Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly)

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I have Chrome open it sometimes doesn't stay on top and my other windows/applications (it's always the Files/Folder in the C-drive). When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kalbi, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Kalbi Win User

Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly)

Whenever I have Chrome open it sometimes doesn't stay on top and my other windows/applications (it's always the Files/Folder in the C-drive).

When Chrome or some other application is active, it will stay on top and then randomly de-activate and make the explorer on top.

Does this happen for anyone else? I don't know how to fix it. Googling it doesn't help either *Sad

Thanks to all the Pros!

:)

Kalbi, Oct 5, 2017
  2. meteorjw Win User

Active window doesn't display on top

Thanks for your help. I've been gradually working through these steps, but have run into some problems.

A SFC scan reported that it could not repair a file was corrupt or missing ... OpenCL.dll. Further research suggests that this file might not be responsible for the problems I'm having where active windows do not display on top.

I ran the DISM commands ... /scanhealth completed successfully. But /restorehealth reported an Error: 0x800f081f and said the source files could not be found, referring me to go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=243077.

I looked at this link and am totally lost about what to do next.

meteorjw, Oct 5, 2017
  3. meteorjw Win User
    Active window doesn't display on top

I have two different laptops, which have the same problem after upgrading to Windows 10 ... selecting a window to make it the new active window will frequently NOT be displayed on top, and will be blocked by other windows. The only solution is to constantly
    minimize all windows by displaying the desktop and then selecting a window from the taskbar. I never had this problem with Windows 7. Additionally, drop-down menus in Office products, like PowerPoint, frequently do not display, and have to be repeatedly
    selected. In every case, the taskbars and menu items have an appearance and act like the window or drop-down menu is being displayed, but they cannot be seen. Sometimes, the only way to solve the problem temporarily is by restarting the program or operating
    system.

meteorjw, Oct 5, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly)

Disable antivirus software see problem resolves.
    Boot your computer into Safe Mode see issue resolves.

FreeBooter, Oct 5, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly)

1. Windows 10 Not Keeping Active Window on Top (Switches Randomly) - Similar Threads - Keeping Active Window

2. Windows 10 & 11 keeps switching Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 & 11 keeps switching Windows: This started on Windows 10 and continues with 11. Every game loses 'focus' and switches, Clean installs of Windows and all drivers up to date. This has been since installation drivers and issues. Even older games....
  3. Windows 10 & 11 keeps switching Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & 11 keeps switching Windows: This started on Windows 10 and continues with 11. Every game loses 'focus' and switches, Clean installs of Windows and all drivers up to date. This has been since installation drivers and issues. Even older games....
  4. Keep a Window Always On Top

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep a Window Always On Top: Microsoft developer department i need method, How To Keep a one Window Always On Top In Windows 10, Without Any External Program. thank you. Eng. Elias Khdair...
  5. Top of window randomly flashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Top of window randomly flashing: You know what the top of a window looks like? Yeah, sometimes it just randomly flashes, and for about a few milliseconds, the top of the window kind of looks like windows 7. It's not a huge deal, but fixing it would be nice. Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1Nf1xAXrY0...
  6. My windows keep randomly switching whine in-game.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows keep randomly switching whine in-game.: This has been happening for the past two months now, and it rarely happens. I play a game and then it switches to google chrome. This is starting to get so annoying, and I am not finding answers online. No I do not have any malware in my computer, I have ran several scans. I...
  7. windows 10 keeps switching windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 keeps switching windows: When i'm gaming, my window just randomly changes. it's very annoying. it's basically the same effect as pressing ALT+TAB but it happens on it's own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keeps-switching-windows/97ebbaa0-6029-4745-a635-bb0b5de946d5
  8. Windows randomly switching

Windows randomly switching: I have Windows 10 x64, and sometimes when I type email on Thunderbird, while beginning to type, I hear a ding, then the window switches to another program. I think this problem happens to other programs too. Is there a bug in Windows 10?...
  9. Top part of a windows randomly

Top part of a windows randomly: Hello, on one of our computers, from time to time, the top part of ceratin windows just disappears. Some programs are affected (Windows Explorer, Edge, Acrobat Reader) and some are not at all (MS Office.) Rebooting the computer helps, but the problem then appears randomly...
  10. How to keep a window on top?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to keep a window on top?: I used a program called "Always On Top" but it's not working with Windows 10 anymore. It helps you to keep a window always on top even when you click a window behind it. Any alternative programs that work with Windows 10? Edit: Downloaded the latest version, now it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer frequently switches active window temporarily

2. windows 10 randomly switches to desktop

3. windows randomly switching applications

4. windows 10 Computer randomly switches to desktop ,
  5. pc randomly switches active windows,
  6. windows 10 not keeping windows active,
  7. windows 10 randomly switches windows