Windows 10: Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently had a power issue where my PC is and when the issue was fixed, I tried logging into my account and found that I had lost my pin and had to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JoeHenry4, Aug 6, 2021.

1. JoeHenry4 Win User

Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account

I recently had a power issue where my PC is and when the issue was fixed, I tried logging into my account and found that I had lost my pin and had to use my Microsoft Password to sign in. I tried using it, and it said that the password was incorrect. So I attempted reseting the password and it did not work. I tried uninstalling a the previous windows update and when it asked me to sign in through the troubleshooting menu, it didn't work. I tried accessing safe mode and the command prompt and it didn't let me sign in there. I even tried reseting windows 10 and because it prompted me with my Mic

:)

JoeHenry4, Aug 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2021
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 7, 2021
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not letting me sign into my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - letting sign Microsoft

2. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  3. Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won’t Microsoft let me sign into my account?: I have an issue with my computer where it puts me into a temporary account and all of my files are gone along with my apps being missing from my home screen and my background/ settings have returned to default. I’ve tried resetting, going into safe mode, logging out, and...
  4. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  5. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer will not let me sign in to my account: It has been a few days now since I was able to sign into my account on my HP Pavilion. I have checked Google and have tried what I found there but nothing has helped so far. I now can't access any of my accounts on this computer. Can anyone help?...
  6. My computer will not let me sign in to my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft apps won't let me sign in with my new account :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft apps won't let me sign in with my new account :(: So i recently made a new account and i was planning to get rid of my old one, so i went to any microsoft apps like microsoft edge, word and powerpoint to sign in to my new account, the pin thing pops up and i typed my pin, and it loads for a long time and it says "something...
  8. It wont let me sign in to minecraft with my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It wont let me sign in to minecraft with my microsoft account: every time i try to sign in to minecraft it asks if i want to save my purchases to my microsoft account, so i press yes, and then it says failed to login. its really annoying because this happens every time. can someone tell me how to fix this?...
  9. Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my account to access my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my account to access my computer: Bought a Dell in August with Windows 10 installed on it. Suddenly in November when I booted up my computer instead of letting me sign in I got a box with the following message: We can't sign into your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account...
  10. Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts: I installed windows 10 from 7 and if i try to sign into cortana, onedrive or microsoft accounts it either say (something went wrong) or (there was a problem connecting to onedrive) Browsers work fine so i know i have an internet connection. I have reinstalled windows 10 once...