Windows 10: Windows 10 not reading / dsiplaying file dates correctly.

Discus and support Windows 10 not reading / dsiplaying file dates correctly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a question that I hope someone in the can answer. I use Lightroom / Photoshop as many photographers do, I suppose. Since upgrading to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Penbrandt, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Penbrandt Win User

Windows 10 not reading / dsiplaying file dates correctly.

I have a question that I hope someone in the can answer.
    I use Lightroom / Photoshop as many photographers do, I suppose.

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I am having trouble with Windows 10 Explorer recognizing dates on images correctly.

I had a bunch imported to other day that it labeled 12/31/1969.

I am pretty sure that was not right since I was only 13 that year and the digital concept was still WAY below the horizon!

I can change the capture date in photo editing but Windows 10 explorer still does not display it correctly.

Anyone else noticed an issue with Windows 10 explorer recognizing and displaying capture/created dates right? ... or have a fix?
    Any help would be appreciated,

:)

Penbrandt, Sep 16, 2016

2. FLAC tag/metadata reading in WMP on Windows 10

With Windows 10 comes FLAC support (finally!), but I've noticed that when I load FLAC music into the Windows Media Player library, all of the songs show as having an "unknown year" as well as the Contributing Artist section appearing blank.

All my files are correctly tag (used MP3tag which supports many audio formats). From a bit of reading on the internet it seems to be caused by WMP not correctly reading the tagging information of the FLAC files. When trying to retrieve the year of a song,
    the player tries to read from the YEAR tag of the FLAC file, but FLAC files DON'T use YEAR as a tag, but instead they use the DATE tag, so the player is trying to read something that doesn't exist in the file and I'm assuming that's the same problem with the
    CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS tag as well.

This seems to be an oversight by the developers who must've assumed FLAC files use all of the same tags as other audio formats. Does anyone know of a solution for this in order to get the media player to read correctly?

yourma2000, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Photos not showing dates correctly

Hello SGB_1999,

Thanks for posting to the forum of Windows Phone.

Check if they are sorted correctly on OneDrive, then on the pone go to Settings > Date and time and set to manual.

After this perform a soft reset by pressing Power button + Volume down button until the phone vibrates and restarts.

Once you have done this, I would advise you to take new photos and see if they get sorted in the right way.

Regards,

Martina T., Sep 16, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

It is a known issue with Lightroom and all software that is used to manipulate photos. It is basically taking a no date in the Exif part of the file, which somehow got stripped when you uploaded the pictures from your camera to your computer.

This goes back to the days of Unix to save space on the storage. It is a default if no creation date is embedded in the file.

bro67, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not reading / dsiplaying file dates correctly. - Similar Threads - reading dsiplaying file

2. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  3. Correcting incorrect date of birth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correcting incorrect date of birth: When I first got a Microsoft system I needed a login for, I created an Outlook account especially for the computer and set the date of birth to 1 November 2013. That was a lie, because I didn't feel like sharing my real date of birth with Microsoft.Unfortunately, my new...
  4. Correcting incorrect date of birth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Correcting incorrect date of birth: When I first got a Microsoft system I needed a login for, I created an Outlook account especially for the computer and set the date of birth to 1 November 2013. That was a lie, because I didn't feel like sharing my real date of birth with Microsoft.Unfortunately, my new...
  5. date modified not correct in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    date modified not correct in windows 10: Dear Team,In my system date modified not correct in my windows 10.pls advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-modified-not-correct-in-windows-10/fbaf3d7f-6fd9-4c63-9fa9-da84f427f9d1
  6. Windows 10 failing to automatically apply correct date & time attributes to files and folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 failing to automatically apply correct date & time attributes to files and folders.: When I create a new folder or download a file into File Explorer, the date and time attributes are incorrect, sometime by years. For example, I just created a folder at 2116h, 6 Mar 2021, yet 0542h, 14 Mar 2015 is shown in both the date created and modified columns. This is...
  7. Memory not being read correctly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory not being read correctly: I noticed my usually quick PC slowing down at times. This PC says i have 8 CPU-Z says I have 14 I ran the W msched per the tutorial and it came back clean. Process explorer giveth: [img] what's going on here? It's a PITA to move this PC and reseat the memory but I think...
  8. Sort by date not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort by date not working correctly: i recently updated to windows 10 from 8.1 and the sort by date in the downloads folder is failing miserably, files that are downloaded are appearing in the middle of the folder or even at the last and in random locations, this is really frustrating and i tried all sort by...
  9. Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly

Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly: When I download a document from the web or when I save a document attached to an email, it often puts it in the Downloads folder but under the wrong date. My computer has the correct date and time on it so why is it assigning the wrong date to the dowloaded or saved file? I'm...
  10. Files date and time not correct.

Files date and time not correct.: [ATTACH] How can the date modified be tomorrow morning? Did windows become psychic? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-date-and-time-not-correct/6c22a230-1476-4dac-9bb0-487929b285ea"