Windows 10: windows 10 not opening certain windows

Discus and support windows 10 not opening certain windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i click on notification tab in bottom left of screen, the notification box flashes open then vanishes.. also i have to go through the task manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by garygallagher54, Aug 11, 2018.

1. windows 10 not opening certain windows

when i click on notification tab in bottom left of screen, the notification box flashes open then vanishes.. also i have to go through the task manager to shut my laptop down because it wont work via the start bar. I also could not open the wifi connection menu as that was also just vanishing straight away!

any help would be appreciated

:)

garygallagher54, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

windows 10 not opening certain windows

Delta6326, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 not opening certain windows

1. windows 10 not opening certain windows - Similar Threads - opening certain

2. Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search: Hello,I am on Windows 11. When I use certain applications and pinch to zoom, Windows search opens with every swipe which is very inconvenient for certain apps - I have not tested every app on my computer, but this does not happen in at least Firefox, Chrome, or on the...
  3. Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinch to zoom in certain applications opens Windows search: Hello,I am on Windows 11. When I use certain applications and pinch to zoom, Windows search opens with every swipe which is very inconvenient for certain apps - I have not tested every app on my computer, but this does not happen in at least Firefox, Chrome, or on the...
  4. Any one help me with this? also my PC is not letting me open certain files and says its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any one help me with this? also my PC is not letting me open certain files and says its...: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 25/01/2024 17:28:49 Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-MI2EV5U Description: Device...
  5. Any one help me with this? also my PC is not letting me open certain files and says its...

Any one help me with this? also my PC is not letting me open certain files and says its...: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 25/01/2024 17:28:49 Event ID: 411 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-MI2EV5U Description: Device...
  6. Why can't I open the properties of certain files or settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I open the properties of certain files or settings?: I have all of the latest windows updates installed, and I was wondering what this could mean, because I can't open the properties tab in any settings, like in the picture....
  7. Why can't I open the properties of certain files or settings?

Why can't I open the properties of certain files or settings?: I have all of the latest windows updates installed, and I was wondering what this could mean, because I can't open the properties tab in any settings, like in the picture....
  8. My device is a laptopwin11 Every time I open a certain game I get the blue screen with Stop...

My device is a laptopwin11 Every time I open a certain game I get the blue screen with Stop...: Hi,The proplem only happen when i am playing this game after 1~2 minutesI tried:turn off fast start up update the driversrun the memory daignostic tool...
  9. My device is a laptopwin11 Every time I open a certain game I get the blue screen with Stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device is a laptopwin11 Every time I open a certain game I get the blue screen with Stop...: Hi,The proplem only happen when i am playing this game after 1~2 minutesI tried:turn off fast start up update the driversrun the memory daignostic tool...
  10. I have been getting an error message when opening up certain games "The following...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been getting an error message when opening up certain games "The following...: I've been having this error for a while now, but it's only affected two applications and others have had the same issue. I've tried several ways to resolve this issue already, but no success. I've tried installing visual c++ redistributable, but I'm unable to. The uninstaller...