-off option set to after 300 min ) . It's easy to get out of...
  10. Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10: How to: Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10 How to Turn Off Hard Disk After Idle in Windows 10 The NVMe. Having your HDDs automatically turned off after being idle can help save energy and extend a PC's battery life. When you or anything tries to access a...