Windows 10: Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen

Discus and support Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have been using Windows 10 for about a week without any major issues. Today while in IE screen went black for a couple seconds, then returned to IE,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Desert Fox, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen

Have been using Windows 10 for about a week without any major issues. Today while in IE screen went black for a couple seconds, then returned to IE, but cursor didn't respond. Then screen went black and stayed black with "DVI", "HDMI", and "VGA" icons appearing sequentially in upper right hand corner, then "no signal". Large white cursor arrow on screen responding to mouse. CLT, ALT, Delete did not work. Manually powered down and repowered. Initial blue HP screen appears, but nothing further. I am a "basic" computer user, so simple directions would be much appreciated.

:)

Desert Fox, Dec 6, 2015

2. Blend test with Prime95 causes BSOD

Hello,

I just built an high End PC with Win 10 and get Blackscreen when I'm playing and when I'm doing a blend test with Prime95.

The Blackscreen its just black and then reboot. No message or something. After reboot everthing is fine.

So I got out that just 1 of my 8gb DDR4 Ripjaw 5 is running all properly (with the non working one Windows is still booting and without blendtest or games everything is fine). So I tested the RAM with the Windows Utily and with Memtest86 and everything seems
    fine.

Tomorrow I'll give other RAM the try (4x8gb DDR from Corsair).

Pecs:

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Intel I7-6700K

Nvidia GTX980-ti

G-Skill 2x8gb DDR4 2133 MHz Ripjaw V

Samsung 850 Pro 512gb

bequit 650W Black Power PSU

Blackscreen without Errormessage- Original Title

HelloWorldSX, Dec 6, 2015
  3. abulaurs Win User
    Windows update issue

Hello,

I tired clean install of windows 10 (v1709) and stopped windows update and it was ok, then tried updating drivers

after that booted computer had missing operating system issue

Then reset the bios and boot pc worked, later i left the laptop and not done anything comeback see blackscreen with message missing operating system

Then reboot and logged in left the laptop for few mins then automatically blue screen says pc ran in problem crashes

abulaurs, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen

1. Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen - Similar Threads - rebooting blackscreen

2. Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.: Dear Sirs, I have now for a few weeks suffered from Windows 10 freezing up when playing War Thunder through Steam. Occasionally I have recieved a BSOD but 95% of the time it is only a freeze followed by two failed attempts to log in to Windows freeze again at windows start...
  3. Laptop restarts/reboots after sleep mode

Laptop restarts/reboots after sleep mode: Hello, I need some help. My laptop Asus ZenBook UX461UA is having an issue after closing the lid sleep mode. After opening the lid, it has been restarted/rebooted. I've already searched across the internet and the forum, tried the various fixes suggested for similar sounding...
  4. How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?: I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight. Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the night and this has caused the copy to stop etc. I already renamed the Reboot file to Reboot.old in this directory:...
  5. How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent Win10 rebooting during the night ?: I am copying a large amount of data to the network, and doing this overnight. Frustratingly, Windows 10 has decided to reboot a few times during the night and this has caused the copy to stop etc. I already renamed the Reboot file to Reboot.old in this directory:...
  6. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133...

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133...: Hello, I am having trouble with my Windows since a couple of months now, it crashes mainly when I am having a voice/video conference. I have linked the mini dump file. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuFHG3XprIDVgedtpPiH8n6EmcW2ZQ?e=R5hV58 Hope someone can help me fix this issue...
  7. Reboot laptop help

Reboot laptop help: I need help, every time I switch on my laptop I keep get this message, "please select proper boot menu and press any key.. What do I do as I have no clue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-laptop-help/be08aa6d-1721-4e33-b429-c797b09b4e4a
  8. Office suddently glitches out resolves after a reboot (sometimes)

Office suddently glitches out resolves after a reboot (sometimes): So, i've been having this issue where any office app, Excel, Word, Outlook will just glitch and go black or do random stuff, a reboot sometimes fixes it but it always come back any ideas ? submitted by /u/GSC1000 [link] [comments]...
  9. After I login I get a blackscreen. I tried to fix it but every time I reboot I get this error.

After I login I get a blackscreen. I tried to fix it but every time I reboot I get this error.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Whiteboy_76 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv9jqi/after_i_login_i_get_a_blackscreen_i_tried_to_fix/
  10. Fallout 3 and PUBG blackscreen my PC, forcing hard reboot

Fallout 3 and PUBG blackscreen my PC, forcing hard reboot: This is my first time posting here and I rarely use forums so sorry in advance for the mistakes I will make. My PC is an i5-8600k on an MSI MS-7B22, it has 16GB DDR4, a GTX 960, and runs Windows 10 Pro 64-bit build 16299. My NVIDIA driver is currently rolled back to version...