Windows 10: Windows 10 not installing properly/not booting.

Discus and support Windows 10 not installing properly/not booting. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I previously had a Linux computer and wanted to replace it with Windows, since I need specific Windows programs that Linux unfortunately doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by windowznoob1, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not installing properly/not booting.

Hello. I previously had a Linux computer and wanted to replace it with Windows, since I need specific Windows programs that Linux unfortunately doesn't have. I have a USB with the Windows ISO burned on it, and I used this to install Windows on the laptop.

However, after I install Windows on the laptop, it says it 'needs to restart to finish installation.' I let it restart, however it gets stuck on a black screen permanently. I've tried waiting it out for over an hour and it still does not do anything. When I press the off button and boot the computer back on, it gets stuck on a loop of booting, showing the laptop's manufacturer Samsung, and then booting off. It keeps looping this until I turn it off again.

I've been trying to fix this for a day now and still have no success. I have tried cleaning the disks, and wiping everything, and rebooting, and it doesn't want to cooperate. My computer isn't letting me boot to the BIOS menu, so the only way I have of editing the computer is through the Administrator command prompt I can access this by booting through the USB with the Windows installation on it.

I really need help. Any advice is seriously appreciated.

My laptop is a Samsung, Intel Core i3.

:)

windowznoob1, Feb 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 15, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 not installing properly/not booting.

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not installing properly/not booting.

1. Windows 10 not installing properly/not booting. - Similar Threads - installing properly booting

2. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot to proper Windows installation: Last night I tried to update my computer to the Windows 11 update. It downloaded and installed the update. It then went to the "finishing updates, don't shut your computer off" screen, but my computer crashed. After reboot, it showed an "undoing changes made to your computer"...
  3. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot to proper Windows installation: Last night I tried to update my computer to the Windows 11 update. It downloaded and installed the update. It then went to the "finishing updates, don't shut your computer off" screen, but my computer crashed. After reboot, it showed an "undoing changes made to your computer"...
  4. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 wont boot properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont boot properly: Hello, i finished building a friend's pc and after installing an SSD with windows 10, it goes into BSOD with an error SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDLED. I tried connecting USB with windows 10 setup(set up with RUFUS), but it does the same. I installed my m.2 ssd, which in...
  6. Windows 10 wont boot properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont boot properly: i recently got this PC and downloaded windows 10 pro to it with the key it came with. it has been working up until today when i turned it on it said "Your PC did not start correctly" it gave me options of weather i wanted to restart or go to Advanced Options. i went through...
  7. Windows 10 wont boot properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 wont boot properly: Hello! So i got laptop and PC. I took HDD out of my laptop with windows 10 installation. Put it in the pc, it doesnt work. It tries repairing, doesnt work. Any of the windows 10 failed boot selections doesnt work, except CMD. Put it back in my laptop, works like nothing has...
  8. Windows 10 doesn't boot properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 doesn't boot properly: Hi everyone, I recently installed linux alongside windows 10, everything was working fine for about a week i.e. I could boot into linux or windows, then windows stopped booting properly - when I boot into windows I log in, then the desktop loads and an error message pops up...
  9. Clean install of windows not booting properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of windows not booting properly: I recently got a new SSD (Kingston 120GB) and attempted to do a clean install of windows 10 via a USB drive. The process of installing onto the SSD itself worked fine, but when I restart the computer "insert proper boot device and press any key" error appears. The most...
  10. Need help to PROPERLY install dual boot: Windows 10 & Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help to PROPERLY install dual boot: Windows 10 & Windows 10: @essenbe and @strick: Perhaps you might remember that you helped me do this once before. I want to keep my current Windows 10 (which is faulty) and do a clean install (as you previously advised). There was something to do with the boot manager that you helped me correct. When...