Windows 10: Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc

Discus and support Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have tested 5-6 different sound sources, sometimes at the same time Discord, video game, VLC, browser with youtube, win10 notifications but for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sound problem134412, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc

Hi,I have tested 5-6 different sound sources, sometimes at the same time Discord, video game, VLC, browser with youtube, win10 notifications but for some reason none of these applications that worked fine yesterday are producing sound - despite me having made no change since then. The applications show up in the volume mixer but the usual visual changes there that would usually occur just stay flat even when I know there should be sounds. Ive done restarting, reinstalling realtek, updating todays update, deinstalling the update from the 13th, restarted various sound services, none of it work

:)

sound problem134412, Oct 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 1809 Garbled Voice Audio from VOIP (Discord, Teamspeak 3) and video streams (Youtube).

After updating tonight to the 1809 release, I am having audio issues with certain audio sources. I am not sure if this is a codec issue.

When I try watching a YouTube video or other streaming video podcast, the audio source is distorted. When I use Discord or Teamspeak 3, the audio is also distorted.

I can hear Windows sound effects just fine. I can hear good audio in video games or other applications. I can play music through iTunes or other media players.

brytallica, Oct 16, 2021
  3. AllenZ1 Win User
    Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.

this doesn't really help me. the mic still picks up game sounds and sounds from chrome/youtube.

AllenZ1, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc

1. Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc - Similar Threads - picking sound sources

2. Desktop cant pick up any sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop cant pick up any sounds: I cant pick up any sounds in my headset. It is wired connected but today it doesnt get any souns at all. I tried videos and apps no sounds coming from the headset. I check on the sound icon and even I move the slider nothing change. I use the headset on my laptop and it pick...
  3. Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc: Hi,I have tested 5-6 different sound sources, sometimes at the same time Discord, video game, VLC, browser with youtube, win10 notifications but for some reason none of these applications that worked fine yesterday are producing sound - despite me having made no change since...
  4. Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not picking up any sound sources Youtube, Discord, Video game, Notifications, etc: Hi,I have tested 5-6 different sound sources, sometimes at the same time Discord, video game, VLC, browser with youtube, win10 notifications but for some reason none of these applications that worked fine yesterday are producing sound - despite me having made no change since...
  5. Apps not picking up any microphone sound Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps not picking up any microphone sound Windows 10: My microphone has stopped working in all apps even the default voice recording app. I can tell the hardware is fine because in sound settings the 'test your microphone' section is picking up audio. The problem isn't with my microphone privacy settings either as all the apps I...
  6. My mic plays the audio from my desktop not games youtube/discord notifications etc. but not...

My mic plays the audio from my desktop not games youtube/discord notifications etc. but not...: My mic plays my desktop audio but not my voice. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mic-plays-the-audio-from-my-desktop-not-games/2739257c-ae21-4c52-9cb4-1a7ea22ae18d
  7. Microphone barely picking up any sound

Microphone barely picking up any sound: I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this morning, all good. Went out for lunch, came back and now it barely picks up any sound, nothing changed as far as I know,...
  8. Sound not working for youtube- etc...?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound not working for youtube- etc...?: Hello- I've checked all of the Device Manager settings, and they say that they are working properly, but when I try to view a video on youtube, there is no sound whatsoever- even tho my speakers are turned up-- must be something simple I'm missing? duh......
  9. Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.

Microphone is picking up all sounds from laptop including youtube, music, game sounds etc.: My microphone is picking up all sounds from my device which includes game audio, music, browser sounds. When I'm in a call with friends, they say that they can hear whatever I'm hearing through my earbuds and that they can hear themselves talking. I have tried most of the...
  10. BSOD while watching any videos(youtube, hulu, etc)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching any videos(youtube, hulu, etc): For the past month or so I have been having an issue where I got the BSOD while watching any videos. Sometimes the screen will freeze but then recover, but when it doesn't I get the BSOD and a DPC Watchdog violation. I have tried many actions from the internet including...