Windows 10: Windows 10 not indexing offline files

Discus and support Windows 10 not indexing offline files in Cortana to solve the problem; Had to replace previous W10 laptop. Set up mapped drives, got the files offline, but indexing does not show the drives in order to create a local... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JonathanRatner, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not indexing offline files

Had to replace previous W10 laptop. Set up mapped drives, got the files offline, but indexing does not show the drives in order to create a local index.

Of course I searched and lots of other people with the same problem and no solution up through 2018

:)

JonathanRatner, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Bruce_33 Win User

Indexing of offline files

Windows 7 used to index offline files. However, Windows 10 seems to not do this. Is this by design or do I have a configuration problem?

Bruce_33, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Diego Rios_06, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 not indexing offline files

indexing Publisher files

Hi,

What do you mean when you say 'how can I change Publisher to the other filter ?'

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not indexing offline files

1. Windows 10 not indexing offline files - Similar Threads - indexing offline files

2. Windows 10 and offline files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and offline files: I have 2 laptops that have been using offline file for over a year now. Suddenly they cannot sign onto the laptops unless they are connected to the network. The idea of offline files is they can use their laptop while out of the office and come back and sync. Once it gets...
  3. Windows 10 - Offline Files help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Offline Files help: Hi, I want to set \\fs\user$\desktop to available offline so users can see their desktop offline. I would like to use always offline mode. The issue I run into is that if desktop goes to offline then it also takes \\fs\user$ offline. Is there a way to have the subfolder...
  4. How to index files in windows 10

How to index files in windows 10: Files are not being displayed when I search for them by name. I have three hard drives. C; for system. E: for photos and data, and G: for more files. photos and data. The files are not displayed when searching by name in the search window. If a file is displayed as a...
  5. windows 10 offline files issue

windows 10 offline files issue: Hello, I have a couple of laptops that are exhibiting strange behaviors with offline folders. One is 1903, the other is 1909. When making the network home directory to be available offline, the laptop doesn't sync the entire folder. also, some folders/files in the home...
  6. Offline Files

Offline Files: I have a field based work group that all have to access a shared pool of data (several thousand files/folders) for some proprietary diagnostic equipment. The data is stored on a network drive and, prior to migrating to Windows 10 from Windows 7, we used the "Always Available...
  7. Offline Files issue Windows 10

Offline Files issue Windows 10: Good day, We have come across a issue with offline files and is hoping some has experienced the same issue that has a solution. Everything was working fine until the user ran a ms update last week. Offline files is setup correctly and is syncing fine but when the user goes...
  8. How to index Encrypted files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to index Encrypted files on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Indexing on Windows files refers to the listing of files in a special table so that the accessibility of the indexed files can be made faster on search. But on Windows 10, by default, you cannot find any files in [...] This post How to index Encrypted files on...
  9. Offline Files

Offline Files: Hello, I'm trying to find out if it is possible to have an offline file (application executable) make a network connection to an MS SQL Server? The scenario is this: A networked application server folder has been configured to be available offline so my understanding is...
  10. Windows 10 Offline Files GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Offline Files GPO: After a bit of advice. My organisation have utilised offline files for as long as i can remember and has always been configured using GPO Offline files area with great success and no issues. Since testing some Windows 10 Laptops with these GPO settings it appears to not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 offline files indexing