Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Holding Theme and Notification Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Holding Theme and Notification Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, since updating to the latest version I find that 90% of the time, Windows does not hold the personalized settings. 1. I have set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatM_Aus, Apr 2, 2020.

1. PatM_Aus Win User

Windows 10 Not Holding Theme and Notification Settings

Hi all, since updating to the latest version I find that 90% of the time, Windows does not hold the personalized settings.

1. I have set Sideshow>Fill but it keeps reverting to either Slideshow>Tileor Picture>Tile whenever I start. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

2. Additionally, I am not sure if a separate issue or related; no matter what I do the notifications keep appearing from Display 1 right hand side. I have a two monitor setup Extended. The task bar sets to the second monitor RH side which is where I want it but the notifications always extend from Monitor 1.

3. Also, and again if I am not sure if a separate issue or related; the first time after starting and resetting the theme slideshow etc, the start menu pinned tiles area is a thin black area - no tiles. By clicking on the Win/Start icon again all is restored.

I have been through all the settings to check and all appear to be correctly set up.

Any suggestions most welcome. Thanks in advance.

:)

PatM_Aus, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Windows 10 Theme settings won't retain

Hi Alex,

Personalization includes your account's theme settings, desktop background, color and appearance, sounds, screen saver settings, desktop icon settings, mouse pointers, Notification Area Icons, and System Icons.

In Windows 10, the personalization settings are all moving to the Settings app. To access the setting app, here are the steps:

• On the Start Menu - select Settings (or in the Action Center - select All Settings)
    • In the Settings app - select Personalization
      • The Desktop Slideshow is available under Background
      • The Windows Color is under Colors
      • The Sounds can be reached through Themes - Advanced sound settings
    Once you begin to change the options, there will be an Unsaved Theme that you can rename.

As a workaround in creating a personal theme in windows 10, click on any theme under My Themes or Default Themes then press the Windows key and R (for Run) then enter control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper on the run line. The old Desktop
    Background screen will come up and you select Clear All then Browse. Select Pictures, scroll down to the ones you want to make a theme of, select the pictures then Save Changes. Click on Unsaved Theme to save it with the name of your choice and you have a
    new theme.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Not Holding Theme and Notification Settings

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Holding Theme and Notification Settings

1. Windows 10 Not Holding Theme and Notification Settings - Similar Threads - Holding Theme Notification

2. notification deletion in windows 10 settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification deletion in windows 10 settings: With regards to "Your Phone" and windows, I have had so many re-pairing s on my phone done and I am almost positive the channels are all screwed up, Unfortunately "terminating and resetting the Phone app and running a full PowerShell to re-register all windows apps including...
  3. Settings theme

Settings theme: Hello, This might not be the place, but just wanted to induce the idea through people who may, would one day pursue windows developers to do this. So, I wanted to post this a few years back, thought it'd be stupid thing to do, as devs will already be working on this, which...
  4. Windows 10 Notification in settings stuck on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Notification in settings stuck on: Hello, i’ve got Windows 10version 2004. I have an issue where the notification for a Windows update on tge hone page of Setting is stuck on even though the computer is up to date. I pressed refresh on the “check for updates” button 6 times in a row to be certain and nothing...
  5. Mouse settings not holding in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse settings not holding in Windows 10: Had an episode last week that finally fixed a video hardware problem but necessitated a Windows 10 Pro repair. All is fine & totally updated now except... I have a Microsoft 5000 wireless desktop. The keyboard's still functioning perfectly, but the functions assigned to the...
  6. Mouse and Theme settings

Mouse and Theme settings: There is both an administrator account (me) and a user account (my partner) on my Win 10 PC. Each account has its own mouse and theme settings. Starting about 2 months ago the settings don't hold and either the theme and mouse settings of one account become the settings for...
  7. Notifications-Windows 10 settings

Notifications-Windows 10 settings: The notifications button in settings has been turned to the off position. Now, it will not move to the on position. IT's STUCK! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-windows-10-settings/fd85f6bb-aa12-499a-a2d6-c06f207d6d86
  8. Notifications Tray and Dark Theme

Notifications Tray and Dark Theme: So I recently bought a surface go to go with my surface laptop, and for some reason my notifications and controls have disappeared multiple times for seemingly no reason. And has anyone noticed how inconsistent the dark theme is?[ATTACH]...
  9. windows 10, settings, theme

windows 10, settings, theme: every time I try to open themes in personalization, the settings program will first have no reaction and then exit. I've tried sfc and restarting themes in services but they didn't have any effect. please help....
  10. Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Theme Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the desktop background, colors, sounds,...