Windows 10: Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

Discus and support Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok, this is my 3rd weekend trying to fix this audio problem and i'm getting desperate. My computer was built 4 years ago and uses Realtek audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dizuki, Apr 10, 2019.

1. dizuki Win User

Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

Ok, this is my 3rd weekend trying to fix this audio problem and i'm getting desperate. My computer was built 4 years ago and uses Realtek audio drivers. It was previously a windows 7 system until a hard drive failure forced me to do a clean install and since I lost my windows 7 disk i figured why not "upgrade". It worked fine for a few days, then one of my headphones seemed to be going out, as it was really quiet. It sounded like whatever i was listening to was playing in the next room in one ear. So i got new headphones and it turned out it wasn't the headphones. I dealt with it because I usually only use 1 headphone anyway. But the Problem kept getting worse and randomly which headphone was the good one would switch every 40 minutes or so. So in the middle of playing games or watching videos, it would over the course of 10 seconds or so get really quiet and I'd have to switch buds. Then it kept getting worse now randomly both headphones will go out and i have to restart my computer to fix it. That was when I drew the line saying I have to fix this. I've been reinstalling drivers through windows, through Nividia, though Dell, uninstalling my drivers for fresh installs, unclicking boxes, reclicking boxes my last 6 nights off from work, and nothing has helped yet. In fact its gotten even worse and tonight, even on 100% on everything (Mixer, system setting, video setting, ect) It still sounds like my next door neighbor is watch the video on moderate volume.

As far as tonight is concerned I already checked windows for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled all my audio drivers, restarted my computer 20-30 times, disabled all audio ports except the one I was using, "disabled all sound effects, tried loudness Equalization. Everytime I think its fixed, i still have one earbud out and an hour or so later poof it all goes back out.

:)

dizuki, Apr 10, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 - Audio sounds tinny when headphones are plugged in

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to run built-in audio troubleshooter and check. Refer to the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Playing audio to run the troubleshooter.
    You may also change the default playback device for audio and check if it helps. To do it, Right Click on the Volume icon and select Playback Devices. There you should be able to select Headphones and External Speakers.

You may also try updating the audio drivers and check. In case it still does not work, then I suggest you to download Windows 10 Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and install them. If Windows 10 drivers are unavailable,
    I suggest that you download and install the Windows 7/8 drivers from the manufacturer's website using compatibility mode as mentioned in the following article and check:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance regarding this issue.

Yaqub K, Apr 10, 2019
  3. [WTB][EU]   Beginner audiophile headphones

i would also recommend looking at the Audio Technica m50s if this is your first step into audiophile headphones.

most of the cans you listed will also need an amp to push them.

THRiLL KiLL, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones. - Similar Threads - playing audio headphones

2. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  3. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  4. bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio: i connected my bluetooth headphones to my laptop but they arent connected to audio or playing sound. i tried connecting them to my phone and it worked. are my headphones broken or is it my computer.im using a mpow 059 for headphones and a HP Laptop 17-by2xxx notebook pc...
  5. Non zoom audio not playing in headphones but zoom audio is playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non zoom audio not playing in headphones but zoom audio is playing: When I played audio from chrome or any other application except zoom it does not play from the headphones but plays from the system speakers. I tried to change the audio output from the settings but it didn't have an option to change it to headphone audio for the system audio...
  6. Headphones no longer play Audio

Headphones no longer play Audio: Suddenly today, without a single hardware/software change, when I opened my laptop and plugged in my headphones to start work, the audio no longer played through them. There was no abrupt damage to the 3.5mm plug on my laptop nor on the headphones; they worked fine earlier...
  7. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.

Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.: I have a pair of Mee BTX2 bluetooth earphones that work normally on my phone but not on my laptop Asus Zephyrus GA502DU. I can pair and connect to the earphones and they play audio only when the hands-free device is selected as the playback device, not the stereo mode which...
  8. Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones: I've got a pair of Bluetooth headphones, which I want to use to listen to audio on my PC and don't need to use as a headset (although they do contain a microphone for that purpose). When I pair them to my PC, two audio devices show up as available. One is a hands-free...
  9. Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.: Split from this thread. This is also happening to my computer I Have a Dell inspirion 7000 1300 laptop. Over the past week or 2 Sound Devices have slowly started going out for a few days I'd Reboot the computer and it would fix it Then the headphone Jack stopped then the...
  10. Windows 10: Audio won't play on separate speakers or headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Audio won't play on separate speakers or headphones: Not sure why but my laptop with windows 10 doesn't play sound anymore from other devices such as my headphones or 3rd party speakers. Not sure which version I'm using but my laptop just updated yesterday and the problem has existed for a long while even way before the update....