Windows 10: Windows 10 not letting me use ANY devices any more

Discus and support Windows 10 not letting me use ANY devices any more in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Heya Microsoft Community, some time ago I updated my Desktop Pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After some time problems started to come in. Firstly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Emil L., Jul 16, 2020.

1. Emil L. Win User

Windows 10 not letting me use ANY devices any more

Heya Microsoft Community,

some time ago I updated my Desktop Pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After some time problems started to come in.

Firstly, Windows repeatedly wanted me to update, but when I tried to the updates failed, and all the solutions I could find from starting in safe mode to getting a fresh start in Windows 10 while keeping my Files all just came up with errors.

And then, while this was happening, Windows was unable to install drivers. I couldn't use anything anymore that wasn't still connected to the Pc and had been connected to it for a long time, including USB Sticks and my Xbox 360 controller with receiver, both of which, mind you, work on the Laptop I also have.

Now, after I've moved + installed additional RAM, and everything was unplugged during the move because I was too stupid to think about what problems that could cause my Pc now can't install my Mouse and Keyboard, so I can't use it at all anymore although it starts up fine.

And it isn't that the USB ports are broken either, because it displays a message like "driver for Roccat so-and-so Mouse installing" "Device now ready to use" but it just isn't working - it has done this ever since this Problem began.

Windows 10 Home 10.0.18362.476

• Edition Windows 10 Home
    • Systembuild 10.0.18362.476
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    • Installed RAM 16 GB
    • Version 1903
    • Systemtyp OSType64BitX64
    • Prozessor IntelR CoreTM i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Edit: My System the problems are happening on as they are in my account - didn't post the serial number as I thought that maybe isn't necessary/should be private?

I hope this hasn't been already answered elsewhere I mean I kind of hope it has been, but you know what I mean, is there anything I can do? There are lots of files on the Pc I really would like to keep.

Thanks for reading and take care,

Emil L.

:)

Emil L., Jul 16, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

External Hard drive not found on Computer any more

Hi Teresa,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to run the Hardware troubleshooting in Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, type troubleshooting and then click it.
    • Under Hardware & Sound, select Configure a device.
    • Hardware and Devices window will pop up. Click Next and follow the instruction.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jul 16, 2020
  3. My Microsoft Surface Pro 3 won't let me install any apps or updates

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you with this

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    From the description provided, I understand that the Windows 10 is unable to download the latest updates and install apps from Windows Store.

Kindly follow the below suggested methods and see if it helps to resolve the issue with the failed updates and then try again to check.

Method 1

A. Check whether the Windows date and Time set to Automatic and synced.

B. Disconnect all the peripheral devices except for the mouse and keyboard.

C. Update all your computer's drivers from manufacturer’s website.

D. Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.
    E. Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

To troubleshoot Windows Store : Reset the store cache by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Open Run command by pressing
    Windows Key + R.

Step 2: Type wsreset.exe, and press
    Enter.

Refer the link below for more information:
    Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

Step 3:

What to do if you have problems with an app

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not letting me use ANY devices any more

Bluetooth is paired but not connecting to any device

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We understand your concern, but in order to help you better I would like you to answer the questions stated below;

• Do you get any error message when connecting the device?
    • Are the drivers updated?
    Step 1:

I would like to suggest that you log into Safe Mode with networking and check if the issue persist, if not try the steps below.

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.
    • Restart Computer
    • Follow the same procedure and uncheck the safe box in Boot tab to return to normal desktop mode.

Step2:

I suggest that you update your Bluetooth and Touchpad drivers. Follow the steps below to perform an update.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand “Bluetooth”.
    • Find and double-click on Bluetoothfrom the left panel to uninstall.
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not letting me use ANY devices any more

1. Windows 10 not letting me use ANY devices any more - Similar Threads - letting devices more

2. not letting me make any kind of purchases.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not letting me make any kind of purchases.: Playing a game Disney Magic Kingdom which I got through the Microsoft store, now it will not let me make any kind of purchases. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-letting-me-make-any-kind-of-purchases/af18faa5-abdb-47c1-a180-0abba9fecb25
  3. not letting me make any kind of purchases.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not letting me make any kind of purchases.: Playing a game Disney Magic Kingdom which I got through the Microsoft store, now it will not let me make any kind of purchases. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-letting-me-make-any-kind-of-purchases/af18faa5-abdb-47c1-a180-0abba9fecb25
  4. Windows won't let me use any activation codes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows won't let me use any activation codes: Whenever I input a code in into the "Change your product key" in the settings it always gives me an error. The error code is 0xc004f050. My old license had expired and I am pretty sure it was fake/not legit, because I did not buy it, but rather it was a gift a friend gave to...
  5. Windows 10 will not let me install any programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not let me install any programs: I can download programs, but cannot install them. It starts to install, then something blocks it. This has happened with common downloads like Quicken. I cannot even install updated iTunes files, or update Quicken. I tried to back up my files, but the Seagate hard drive...
  6. PC not letting me save ANY image files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not letting me save ANY image files?: My computer is not letting me save any image files. Every time I click the "save" or "save as" prompts nothing happens, it doesn't bring up any folder, or prompt to name the file. I've tried restarting, completely shutting off, and deleting excess documents off my pc, nothing...
  7. Is there is any program that let me change to multiple permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there is any program that let me change to multiple permissions: You are about to read some bad English and I am really sorry about it. I am not a native English speaker. Good evening guys, So my question is as the title says Is there is any program that let me change my folder/program or anything else to multiple permissions instead...
  8. Windows won't let me change any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't let me change any settings: My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right...
  9. Device Backups doesn't work any more

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Backups doesn't work any more: Hello! I noticed that the option of 'Backed up device settings' doesn't work anymore, since I had windows 8.1. and even after upgrading to Windows 10, it's all the same. any help would be appreciated 67207
  10. Is Windows 10 any use to me now?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows 10 any use to me now?: I went to PC World in UK to get an all in one desktop this week. I use my laptop with windows 10 for email, websites, burnimgmusic/video to cd and streaming music to my BOSE system. I was told that Windows 10 now will not allow streaming through WMP and will not allow...