Windows 10: Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen

Discus and support Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have been using Windows 10 for about a week without any major issues. Today while in IE screen went black for a couple seconds, then returned to IE,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Desert Fox, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen

Have been using Windows 10 for about a week without any major issues. Today while in IE screen went black for a couple seconds, then returned to IE, but cursor didn't respond. Then screen went black and stayed black with "DVI", "HDMI", and "VGA" icons appearing sequentially in upper right hand corner, then "no signal". Large white cursor arrow on screen responding to mouse. CLT, ALT, Delete did not work. Manually powered down and repowered. Initial blue HP screen appears, but nothing further. I am a "basic" computer user, so simple directions would be much appreciated.

:)

Desert Fox, Dec 6, 2015

2. Blend test with Prime95 causes BSOD

Hello,

I just built an high End PC with Win 10 and get Blackscreen when I'm playing and when I'm doing a blend test with Prime95.

The Blackscreen its just black and then reboot. No message or something. After reboot everthing is fine.

So I got out that just 1 of my 8gb DDR4 Ripjaw 5 is running all properly (with the non working one Windows is still booting and without blendtest or games everything is fine). So I tested the RAM with the Windows Utily and with Memtest86 and everything seems
    fine.

Tomorrow I'll give other RAM the try (4x8gb DDR from Corsair).

Pecs:

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Intel I7-6700K

Nvidia GTX980-ti

G-Skill 2x8gb DDR4 2133 MHz Ripjaw V

Samsung 850 Pro 512gb

bequit 650W Black Power PSU

Blackscreen without Errormessage- Original Title

HelloWorldSX, Dec 6, 2015
  3. abulaurs Win User
    Windows update issue

Hello,

I tired clean install of windows 10 (v1709) and stopped windows update and it was ok, then tried updating drivers

after that booted computer had missing operating system issue

Then reset the bios and boot pc worked, later i left the laptop and not done anything comeback see blackscreen with message missing operating system

Then reboot and logged in left the laptop for few mins then automatically blue screen says pc ran in problem crashes

abulaurs, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen

1. Windows 10 not rebooting after blackscreen - Similar Threads - rebooting blackscreen

2. PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE don't skip me!! how to reboot Dell XPS 8700 running Windows 10 8709 when monitor...: I've been troubleshooting the freezing that has reappeared in recent weeks by using msconfig and changing enabled services and start menu items. Got down to three start menu enables and everything seemed fine....I could do anything, work for an hour or more....no freeze ups....
  3. Computer stuck on Gateway's logo during reboot

Computer stuck on Gateway's logo during reboot: After the Windows 10 update yesterday, my computer won't reboot - it's stuck at the manufacturer's logo (Gateway). I've tried restarting numerous times to no avail - tried to get into safe mode by the rebooting three times but since the computer gets stuck at the logo it...
  4. Windows 10 reboot/recovery/restart loop help.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reboot/recovery/restart loop help.: I currently use Windows 10 software and one dayI shut off my pc and used two weeks later to turning it on and having it say “failed to start” with a percentage next to. After it takes me to recovery mode, Ive looked up and tried about 15 solutions such as: Command prompt...
  5. reboot computer to an earlier date

reboot computer to an earlier date: How do I reboot my computer to an earlier date? Lost data and would like to go back and recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-computer-to-an-earlier-date/7bfcd688-3322-43a5-b71b-bc44922df0eb
  6. Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot: Hello, Every few days, I'm on Chrome and Internet stops working suddenly. Here is the picture. Read the text below... [ATTACH] Only a reboot fixes the issue and gives me a few days again. What may be the issue? How to fix that? Thank you...
  7. Windows 10 Freeze and Reboot on its own

Windows 10 Freeze and Reboot on its own: Windows 10 will freeze, usually playing a game, and the computer reboots and all seems well for a while. What can I do to stop this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-and-reboot-on-its-own/8bc24d1d-ad76-4a46-ab63-a108c22b05d0
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 x64 2019-04, always fails on reboot

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 x64 2019-04, always fails on reboot: PC on Windows 10 version 1809. Repeatedly downloads and installs the April 2019 Feature Update version 1903 x64 2019-04. But when rebooting to complete the installation the progress dialogue sticks at 56% for about a minute, then the dialogue clears and the reboot finishes...
  9. No sound after Win 10 Home reboot

No sound after Win 10 Home reboot: HP Desktop processor: ADM A-10-5700 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 3.40GHz The speakers were working fine before I did a complete back to basic reboot of Win 10. (I did the reboot because I was getting a blue screen several times a day that pop up says "Kernel mode trap"...
  10. Fallout 3 and PUBG blackscreen my PC, forcing hard reboot

Fallout 3 and PUBG blackscreen my PC, forcing hard reboot: This is my first time posting here and I rarely use forums so sorry in advance for the mistakes I will make. My PC is an i5-8600k on an MSI MS-7B22, it has 16GB DDR4, a GTX 960, and runs Windows 10 Pro 64-bit build 16299. My NVIDIA driver is currently rolled back to version...