Windows 10: Windows 10 not launching correctly from Sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 not launching correctly from Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running the latest version of Windows 10 on an older HP laptop. When the laptop is shutdown and relaunched everything works fine. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by lfholmer, Jan 23, 2020.

1. lfholmer Win User

Windows 10 not launching correctly from Sleep

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 on an older HP laptop.

When the laptop is shutdown and relaunched everything works fine. However, when the laptop goes to sleep according to the schedule startup is a problem. Upon activating startup the Windows 10 graphic is displayed but the system hangs there without moving to the singon white rectangular box. Most times I have to push power button to shutdown the laptop and relaunch.

I have schedule a complete shutdown in the middle of the night to circumvent this situation at the morning at startup. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

lfholmer, Jan 23, 2020

2. Browser launches after sleep

Hi and thank you for your response, followed the steps above and rebooted sadly still no change. Browser still launches after sleep. I have tried what you suggest plus number of variations of uninstall, reinstall, downloading latest vendor drivers, using
    windows update to to get lastest drivers and letting control panel install drivers all with no change. Is there anything else you can suggest?

paulandratbags, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not launching correctly from Sleep

Games on Windows 10 not launching correctly

The troubleshooter did fix one thing, but the game still isn't launching correctly. Do you have any more suggestions?

InvincibleHawk8, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not launching correctly from Sleep

1. Windows 10 not launching correctly from Sleep - Similar Threads - launching correctly Sleep

2. Sleep Does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Does not work correctly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  3. Sleep Does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Does not work correctly: Hello,I am having a problem with my sleep button when ever I turn it to sleep it works fine but when I wake it up from sleep it shows me a blank screen and then restarts again and then start the pc as I turned the whole PC off. I tried a lot of things but noting seems to...
  4. Sleep does Not work correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep does Not work correctly: Hello,I encountered an issue with the sleep, whenever I use sleep it work as it should but when I wake the PC up it gets on and then shows nothing on the screen and then restarts itself. I think it crashes every time It goes to sleep, I have also updated my bios.Pc Specs-CPU-...
  5. Sleep does Not work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does Not work correctly: Hello,I encountered an issue with the sleep, whenever I use sleep it work as it should but when I wake the PC up it gets on and then shows nothing on the screen and then restarts itself. I think it crashes every time It goes to sleep, I have also updated my bios.Pc Specs-CPU-...
  6. Sleep does Not work correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 not loading correctly after long sleep

Windows 10 not loading correctly after long sleep: Hello, this has been frustrating me since getting this Dell 7391 laptop in August. I have tried a lot of things and now the laptop appears to sleep okay most of the time when its not a long sleep and wakes up okay. However as soon as it goes in a long sleep, say 45 minutes...
  8. Halo won't launch correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo won't launch correctly: Yes, I still play Halo on PC, the version that came out in 2003. It worked fine a couple days ago. I just tried to launch it, and it did not open to full screen. In fact during the loading screen, it paused more than normal, then the game minimized itself. I heard nothing,...
  9. windows 10 launch microsoft store after sleep

windows 10 launch microsoft store after sleep: Running windows 10, following sleep Microsoft store launches. I don't want to launch windows store. this happened after a recent windows update. recently scanned for virus and update status....
  10. computer won't sleep correctly.

in Windows 10 Support
    computer won't sleep correctly.: I am having this bizarre problem ever since I got my new ssd. if I select "sleep" it basically shuts down. I can turn it back on with the keyboard but it shows the boot logo and I lose everything this happened when I got the ssd and clean installed it. I went to do a reset...