Windows 10: Windows 10 not opening settings by any means

Discus and support Windows 10 not opening settings by any means in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried opening settings from control panel and my start button will not open, (i'm aware many people have posted threads about this but none have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dragneeln915, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Windows 10 not opening settings by any means

I've tried opening settings from control panel and my start button will not open, (i'm aware many people have posted threads about this but none have helped me so far) everything in my taskbar has dissapeared when i restarted from fixing drive errors, and i also can't pin anything to my taskbar. Also if i restart my computer it takes much much longer than usual to start up, and goes through a series of black screens. So i would just like to know how to fix these, or even just fix settings and go back to windows 8.1

:)

dragneeln915, Oct 13, 2015

2. Copy and Paste not working by any means

Hello Gretchen,

One of the possible causes why you can't copy and paste on your Windows 10, is due to some program components are corrupted and that update is necessary. Having said that, we suggest trying the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if they helps:

Method 1:

If an app or update that you recently installed caused problems with your PC, you can restore Windows back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed
    apps and drivers.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create
    a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Note:

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure
    System Restore
    > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.

Method 2:

Sometimes corrupted User Profile causes this kind of behavior. We suggest setting up another User Profile to see if it makes any difference. Refer the article Set
    up accounts on Windows 10
    . Once you set up another User Profile, check and see if the same thing happens there.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Copy and Paste not working by any means

I signed off the server that I was remoting to and have not had a problem since logging back on.

Gretchen_B, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 not opening settings by any means

1. Windows 10 not opening settings by any means - Similar Threads - opening settings means

2. WINDOWS 10 setting not openning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 setting not openning: My windows 10 settings are not openning. Please help to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setting-not-openning/354474f5-7d4b-4ddc-9f1b-642cc20aacca
  3. Can't open settings or any apps or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings or any apps or settings: I restarted my surface pro that runs windows completely and it started up fine but I was unable to open up anything. I couldn't connect to networks because I open the wifi program. I could not open up my Start either or my action dialog notification panel or anything. I cant...
  4. Windows 10, unable to open any picture format with any program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, unable to open any picture format with any program: Hi For couple months I have this issue, that I can't open any picture on my computer. All the default picture viewers aren't working and I also tried the Irfanview. The only thing that work sometimes is Paint. Everytime I try to open a picture it says: "The app didn't...
  5. Settings will not open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings will not open in Windows 10: I don't know when this started so I don't know what caused this problem as I have not gone to settings in several months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-will-not-open-in-windows-10/1ad57139-1067-4499-baf9-fbe33bebd48b
  6. Windows 10 settings will not open

Windows 10 settings will not open: Have tried to access settings from the start menu and the notifications button. Goes to open screen comes up the promptly closes. Getting frustrated as want to change some settings. Any ideas? I am a newbie so please be patient....
  7. windows setting will not open

windows setting will not open: My windows setting will not open. It will close immediately after it opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-setting-will-not-open/0f7054c7-cb5e-4fe0-85d3-4a6d13ba63d5
  8. Unable to open any programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open any programs in Windows 10: Hi everyone. Recently, I have encountered troubles with Windows 10. I am unable to open any programs, including Chrome or Edge. I can't even Power Down. I have tried to reset my PC, but only comes up with "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes have been...
  9. 10 won't open anything (and i mean anything)

in Windows 10 Support
    10 won't open anything (and i mean anything): Hi all, I have been tasked with "fixing" an older Lenovo G550 laptop that originally came with Windows 7 (I believe Home Edition). The laptop's owner upgraded to Windows 10 when it was available as a Windows Update. It has worked fine (after fixing a few, um, hiccups due...
  10. Open Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Settings in Windows 10: so good to have you here with us another great tout 3326