Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Identifying any Headphones as Audio Input Devices (All 3.5MM Jack)

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Identifying any Headphones as Audio Input Devices (All 3.5MM Jack) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to use the microphone on my headset but Windows 10 does not recognize any 3.5MM jack-based devices as audio inputs. I have tried with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Samuel_James_Sung, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Not Identifying any Headphones as Audio Input Devices (All 3.5MM Jack)

Hello,
    I'm trying to use the microphone on my headset but Windows 10 does not recognize any 3.5MM jack-based devices as audio inputs. I have tried with 3 different devices which I have successfully used for this purpose on this computer before (two of which I have used in the past day). I have restarted my computer, reinstalled realtek audio drivers, tried the windows native troubleshooting service, and double checked that the devices aren't having issues on other devices. Still, despite being able to hear audio without any issue, none of my headphones or heatsets are being recognized as microphones or audio input devices.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue? I desperately need it fixed to be able to use Zoom and Skype.

submitted by /u/Samuel_James_Sung
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Samuel_James_Sung, Dec 1, 2020
  2. newuser0 Win User

Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Hi, I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop running latest Windows Version 10 64-bit.

Is there a way in setting to select the headphones as the output device automatically when the headphones are connected to the Audio jack?

When the headphones are connected to the audio jack, a notification pops out in bottom right corner prompting:
    "Which device did you plug in?", with the Headphone highlighted. I have to then click "OK" to select it.

Is there a setting to make this automatic?

In Sound settings, under "Output device", I only see "Readltek(R) Audio" listed, even the headphones are connected.

Thanks.

newuser0, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Rich H567 Win User
    Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Dec 1, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 Not Identifying any Headphones as Audio Input Devices (All 3.5MM Jack)

Windows 10 Headphones not auto-selected when inserted to audio jack

Hi there
    problem might be if you are using an external monitor connected via HDMI with HDMI audio.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Identifying any Headphones as Audio Input Devices (All 3.5MM Jack)

1. Windows 10 Not Identifying any Headphones as Audio Input Devices (All 3.5MM Jack) - Similar Threads - Identifying Headphones Audio

2. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  3. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  4. Audio/Headphone jack not working/No Audio Output Device is installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Override audio connected to headphone jack to bluetooth audio device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Override audio connected to headphone jack to bluetooth audio device: I just upgraded to windows 10 version H2O2. In the past, I would have headphones plugged into the headphones jack on my laptop where audio would play. When I turned on my bluetooth headset, the audio would transfer to the bluetooth device and when I would turn off the...
  6. My windows detects an output device but not an input in the headphones jack

My windows detects an output device but not an input in the headphones jack: So, When I first bought my PC everything was working fine but i didn't need the mic then so I don't think i checked if it was working back then or no. Anyways I then needed my mic because I was playing with some friends. the game didn't detect my headphones mic I then went...
  7. no audio out of headphone jack

no audio out of headphone jack: Speakers work fine.Insert 1/8 plug into headphone jack and no sound output.My drum software says device disabled wont start.What are the proper settings when realtek audio are the only avail choice?...
  8. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...
  9. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...
  10. Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10)

Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10): Hi, this happened all of a sudden. I was using my Bluetooth headset for audio for YouTube videos when all of a sudden the battery died. After putting my wireless Bluetooth headphone to charging, when I tried using any of the wired headphones, none of them worked. It is like...