Windows 10: Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power

Discus and support Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had my PC in sleep mode, and someone tripped a breaker. The computer shut off, but nothing important was unsaved. No biggie. Unfortunately, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DavidBrehl, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power

I had my PC in sleep mode, and someone tripped a breaker. The computer shut off, but nothing important was unsaved. No biggie. Unfortunately, Windows 10 64-bit home edition now thinks that my PC is a totally different computer; no hardware change, no other computers with the same product key, but I somehow need to re-activate windows. My copy of windows 10 is not linked to a Microsoft account, and there are no other devices linked to my Microsoft account.

Thanks, Microsoft.

What do I do now?

:)

DavidBrehl, Mar 23, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

The thing is I have no spyware; I've done scans with different pieces of software and they all confirm this. The active desktop bit that was removed by Search & Destroy is, I think, a pure Windows thing and I've seen it being listed in Search & Destroy scans on both this and other PCs before.

The thing is that this time I was trying to be clever and pressed "delete" whereas before I just ignored it. I've undone the Active Desktop removal in Search & Destroy and also followed your tips above but it makes no difference - still no desktop background. Any other ideas or do I just wait until the next reformat?

Misiowiec, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power

1. Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power - Similar Threads - activating desktop lost

2. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE: I started up my computer after a power failure. The desktop display screen is completely different. I think it might be the default blue screen with Windows logo.I personalized screen had a family photo and several shortcut desktop icons to excels/word document files. they...
  3. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE: I started up my computer after a power failure. The desktop display screen is completely different. I think it might be the default blue screen with Windows logo.I personalized screen had a family photo and several shortcut desktop icons to excels/word document files. they...
  4. DESKTOP DISPLAY LOST AFTER POWER FAILURE

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 activation after re-installing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation after re-installing: Hello all, I am planning to re-install Windows 10. I want all my data to be deleted, so I am going to use the Media Creation Tool 2004, and create a bootable USB stick, then re-install Windows 10. But I have a doubt about the license. I actually bought the laptop from a...
  6. My desktop gets re-initiated after WIndows 10 automatic update : I lost the apps on the desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My desktop gets re-initiated after WIndows 10 automatic update : I lost the apps on the desktop: SInce I have accepted to run a mandatory update of Windows 10 on 2nd July my laptop is no more keeping my windows account configuration after any restart. 1 When I restart my laptop the desktop shows only Chrome and MIcrosoft edge even if I have put all the apps that I need...
  7. Re-activating Windows after reinstallation

Re-activating Windows after reinstallation: hello, I've reinstalled windows on my laptop, and now it is in 'not activated' windows status. This is kinda old laptop, I've bought ~7 years ago in official retailer shop with pre-installed windows. I can see my device on account page, but can't access the old windows key to...
  8. Windows 10 not activating after re-install

Windows 10 not activating after re-install: I updated my hardware it was basically a full rebuild and reinstalled Windows from a boot drive. It installed just fine, but won't activate now. I tried doing a reset and reinstall, and it still isn't working. Under Activation in the Settings, it gives me this error code:...
  9. Activating windows 10 after re-instalation

Activating windows 10 after re-instalation: My machine crashed and i had to re install windows. I am now using my machine but windows is not activated.My question is , how do i recover my old activation code or otherwise re-activate windows?...
  10. Windows 10 Activation - After Re Installation

Windows 10 Activation - After Re Installation: Hi My name is Tariq, I need assistance regarding activation of my Laptop Windows 10. When i bought there were windows 7 Installed then automatically upgraded to windows 10. Then one day my laptop windows get corrupted and I reinstall windows 10. now after installation,...