Windows 10: Windows 10 not receiving mic audio

Discus and support Windows 10 not receiving mic audio in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jake7777, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Jake7777 Win User

Windows 10 not receiving mic audio

Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input from it. When I speak or tap on the mic, no green bars appear in the sound menu as well as discord/windows voice recorder not detecting any input.

My rig:
    Acer Predator, Windows 10 (Version 1809, build 17763.557)

My headset:
    SteelSeries Arctis 5 (USB)

What I've tried so far:
    I have tested my headset with my phone using a 3.5mm, and audio input/output worked normally. I also tested this with a different desktop running windows 10 and experienced the same problem.

1) Default microphone is set to Arctis 5 and enabled, all others are disabled
    2) Audio enhancements are disabled
    3) Volume is maxed in "levels" tab of microphone properties
    3) Allow applications to take exclusive control is disabled
    4) Fully updated windows
    5) Reinstalled and attempted to update headset drivers (no updates)
    6) Plugged in headset using every USB port
    7) Ran audio troubleshooter, didn't help
    8) Tried to configure mic, can't go past the part where windows asks you to speak into the mic because it doesn't detect any audio from it.
    9) In Privacy, allowed all apps to access microphone
    10) Downloaded steelseries' engine, program can't detect audio when trying a live mic test and it's pretty much useless for anything outside of tweaking sound settings
    11) Connected headset using 3.5mm jack, both audio and microphone stopped working
    12) And before anyone asks, yes I made sure the mic isn't muted by the headset itself

I have also looked for brand-specific drivers from steelseries but can't find any. I've tried everything I can think of and everything I've read online. Any help is appreciated, and if anyone wants additional information or screenshots just let me know.

:)

Jake7777, Jun 15, 2019

2. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

windows 10 build 16184 fixed yeahhhhhhhhh
    ""
    • Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
    • "

itachimendes, Jun 15, 2019
  3. my head phone mic is not working in window 10

Hello Jaxon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that your headphone mic is not working in Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query.

This issue might be occurring because the microphone might not be set as a default device or there might be any error in settings also. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Recording Audio troubleshooter

The built-in recording audio troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with headphone or microphone. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any
    issue with the microphone. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the
              view all option on the left pane

• Click on Recoding Audio troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Recording Audio troubleshooter do not fix the
    issue then I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps to set the microphone as a default device:

• Right click on the “Sound icon” on the bottom right of the desktop screen

• Click on “Sounds”, click on “Recording

• Right click on “Microphone” and then click on “Set as default device

• Click on “Apply” and then “OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not receiving mic audio

Lumia 950 mic audio pickup too weak

Hello,

For us to be able to isolate why your audio mic is weak, kindly answer these questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already contacted B2X regarding your concern?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Gerald Mal, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not receiving mic audio

1. Windows 10 not receiving mic audio - Similar Threads - receiving mic audio

2. Audio and mic issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio and mic issue: Hello,So I have a HP laptop .So a few days ago my mic on my laptop stopped working, and then the speaker. I plugged 3 different headphones and the mic and the speaker in those also don't work .But they are working on my other devices. It seems it is not a hardware issue...
  3. Mic detected but not receiving input

Mic detected but not receiving input: edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480...
  4. My audio and mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    My audio and mic: Hi,I recently got a new mic for my laptop. The mic is the type where you plug it into the headphone jack. whenever I plug it in my laptop to record, and then listen after to what I recorded, I cant hear the audio unless I unplug the mic. I was wondering, cuz I'd like to use...
  5. Bluetooth audio and mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio and mic: Hey Reddit, I'm in a bit of an issue when trying to use my Bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. It seems that when I connect them to the laptop the pc recognises the device and I'm able to play music through it perfectly. However when I try to use it for Slack...
  6. Mic receiver partially works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic receiver partially works: My child have a test today on my PC and it's utilizing Chrome programs with some extention from the test site and the beginning it requested microphone and I permitted the pop up however during the test the mic not getting any voice except for When I am utilizing recorder...
  7. Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input

Headset muting audio on receiving Mic input: I actually had this issue with my old headset and thought it was just the headset, but this one worked just fine, I was changing some sound settings to fix some audio lag I was getting, now this headset does the exact thing the old one did. I can't remember exactly what I...
  8. New audio interface, some apps not receiving mic signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New audio interface, some apps not receiving mic signal: I'm stumped on this one, any help would be appreciated. Recently upgraded from a Mackie Onyx Artist 1-2 to a Tascam Series 102i audio interface, I use an Audio Technica AT2020 mic. Everything seemed great when I made the switch; my mic gain levels were way better on Discord...
  9. Windows not receiving mic audio input

Windows not receiving mic audio input: Hello, this is a common problem from what I've read so far. Summed up, Windows 10 detects my new headset's mic but is not receiving any audio input from it. When I speak or tap on the mic, no green bars appear in the sound menu as well as discord/windows voice recorder not...
  10. audio/mic jack

audio/mic jack: i have a windows tablet with a dual headphones/microphone jack. i plug in a pair of earphones with a built in mic, the audio does come through the earphones but the mic is not used. the mic on the tablet is still being used. how can i get the mic on the earphones to work?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not receiving audio