Windows 10: Windows 10 not letting me make bat file need help

Discus and support Windows 10 not letting me make bat file need help in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So as the title suggests Win 10 isn't letting me make a bat file. So I make a test file called start.txt I rename it to start.bat and on the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DominikBorowiec, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not letting me make bat file need help

So as the title suggests Win 10 isn't letting me make a bat file.

So I make a test file called start.txt I rename it to start.bat and on the right hand side of the file it still says its a text document I think to myself that its odd and input my code into the file just for safety's sake I click save as and enter start.bat into the name field my pc then prompts me with a alert asking me if I want to replace start.bat.txt with start.bat I click yes and go to run the file and it just opens as a text file. Please help me find a way to fix this this isn't user error I have tried everything and still nothing I've set it to all files but it still turns it into a .txt by adding .txt to the end I can't seem to do anthing about it. Please help!

:)

DominikBorowiec, Mar 25, 2020

2. Help with a .bat file.

I have this .bat file that I've been messing around with:

Windows 10 not letting me make bat file need help [​IMG]

I got it to open the Windows Update interface:

Windows 10 not letting me make bat file need help [​IMG]

However, I need the .bat file to go a step further and auto click the Check for updates button circled in orange.

Can someone help me to finish editing the .bat file so that when I click the .bat file, the process of manually checking for Windows Updates becomes fully automated?

EyeInTheSky, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 not letting me make bat file need help

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not letting me make bat file need help

1. Windows 10 not letting me make bat file need help - Similar Threads - letting bat file

2. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help trying to undo a .bat file: Please help, I accidently installed the "Z590 Mystic Light" fix in the support section of ibuypower.com. The problem is I actually have a mag z390 tomahawk. When I enter windows+r and enter msinfo the baseboard product shows Z590 PRO wifi and now my mystic light software...
  3. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help trying to undo a .bat file: Please help, I accidently installed the "Z590 Mystic Light" fix in the support section of ibuypower.com. The problem is I actually have a mag z390 tomahawk. When I enter windows+r and enter msinfo the baseboard product shows Z590 PRO wifi and now my mystic light software...
  4. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file: Trying to automate one minor function in one of my .bat files and can't work out the "how".Trying to copy one file from a directory on my HDD to another directory on the same drive. But here's where it gets tricky:The "source" directory contains 15 to 20 files with the same...
  6. Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file: Trying to automate one minor function in one of my .bat files and can't work out the "how".Trying to copy one file from a directory on my HDD to another directory on the same drive. But here's where it gets tricky:The "source" directory contains 15 to 20 files with the same...
  7. Need help with XCOPY in Win 10 .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Help with the creation of a (to me) complicated bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with the creation of a (to me) complicated bat file: Hi people! I have a pretty complicated (to me) task to accomplish. I have a notebook with Windows 10 64 bit turned into a media-retrogaming living room PC. I use both emulators, old pc games and Steam games. I use two Playstation 3 controllers, connected with a bluetooth...
  9. Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some Help with CMD and .bat files: I have .bat file thats in a folder in my desktop (location). When i open the bat file i need it to run in the folder that's it's located (in the folder thats on my desktop) However, when i run the bat file it runs at the default location. So isn't there anyway I can change...
  10. Help with a .bat file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a .bat file.: I have this .bat file that I've been messing around with: [img] I got it to open the Windows Update interface: [img] However, I need the .bat file to go a step further and auto click the Check for updates button circled in orange. Can someone help me to finish...