Windows 10: Windows 10 not logging off when put into sleep mode

Discus and support Windows 10 not logging off when put into sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I haven't seen anyone with issue so far, I've checked the settings and everything is set to require a password after waking up from sleep. Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NoahJ2, May 28, 2021.

1. NoahJ2 Win User

Windows 10 not logging off when put into sleep mode

So I haven't seen anyone with issue so far, I've checked the settings and everything is set to require a password after waking up from sleep. Problem is that it doesn't do that, whenever I open my PC from sleep just goes straight to the desktop no password required. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and knows how to fix it

:)

NoahJ2, May 28, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, May 28, 2021
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 28, 2021
  4. Windows 10 not logging off when put into sleep mode

sleep mode in windows 10

Hi,

The challenge that you are having with the sleep mode on Windows 10 may be caused by misconfigured power settings on your computer. We suggest to check this thread:

Win 10 reboots after sleep mode
    . Look for MVP Mike Hall... always replied. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not logging off when put into sleep mode

1. Windows 10 not logging off when put into sleep mode - Similar Threads - logging off put

2. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  3. Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop restarts when put to sleep mode: For few weeks my windows 10 laptop cannot be put to sleep mode. When I close the lid or simply click on the sleep from the start menu, it goes to sleep but when I move the mouse or press anything to wake the laptop up again, it suddenly restarts itself. I have checked the...
  4. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.: Product: HP - 15s-Fq2041TU 15" NOTEBOOK Product Number 2S3A2PA#ABGWindows 10 64bit No matter what I try the system always Sleeps at the 'Turn off the display' setting, this is true for Battery or Plugged In.eg. Plugged In - 'Turn off the display' - 15 minutes, 'Put the...
  5. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.: Product: HP - 15s-Fq2041TU 15" NOTEBOOK Product Number 2S3A2PA#ABGWindows 10 64bit No matter what I try the system always Sleeps at the 'Turn off the display' setting, this is true for Battery or Plugged In.eg. Plugged In - 'Turn off the display' - 15 minutes, 'Put the...
  6. 'When to turn off display' actually puts my laptop into sleep mode, 'When to sleep' is ignored.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 will crash when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will crash when put into sleep mode: When I put my computer to sleep mode at night, not every night but maybe every 3rd or 4th time after a restart, the screen goes black like normal and just stays like that for about 15 minutes or so and then the PC just shuts down. I NEVER see a blue screen when it happens,...
  8. Windows 10 rebooting when put in sleep or shutdown mode

Windows 10 rebooting when put in sleep or shutdown mode: I'm not here to ask the question but to give a bit of advice. Before you go making a bunch of changes in Windows make sure that in you PC's bios you have Wake on LAN DISABLED. I could have saved myself a lot of time and effort had I just remembered to check this one setting....
  9. Windows 10 logs me off when I put my laptop to sleep

Windows 10 logs me off when I put my laptop to sleep: Hi, can anyone please help me with this. I usually lock or put my laptop to sleep when I'm away from it (by shutting the lid). Usually when it's been in sleep mode I can just open the lid and sign back into my account with my password, and everything is there the same as when...
  10. BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on laptop when putting it into sleep mode: Been having this problem since yesterday,whenever I put my laptop in sleep(press power button) and close lid I come back after few hours to find it rebooted.After checking blue screen view I found that there was a BSOD,mainly two drivers watchdog.sys and dxgmms2.sys I used...