Windows 10: windows 10 not power off displays

Discus and support windows 10 not power off displays in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 was released 4 years ago, and STILL does not power off displays as requested by users. WHEN, OH WHEN microsoft are you EVER going to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by HeyLookItsMe, Jul 16, 2019.

1. windows 10 not power off displays

Windows 10 was released 4 years ago, and STILL does not power off displays as requested by users. WHEN, OH WHEN microsoft are you EVER going to fix this?????

:)

HeyLookItsMe, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Power up Display is OFF

Hi Linda,

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with Power up display of Windows 10.

Before proceeding further, I suggest you to provide the detailed description of the issue, so that we will be able to assist you in better way.

• What is make and model of your computer?

• Is your computer up to date?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below method and check if it helps.

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1: Create a new power plan.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows key + R, type
      powercfg.cpl in the box and press Enter.

• Select current power pan and click on
      Choose when to turn off the display on the left pane.

• Select your favorite time to display the screen and click on
      Save changes.

• If that does not help, Click on the
      Advanced power plan settings and click on Display on the Window pop up. Expand
      Turn off display after and set as Never.
    Method 2: Update Display adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Also you can download the latest updated display driver from the computer manufacturer website.

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    with Power up display of Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 not power off displays

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 not power off displays

1. windows 10 not power off displays - Similar Threads - power off displays

2. Display powering off for no reason

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display powering off for no reason: I encountered an issue that (so far) only seems to be happening with BlueStacks (an emulation program for android). It happened twice in the last two days. Once, I left the game on, went back after 20 min and the monitor was powered off (no signal detected) even though the...
  3. Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 2004 - USB Joystick prevents display from powering off: The problem described in THIS SITUATION has come back following Win10 ver 2004. To remind all, here is the text. Please note that this happens with various hardware, not just this joystick. When I have either of my USB joysticks connected to my system, the computer will...
  4. no power button - "turn off display" option Windows 10 Home 20H2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no power button - "turn off display" option Windows 10 Home 20H2: Since the windows update, the option to use the power button to turn off the display has disappeared from my advanced power options. I have the shutdown, hibernate, sleep and do nothing options, but not the "turn off display" option. The PC is a Surface Pro 6 and the...
  5. Windows Display Adapter Turning Off / Not Enough Power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Display Adapter Turning Off / Not Enough Power: I bought a Windows Display Adapter V2 back in February 2020. It has been working great every day in my classroom since I purchased it. Today, as I turned on my projector as I always do, the WDA was not connecting to my computer. The Windows logo would come on and about 10...
  6. Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Turn Off the Display Via the Power Button: I would like to turn off the display on my tablet without putting it to sleep via pressing the power button. I read that the Power Options allow this. But, when I looked, I saw only Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, and Shut down. Turn off the display is not available. What...
  7. Windows 10 Turn off Display Power Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Turn off Display Power Setting: I have an MSI laptop that I use for streaming, so I leave the computer on almost all the time. I want my monitors to turn off though after a period of inactivity. I have my power plan settings set to turn the monitors off after 15 minutes. When 15 minutes is up, the displays...
  8. Windows 10 power off issues.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 power off issues.: Hello, I have an older HP Pavilion desktop, model p7-1108p to be exact, which I purchased back in 2011 and it came pre-loaded with Windows 7. Recently, due to a hard drive failure I upgraded the hard drive and installed Windows 10 pro on my computer. After the...
  9. Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Power Options "Turn off the Display" Power Button Not Available / Not Listed: Hi guys, I've recently purchased a Dell XPS 15 (9570) and a feature I am very fond of under Power Options is not available on this machine. On my older machine (Dell M3800) I set the Power Button to "Turn off the Display", which helps save power and improves privacy when I...
  10. Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" from Power Options in Windows 10 locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display. The Console lock...