Windows 10: Windows 10 not opening settings by any means

Discus and support Windows 10 not opening settings by any means in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've tried opening settings from control panel and my start button will not open, (i'm aware many people have posted threads about this but none have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dragneeln915, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Windows 10 not opening settings by any means

I've tried opening settings from control panel and my start button will not open, (i'm aware many people have posted threads about this but none have helped me so far) everything in my taskbar has dissapeared when i restarted from fixing drive errors, and i also can't pin anything to my taskbar. Also if i restart my computer it takes much much longer than usual to start up, and goes through a series of black screens. So i would just like to know how to fix these, or even just fix settings and go back to windows 8.1

:)

dragneeln915, Oct 13, 2015

2. Copy and Paste not working by any means

Hello Gretchen,

One of the possible causes why you can't copy and paste on your Windows 10, is due to some program components are corrupted and that update is necessary. Having said that, we suggest trying the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if they helps:

Method 1:

If an app or update that you recently installed caused problems with your PC, you can restore Windows back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed
    apps and drivers.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you create
    a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Note:

If you’re not seeing any restore points, it might be because system protection isn’t turned on. To check, go to the Control Panel, search for Recovery, and then select Recovery > Configure
    System Restore
    > Configure and make sure Turn on system protection is selected.

Method 2:

Sometimes corrupted User Profile causes this kind of behavior. We suggest setting up another User Profile to see if it makes any difference. Refer the article Set
    up accounts on Windows 10
    . Once you set up another User Profile, check and see if the same thing happens there.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Copy and Paste not working by any means

I signed off the server that I was remoting to and have not had a problem since logging back on.

Gretchen_B, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 not opening settings by any means

1. Windows 10 not opening settings by any means - Similar Threads - opening settings means

2. Any idea what this means?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any idea what this means?: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1001Parameter 2: ffffe18424687730Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033...
  3. Any idea what this means?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any idea what this means?: Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 144Parameter 1: 1001Parameter 2: ffffe18424687730Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033...
  4. Windows 10 Settings not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Settings not opening: i right click on the start menu, then select settings. i get the familiar blue box, but it disappears with no error message.ive trued to go in and use powershell and it doesn't like the command. cant locate it.The command i am using is Get-AppxPackage...
  5. I can't open any Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open any Settings: I installed an update today through the settings. After the required restart, I tried opening the settings app as I normally do to check on all my devices' settings. But it would open and immediately close without warning or error code. I tried opening it through the Command...
  6. Windows 10 Home Time Service is unavailable by any means

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home Time Service is unavailable by any means: Dear Microsoft representatives, Hi, I would like to ask your help to repair my windows time sync problem on my MSI Laptop. When I go to services, there is no button to click on. [ATTACH] I researched from lots of resources but I could never find a solution for this...
  7. Telemetry Settings meaning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Telemetry Settings meaning: In telemetry full settings its says itqq send advance diagnostic data which include the files and content ? Does it mean private files at the moment of crash ?...
  8. Can’t open settings in any way

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t open settings in any way: I’m currently on a windows 10 laptop and can’t open settings at all no matter what. It’s been like these for a day or so and happened randomly. I’m getting the error message saying “The group or recourse is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation”. Can...
  9. Can not open settings or any application in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not open settings or any application in settings: Recently ran an update. Everything else works fine. Can not open anything inside the settings app. Restarted with no luck. Not sure what to do next....
  10. Can't open settings or any apps or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings or any apps or settings: I restarted my surface pro that runs windows completely and it started up fine but I was unable to open up anything. I couldn't connect to networks because I open the wifi program. I could not open up my Start either or my action dialog notification panel or anything. I cant...